• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft Sucessfully Tricks Media Outles into Believeing Multiplats are Exclusives

Status
Not open for further replies.

Occam

While in reality only six new games shown during Microsoft's e3 press conference are exclusive to Xbox and Windows 10*, Microsoft's cryptic term "launch exclusive" and a voice over referring to all but multi-platform titles with simultaneous launch dates as "exclusive" has managed to mislead several media outlets and journalists around the world into believing that Microsoft presented dozens of exclusives yesterday.

http://gulfnews.com/business/sector...-one-x-targets-sony-s-playstation-4-1.2042138

http://www.gamestar.de/artikel/play...konsolenversion-von-anderem-team,3315456.html

aDdxW73.png

Kinda Funny Games47 minutes ago
Hey--

Greg here. Steve Gaynor on Twitter is telling me that "Xbox One Console Launch Exclusive" DOES mean that it's exclusive to the Xbox One. I have no idea why some games were called "Xbox One Console Exclusive" then. Anyway, I know we debate that at one point, so I wanted to call out that at least one dev is saying that means exclusive. No idea if that means games like The Last Night are truly exclusive to Xbox.

I dunno. Dumb way to describe things if you ask me.

Love you.
Greg

Forza 7
State Of Decay 2
Sea Of thieves
Crackdown 3
Ori 2
Cuphead

Timed exclusive was already confusing for many people but this "Console Launch Exclusive" is so deceiving.

Thats so fucked up because they know they gonna trick people with it.

Raw64life

It's really silly. You will be able to play every single game shown at the Xbox conference without ever needing to buy an Xbox. They should just come up with a different word that means what they're trying to convey, because exclusive is not the right word.

Eh they all do this crap. Sony had a similar 'catchphrase' last year and am sure this one too. It sucks but it's pretty easy to see past and move on to more concerning topics. Like where the fuck was Banjo Greg Mayles?!

I don't get where the trick is.

Console exclusive has always meant a PC port will be available but competing consoles won't get it.

Console LAUNCH exclusive means that it's a timed exclusive with respect to competing consoles.

JaffeLion

Banned
trick? I think its pretty clear: "console launch exclusive" for the launch it will be the only console where you can play this game.

How is this unclear? Can someone explain. I dont get it how this is supposed to be unclear.

Canucked

Of ALL the consoles launching this fall, only XBX is getting them.

That is big. Any other consoles launching this fall are screwed.

I still don't think I get 'console launch exclusive'

If they said 'console exclusive' I would understand what they meant...I think.

Do they want to say 'timed console exclusive' because I think they have used that before and I understood it fine.

DNAbro

I don't get where the trick is.

Console exclusive has always meant a PC port will be available but competing consoles won't get it.

Console LAUNCH exclusive means that it's a timed exclusive with respect to competing consoles.

Yeah, this shouldn't be confusing for anyone in the industry

exclusive console launch means exactly what it says which is its launching exclusively on the console. Sony and Microsoft have been using that terms since E3 2014 or something like that.

Theorry

Love how always the media outlets who job it is to cover news gets confused. When the idea is arround for a while now already.

13ruce

Banned
So those 42 "exclusive" games were a ruse!?
They literally said live 42 exclusive games coming to xbox x lol.

I think deceiving part was yelling EXCLUSIVE!!! before each video even though it was only timed exclusive. :) But in general I think it was clear what they meant by "Launch"

Kikorin

This worked for them, obviously "hardcore" gamers know that are not esclusives, but MS yesterday was speaking to a much bigger audience.

It works on people. Maybe not people who go to GAF, but I know I got a text from my buddy yesterday saying he was jealous that Anthem was only going to be on Xbox. They didn't even tout that as an exclusive, just cus it was on their conference and they gave it so much time he thought it was an Xbox sclusie.

trick? I think its pretty clear: "console launch exclusive" for the launch it will be the only console where you can play this game.

How is this unclear? Can someone explain. I dont get it how this is supposed to be unclear.

Agreed. MS signed an exclusive timed window for consoles. How is that confusing?

It's word salad.

There's an easy way to do this.

"Launching first on Xbox"

But that would be too easy to understand.

kaioshade

The need to shit on Microsoft, when Sony has pulled the exact same "console exclusive" nonsense.

Gator86

Timed exclusive was already confusing for many people but this "Console Launch Exclusive" is so deceiving.

Thats so fucked up because they know they gonna trick people with it.

Marketing dudes are enthusiastically high-fiving each other so hard right now it's probably going to lead to missed work days for physical therapy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom