• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony: We Held PS4 Exclusives Back from E3 2017

Allonym

There should be more tampons in gaming
I honestly can't wait for PSX.

Right...yeah...

The Last of Us 2, Death Stranding, Sucker Punch's new IP, From Software's new IPs and Armored Core. We definitively know that they have stuff they haven't ever shown gameplay for. They're also partnering and helping to bring Lost Soul Aside to PS4 as well. We know the games are coming, they just chose E3 to show off things that were more..."tangible".

daveo42

Banned
Sony has already decided to release their exclusives during their own conference in December instead of at any of the current trade shows.

Fbh

Not that it excuses the poor showing they had but, yeah it makes sense to not show everything in one event

Ricky_R

Not really surprising. They still couldn't have held back many games though, and it's understandable. They have quite a few known projects underway already.

Quonny

I mean, obviously.

They have their own show where they can distribute the information literally any way they please.

I can believe that. If decisions get made last minute I can see them pulling back few things because they didn't have to hit that hard this year... But they did end up giving this E3 to Nintendo.

I mean, yeah. They revealed probably the generation's biggest title at PSX last year and completely ignored it at E3. I don't think the E3 press conference is as important as people make it out to be.

MattAces

It's very strategically planned. Put a huge VR segment in E3 to get more exposure, showing that Sony is supporting it, attracting more people to buy it.

Reserves "BIG BIG BIG" announcement for smaller events or their own events, since they will be the only conference at that time to get all the media coverage.

Guymelef

It's a think when they have presence on TGS and PSX.

I wonder if they'll have conferences at Gamescom and/or Paris Games Week because Gamescom is near TGS and PGW near PSX.

Hopefully these are games releasing this year. One thing that was disappointing was 90% of the games that were shown came with a 2018 release date.

Well....yea. They support 3-4 press events per year and we know other devs are up to stuff. I'd say most new games they haven't shown would be probably 2019 games

Just like Nintendo held things back as well (i.e. Retro)

DrakeDeception

Neo Member
I said this in the other thread complaining about Sony's E3 conference but depending on what they show this year at PSX. Sony might be prioritizing PSX over E3. Especially with announcing TLOU2 with a trailer at PSX last year. When I felt that could've been a big E3 trailer announcement this year.

Disappointed as some people may be, Sony definitely blew too much of their load last year. Majority of those games aren't out yet and their lineup is still, for my money, the best out of the conferences this year. Purely, subjective, I know but if I was them I wouldn't have announced Spider-Man last year and led with an announcement and that demo this year.

Oh well, I'm sure they still have lots to show though.

bman94

But why? Sony E3 was lack luster cause of the lack of new announcements. Most of their big games at the show (God of War, Detroit, Uncharted, Spider-Man) were already announced and known.

Top Bottom