• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Expect less talk, more games again from Sony E3

sense

Hype continues to rise for sony e3

As for the experience awaiting PlayStation buffs when the curtain lifts on Sony's E3 media event, live streaming from the Shrine Auditorium & Expo Hall (online as well as in select theaters) next Monday, June 12, Layden says to think of it less as a press conference than a software showcase."The crowd will only have to suffer I think in aggregate 90 seconds of me," he jokes. "And in the middle will be all the games."

http://time.com/4804768/playstation-4-ps4-pro-psvr-sales/

wiibomb

it seems like this Sony understands a lot more about these press conferences now.

they are meant like a show now.

Sony has gotten a lot better with pacing their conferences in the past few years. Nothing like the ridiculously long Wonderbook demo, or Bendis blathering on stage about Powers for what felt like twenty minutes.

Sony's improved dramatically in this area in recent years. They get it now -- hence why you're seeing all the corporate blather come out this week.

ps3ud0

Excellent - means staying up UK time and suffering at work the following day might be worth it...
Ill fall asleep as usual

ps3ud0 8)

Boke1879

Perfect. This was amazing last year. Just a nonstop showcase of games with Shawn talking for a few seconds at a time to set some stuff up.

This needs to be the norm for all Pressers. I love the games Ubisoft shows, but it's most of the time but they talk to much lol.

I'd actually prefer some good old sales charts to break up that line of games featuring characters walking slowly though a forest/overgrown city.

Rymuth

Good news, their conference being a slew of trailers as opposed to talking neads trying to convince us 'we're gamers(tm)!! Just like you, honest!' was the reason why their conference took the number 1 spot for me.

MattAces

Can they make it a 4D experience next year?
Not just an orchestra, but include a water spray, chair shaking and air vent.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Shawn-Layden.jpg

2017-06-0518_36_47-pr5nrku.png

Good. They're format for last year was PERFECT. Playstation has come a long way from stretching out there presentations with filler.

Awesome. This is what I want from their conferences. Last year's was amazing — I just hope they bring the orchestra back.

Top Bottom