• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony lists E3 games, explains God of War changes due to Europe

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
The ones they explicitly confirm are:
  • God of War
  • Spider-Man
  • Uncharted: The Lost Legacy
  • Days Gone
  • Gran Turismo Sport
Glixel said:
If all this talk of games that sound a lot more casual has you squirming a little, it doesn't mean we'll be seeing a shift in emphasis from Sony, especially at E3 this year. With the success of Horizon already established, and the top games on the platform being FIFA, Grand Theft Auto V, and Final Fantasy XV, we'll be seeing lots of big, epic games – although many of them were shown last year at either E3 or Sony's own event in December. The God of War reboot from Sony's Santa Monica studio will be central to this – its new, more narrative-focused, open-world approach with a grizzled, bearded Kratos coming as a direct result of Sony's new global thinking. While always popular in North America, past games in the series just didn't do it for players elsewhere. "It's a franchise that has historically acutely underperformed in Europe," Ryan says. "Hack and slash games tend to not do so well in Europe, so the narrative this time around will make a big difference. European gamers love narrative games. And Singstar."

Alongside God of War Layden confirmed that we'll also see Naughty Dog's Uncharted: The Lost Legacy, Insomniac's Spider-Man, Days Gone from Sony's Bend Studio, and Polyphony's Gran Turismo Sport. Sadly, we couldn't get a rise out of him on what InFamous and Sly Cooper developer Sucker Punch is working on, or whether there'll be any word of Sony partnering with FromSoftware on Bloodborne 2. "You can ask," he quipped – but wouldn't say anything further. We may get another glimpse of Hideo Kojima's Death Stranding, though. "We're partnering with him and financing development of Death Stranding. His team has taken the Decima engine that Guerrilla built for Horizon Zero Dawn and they're using that as the base for Death Stranding. Both teams are working from a joint code base now and building on it. It's kind of like a holy grail in game development. Some studios outside of my world have invoked that kind of discipline – "thou shalt all use this engine" – but we've sort of left it to our studios to find the engine they need within the technologies that we have available."
Sony will also be pushing its partnerships, "We have a Call of Duty partnership, a Destiny 2 partnership, Red Dead partnership with Take-Two and Star Wars with EA," says Ryan. While unwilling to specify the nature of these deals, it's likely we'll see trailer premieres at the very least.
Source: http://www.glixel.com/news/playstation-is-winning-but-what-next-w485683

Xando

Spider Man and Days Gone

giphy.gif

God of War changes sound good to me

Yes i'm european

FelipeMGM

There is this interesting quote from the Times interview too

Layden says the Japanese publishers are also coming back, listing off recent games like Resident Evil 7, Nioh, Nier: Automata, Persona 5 and Final Fantasy XV as examples. "That's super important for us," he says. "I think a lot of Japanese developers lost their way chasing the mobile games yen, if you will, but they're coming back to console in a major way. And speaking of, we'll have some big announcements at E3 in that precise vein."

http://time.com/4804768/playstation-4-ps4-pro-psvr-sales/

I-hate-u

Europe is to blame for the death of hack n' slashers?

THANKS A LOT EUROGAF.

Sony will also be pushing its partnerships, "We have a Call of Duty partnership, a Destiny 2 partnership, Red Dead partnership with Take-Two and Star Wars with EA," says Ryan. While unwilling to specify the nature of these deals, it's likely we'll see trailer premieres at the very least.

Ample time for bathroom breaks.

Rellik

"European gamers love narrative games. And Singstar."

So that's why we got a forced Singstar icon on the XMB on our PS3s in Europe.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Europe is to blame for the death of hack n' slashers?

THANKS A LOT EUROGAF.

Ample time for bathroom breaks.

Hey, I bought all DMC games!
except that turd DmC

#NotAllEuropeans

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
"Hack and slash games tend to not do so well in Europe, so the narrative this time around will make a big difference. European gamers love narrative games. And Singstar."

Singing mini game confirmed for GoW

Gurish

All expected games but it's cool to get a confirmation, c'mon Spiderman!

Btw why Sony is sharing so much data (about sales and such) and information today (including some arrogant statements :p)?

JMY86

A full RDR 2 trailer would be grand. I am looking forward to seeing Spiderman as well and God of War. I have zero interest in Days Gone as of now though. Damn I am getting excited...

Tagyhag

Hope they show a lot more features from Days Gone. I get the horde aspect, now let's see survival mechanics.

Simo

Rockstar announcing RDR2s delay pretty much meant no E3 showing but that quote is...interesting.

I mean we expected showcases for Destiny 2, CoD, Battlefront 2 etc at the conference because of their deals but name dropping Red Dead...

Top Bottom