• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Former MMA Fighter War Machine sentenced to life in prison.

Linkura

Please just give him a life sentence

I got you fam.

http://www.tmz.com/2017/06/05/war-machine-life-sentence-beating-girlfriend-christy-mack/

Former MMA fighter War Machine is going to prison for life, with possibility of parole, for the heinous 2014 beating of his ex-girlfriend.
The judge said he will be eligible for parole after 36 years ... when he is 71. As we reported ... he was found guilty of sexual assault, coercion, battery by strangulation, kidnapping and several other charges. The jury was hung on attempted murder charges.
During Monday's sentencing ... War Machine's ex, Christy Mack, made a tearful plea to the court, saying ... "I do know that when he gets out he will kill me."
He also spoke during the hearing ... saying he hates himself for committing the beating.

Slayven

Good. Dude is a fucking psycho and should be considered a danger to everyone around him.

Edit: the jury was almost hung on attempted murder? Did they read the medical report???

I thought he already gotten life

Hell look at the pics, he tired to kill her

jrcbandit

He deserves this but I am surprised at the length of the sentence.

To punish him for being such an idiot that he did not accept the plea deal that was offered for 16 years to life or the 2nd one for 18 to 40 years.... Sends a message to others to accept a reasonable plea deal before wasting the court's time in going to trial.

Lubricus

To punish him for being such an idiot that he did not accept the plea deal that was offered for 16 years to life or the 2nd one for 18 to 40 years.... Sends a message to others to accept a reasonable plea deal before wasting the court's time in going to trial.

Also his prior history of violence and being arrested.

danthefan

Just read up on this... My god. She had 18 broken bones and a ruptured liver amongst many other injuries by the time she actually got to hospital. This guy is just complete scum. Fuck him.

He shouldn't be eligible for parole. He got off too light.

He should not know freedom for ten seconds the rest of his time on Earth.

What's a life sentence in years?

There isn't a number.

He's got 36 years before the possibility of parole. At that point, he can start petitioning for parole, but the only way he's ever getting out of jail is on the recommendation of a parole board. If they never recommend his release, he will stay in prison until he dies.

Well if anyone would know what insincere looks like, it would be a Trump supporter.

Is this thread about a rape victim and her abuser or about you trying to pwn people on the internet?

I mean, we're talking about a woman who was savagely beaten and almost murdered, and the best you can come up with is to randomly hurl insults unprovoked insults? GTFO of here with that shit.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
40 years iirc. From the UK thought so might be different in US.

Justice served nicely.

It's until you're dead unless you get parole.

He'll have plenty of time to work on his prison blog that a "friend" (who the fuck is typing this shit out, really) takes from handwritten notes and puts into a site for him. An example of the pearls of wisdom War Machine is giving out:

"The oppression of MEN is worse than oppression of Jews in Nazi germany, worse than the slavery of Blacks in early America ... I'm not exaggerating either.""

Is this thread about a rape victim and her abuser or about you trying to pwn people on the internet?

I mean, we're talking about a woman who was savagely beaten and almost murdered, and the best you can come up with is to randomly hurl insults unprovoked insults? GTFO of here with that shit.

The woman you just callously referred to as "insincere". You can take your own advice.

It's until you're dead unless you get parole.

He'll have plenty of time to work on his prison blog that a "friend" (who the fuck is typing this shit out, really) takes from handwritten notes and puts into a site for him. An example of the pearls of wisdom War Machine is giving out:

"The oppression of MEN is worse than oppression of Jews in Nazi germany, worse than the slavery of Blacks in early America … I'm not exaggerating either.""

Yep my mistake, seems I picked the 40 years thing up some time ago after Ian Huntley was convicted in the UK, given minimum 40.

The oppression of MEN line is pure madness

Top Bottom