• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

: 14 Day Free Trial of Xbox Game Pass Will Auto Renew Tomorrow

Gowans

Just checked and Game Pass with auto renew tomorrow for £7.99/$9.99/€9.99 tomorrow if you claimed your 14 day trial on release for gold members.

If you don't want to keep the service or be charged jump into your subscriptions and cancel the auto renew if you haven't already

Gowans

No problem, I'm on the fence to keep it personally.

I've played a lot of games I wouldn't have touched and enjoyed and it's a good excuse to jump into daft multiplayer games with mates.

But for someone with a huge backlog/catalog on Xbox already I'm not desperate but want to support it and see more stuff get into the library.

For £7.99 a month ill keep it for the next few. Currently playing through Mad Max, DMC and a few others. So I'll get decent value out of it anyway.

Shiggy

They were asking you to add a payment method despite it being free, so it was rather obvious even if someone did not read what it said.

TheBlack12elve

Neo Member
So everyone knows, the best way to do get auto renew turned off is to call in. it's doable on the console and website, but those options are not as reliable as having someone put hands on your account.

Inaugural post, SUP GAF!

Shiggy

So everyone knows, the best way to do get auto renew turned off is to call in. it's doable on the console and website, but those options are not as reliable as having someone put hands on your account.

Inaugural post, SUP GAF!

Isn't that the least reliable way because you won't see if the person really does anything and you have no proof of the conversation later on?

TheBlack12elve

Neo Member
Isn't that the least reliable way because you won't see if the person really does anything and you have no proof of the conversation later on?

actually every call to MS support is logged on your account, it's the best reason to call and have it done because there is a record that says what you called for.

xrnzaaas

The fact that everyone else does it is not an excuse. That's one of the reasons why I never give my credit card information to anyone (also for security reasons obviously).

10c per game. Why cancel?

And how many of these games will you have time to play within a month? :) Game Pass imo is a good service for someone who didn't play many games for various reasons and now wants to catch up. If you don't have that much time for video games then you can spend 10 Euro on 1-2 games each month and have them forever.

c0de

The fact that everyone else does it is not an excuse. That's one of the reasons why I never give my credit card information to anyone (also for security reasons obviously).

And how many of these games will you have time to play within a month? :)

Game Pass has too many games.

Free trials, that how they get you, they hope you forget. While some people will choose to pay. I'm sure some will totally forget then realize months later they have been paying.

Gowans

We you're signing up for the subscription when you get your 14 days on top for free but you can cancel as part of that process and still have your 14 days.

I'm sure people we forget tho you're right, that's why I threw this up.

TheBlack12elve

Neo Member
I only own a 360 and get lots of reminders to renew but I never saw it doing it automatically.

It depends on how you signed up. Prepaid card, you get a reminder. Payment method, it autodebits. That is unless you've shut off auto renew manually or called in.

Chrisdk

I'm gonna keep it for a month and then take a break. There is a couple of games i want to finish and i just got back into Halo with a friend.

I will resub when they add some more games i want to play. I really like the game pass feature and hope it will take off. I'm much more likely to try a game when i don't have to buy every single one. Lots of missed gems that i now will get to try out.

Top Bottom