• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New details for Final Fantasy XV's June update (Off-Road Driving)

Some new announcements were made in the 30th-anniversary event today.

koSxLbe.jpg

• Episode Prompto gonna have a main theme composed by Naoshi Mizuta (FFXI)

• Cup Noodle Style costume for Noctis

• Regalia Type-D. A new form for the Regalia that's able to travel off-road.

More information is coming at E3.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
This is some amazing nonsense. Does it fix FFXV back to being the full game we wish it were? I dunno.

When's this coming out? I just bought the game on the US PSN sale but I can still wait for this update to come out before jumping into it. I still have Horizon: Zero Dawn to play through.

When's this coming out? I just bought the game on the US PSN sale but I can still wait for this update to come out before jumping into it. I still have Horizon: Zero Dawn to play through.

End of June, along with the Episode Prompto DLC and presumably a free story update.

Falk

that puzzling face

End of June, along with the Episode Prompto DLC and presumably a free story update.

There's a bunch of other things they've talked about (Ignis DLC, etc) which would still be some time off- If you're hankering to start, you might as well start since likely you're gonna revisit after they call it a day anyway.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Is flying still so janky that it's not even worth doing?
The real question is, will Highwind in FFVII act the same way? Imagine flying to Mideel and crash landing right in the woods

I wish I was able to wait for games to have their game-changing fixes so I could play their best version first (Witcher 3, FFXV).

I think FFXV final version might be a better game than the one we got in November 2016

Blobbers

How about off-road flying? I wanna finally go into that ravine next to Lestallum without invisible walls auto-steering me away

Perfo

Thirteen flew over the cuckoo's nest
Just develop a cool expansion and be done with these worthless free upgrades please -.-'

Vashetti

Banned
Looking forward to the

"Out of my chair, jester. The king sits there."

scene with the cup noodle hat

Just develop a cool expansion and be done with these worthless free upgrades please -.-'

It's not a case of everyone all works on one thing.

Koozek

This is how the work-in-progress off-road driving looked like from a few months ago, for those who missed it:

Code:
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/oPH1Gll.gif[/IMG]

Perfo

It's not a case of everyone all works on one thing.

It's all just wrong, even if it requires two staff members for all this. Mostly they're giving me the idea I bought an incomplete messy game on day one for 269,00 EUR and people buying it one year later (for 20 eur ) will get to experience a better game. Leave the game as it is, develop a proper follow-up in the form of 34,00 EUR retail expansion (including all the upgrades they made and will make) and impress me like that giving me a better impression of their efforts when all releases together with a BANG!

Vashetti

Banned
It's all just wrong, even if it requires two staff members for all this. Mostly they're giving me the idea I bought an incomplete messy game on day one for 269,00 EUR and people buying it one year later will get to experience a better game. Leave the game as it is, develop a proper follow-up in the form of 34,00 EUR retail expansion (including all the upgrades they made and will make) and impress me like that giving me a better impression of their efforts when all releases together with a BANG!

This is the case with 99% of games nowadays.

Buy a game a year later and you'll always have a more refined experience.

Perfo

This is the case with 99% of games nowadays.

Buy a game a year later and you'll always have a more refined experience.

I'm not so sure, we're talking of not just gameplay tweaks and balances here and there but an entire gameplay overhaul with stuff like off-road driving and such. Not sure it falls in the same category as other games before it.

Zakalwe

Banned
Love the support they're giving this game. They obviously care about trying to make their game better, and I personally can't wait to give the final thing a shot with all new content whenever that happens.

bigol

There's another bit of info about Episode Prompto

Episode Prompto will have a new story and a new gameplay system. Story is set when
he falls from the train

Jimm

Off road would have been nice at launch. When am i going to use it now I've already finished the game. Sorry Square but move on to the next game please...

ToonLink

When are the updates/DLC scheduled to finish? At this point I feel like I might as well wait until then to buy/play the game.

artsi

It's all just wrong, even if it requires two staff members for all this. Mostly they're giving me the idea I bought an incomplete messy game on day one for 269,00 EUR and people buying it one year later (for 20 eur ) will get to experience a better game. Leave the game as it is, develop a proper follow-up in the form of 34,00 EUR retail expansion (including all the upgrades they made and will make) and impress me like that giving me a better impression of their efforts when all releases together with a BANG!

Free updates and support are a good thing. No one forces you to pay so much on release, and you want to pay more for updates? Why?

When are the updates/DLC scheduled to finish? At this point I feel like I might as well wait until then to buy/play the game.

Probably around the end of the year. Episode Prompto is almost done, but they've still got Episode Ignis and the multiplayer expansion to finish.

benzy

They said they have updates planned for the whole year. After that they're not sure if they'll continue but it depends on fan demand.

ToonLink

Probably around the end of the year. Episode Prompto is almost done, but they've still got Episode Ignis and the multiplayer expansion to finish.

They said they have updates planned for the whole year. After that they're not sure if they'll continue but it depends on fan demand.

Thanks! Do you think they'll make a GOTY version? Not sure if Square have done that kind of thing before.

tsundoku

the game just continues to be more and more of a prototype for 7 remake that I'm absolutely baffled the remake was ever not in house.

really struggling to find myself caring about the episodes when the gladio one added nothing to the story in retrospect. if it had been used to pad out the story in that section which felt protracted it would have made way more sense. this Prompto one is just going to covwr reveals we already know.

Arkeband

Banned
So there's a thought that occurred to me when looking at the off-roading stuff in FFXV. What if this is a test bed for the buggy in FFVIIr?

It's not using the same engine, so, no.

Offroading is fine, but it highlights how poorly designed this game was: If they add this, it makes chocobos useless. But this should have been how it was since release, so where does that leave chocobos?

The cup noodle outfit is just taking the disgusting trend toward ingame advertisement to a new level. And to see people celebrating it as "haha funny" is just sad. You're being conditioned.

Top Bottom