• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon 2 runs at 60fps, 1080p

WonderzL

Banned
Just confirmed at the Treehouse Live @ E3.

Edit: devs were there, not just Treehouse staff.

Edit 2: added video with the exact timestamp.

Edit 3:
Except Nogami didn't just say "you did your research." He literally repeated those exact numbers 60 frames per second, 1080p, in native Japanese: rokujyu, Sen-hachijyu-P.

Eddie Garcia, Nintendo's PR:
Q: "It was brought up at one of today's Treehouse events that Splatoon 2 would run at 1080p, and I hadn't seen that confirmed elsehere. A Treehouse rep mentioned the resolution, and Hisashi Nogami affirmed shortly after. Display resolution isn't mentioned in the provided Fact Sheet. The recent beta had recently run at a lower resolution. Is there an official stated game resolution for Splatoon 2?"

A: "If Mr. Nogami stated such, then it's true."

Perfect. I wasn't confident we'd even get a boost to 900p, so this is great news.

Hopefully every game in this situation ends up like this.

Minecraft should be 1080p in docked mode and Rocket League should at least be 900p.

Felensis

Banned
Flawless victory. Also Salmon Run is absolutely rad on higher difficulty levels. Looking forward to get destroyed by those salmonid waves :D

I guess my theory was correct.
Nintendo likely develops the game for the portable mode and then optimizes for docked so some games will be 720p if they're farther off if performance is important

So happy

tumblr_inline_n9yv0k2So91qe3xk8.gif

Zedark

That's great, the testfire still ran at 720p, while handheld was down to 500-something p. Some great polish at play here!

Docked and undocked?

Probably only docked, Switch screen is 720p, so it makes little sense to prioritise 1080p native rendering over 720p + visual effects.

Vinc

Anyone pixel count Odyssey too? It looked much cleaner to me in the new trailer than it did in the original one.

I'm very happy to see all these native 1080 Switch games. The console really does manage to impress me, which is nice.

Anyone pixel count Odyssey too? It looked much cleaner to me in the new trailer than it did in the original one.

I'm very happy to see all these native 1080 Switch games. The console really does manage to impress me, which is nice.
Even if Odyssey is 900p or sub 1080p right now, that doesn't mean it can't get a boost by launch. It's pretty typical of Nintendo

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
I was going to make a snarky post about Nintendo managing 1080p/60fps on hardware that's magnitudes weaker than the Xbox One or Playstation 4 but I thought better of it.

Top Bottom