• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mighty No. 9 news FINALLY - Portable versions and physical rewards still coming

It's been a long time since our last update. This is due to some internal adjustment we had in comcept for the past few months, but now everything is back on track! We are very sorry for the long radio silence. Here is what is going with Mighty No. 9:

1. Hand Held versions They are not being cancelled, we are still in the process of porting. The porting had to be put on hold for a while due to the other versions being delayed and the recent adjustment we had in comcept. However, everything is back on track now. The developer restarted the porting process in early May, and we estimate to release them within 2017 (it could be earlier, but it's hard to estimate a more precise date at this point). We will update on this when we have more information.

2. Rest of the physical rewards They have been manufactured (most of them), and are getting ready to be shipped out in a couple of weeks. We estimate to ship everything out (with some reaching the backers) by mid-August 2017. Again, we are very sorry for the delay. Fangamer will be sending out emails to everyone (who is waiting for rewards) to confirm the physical address before the shipping. We will update when the email is out, and if you by some reason DID NOT get the email, please contact Fangamer at orders@fangamer.com so they can verify the information.

3. The ”New Company" This is probably the biggest piece of news. As many of you may have heard, Akihiro Hino (LEVEL-5 CEO), and Keiji Inafune (comcept CEO) will be co-founding a new company ”LEVEL5 comcept". What does this mean, you ask? It means that Akihiro Hino, and Keiji Inafune will be teaming up to make new games!!! This does not affect Mighty No. 9 in any way, but who knows, maybe in the future Beck, and your favorite LEVEL-5 characters may be tagging along in new adventures? The possibilities are limitless here.

That is all for this update. Hope we answered some of your questions/concerns with this update. We will try, and bring you the next update much sooner next time!

Mighty No. 9 team

I'll believe it when I see it.

SheHateMe

As a backer, until I got this email 4 minutes ago, I forgot all about the Vita port and my physical items and don't really care if I get them or not.

The update is better than nothing.

Oersted

Is internal adjustment another way of saying "You have 10 minutes Inafune. Run."?

Edit:

Should have read till the end

The “New Company” This is probably the biggest piece of news. As many of you may have heard, Akihiro Hino (LEVEL-5 CEO), and Keiji Inafune (comcept CEO) will be co-founding a new company “LEVEL5 comcept”. What does this mean, you ask? It means that Akihiro Hino, and Keiji Inafune will be teaming up to make new games!!!

Now I'm laughing too

duckroll

Clicked on thread, laughed my ass off, stopped laughing just long enough to update the thread title to something more informative, now back to laughing.

nynt9

Imagine MN9 on 3DS...don't think 3DS ever got UE3

Level 5 purchased them

Yeah, I also thought that L5 purchased them, but the PR here makes it sound like they co-founded a venture? Is this damage control or is there more to it?

Also how did Inafune convince L5 to invest in his garbage? What happened to the Chinese scam console company who invested in Red Ash?

My face when opening email...

3eL8461.png

:|

mhayes86

Hah, I just read it from my inbox and I couldn't help but wonder what the heck they had to say. It's good to see an update about physical rewards, if anyone still cares.

What I'm curious about is the statement that the developer restarted work on the handheld ports. I haven't been following updates that closely, so what's the deal with that?

Yeah, I also thought that L5 purchased them, but the PR here makes it sound like they co-founded a venture? Is this damage control or is there more to it?

Also how did Inafune convince L5 to invest in his garbage? What happened to the Chinese scam console company who invested in Red Ash?
I think it's Comcept being renamed to include Level 5 branding.

Don't know about Red Ash. The anime is progressing and looks good.

chrono01

Supposedly the 3DS version is being built from the ground up on a custom engine. Or at least that was the plan during the kickstarter, I don't know if that's actually still the case.
I'd laugh if the 3DS version ends up looking/playing the best out of all of the versions.

Wereroku

+1

Here's hoping...
It's just so bizarre. It's not a money issue because even fangamer said they had been paid. It's like the company just had to shut down for 6 months. I wonder what the reorg they talked about entailed. Anyway glad to get my sketch at least and if this pulls through I will have yet to be burnt buy a Kickstarter.

chrono01

It's just so bizarre. It's not a money issue because even fangamer said they had been paid. It's like the company just had to shut down for 6 months. I wonder what the reorg they talked about entailed. Anyway glad to get my sketch at least and if this pulls through I will have yet to be burnt buy a Kickstarter.
Yeah, the sketch kind of worries me as it's (apparently) supposed to shop from Japan, but maybe Comcept sent them to Fangamer to include them in the shipments with the rest of the goodies. Not entirely sure.

It'll definitely be nice to (finally) be able to put this whole thing behind me. Best of luck to both yourself and I, as well as the rest of the backers who supported this thing.

I liked Mighty No. 9, but I can't really back them up here. Business-side of the Kickstarter was such a mess. I'm glad everything got sorted out eventually, though. Some parts of the email also make me hopeful for a second game. Seeing some scenes recreated in Gunvolt Burst honestly made me smile.

Wereroku

Yeah, the sketch kind of worries me as it's (apparently) supposed to shop from Japan, but maybe Comcept sent them to Fangamer to include them in the shipments with the rest of the goodies. Not entirely sure.

It'll definitely be nice to (finally) be able to put this whole thing behind me. Best of luck to both yourself and I, as well as the rest of the backers who supported this thing.
I'm guessing fangamer is handling everything and probably got the sketches in a shipment. The whole project was just kind of sad. It's not a terrible game but it's not great either just kind of bland. I'm glad that bloodstained is looking positive and not a whirlwind of incompetence that this one ended up being.

I backed, but never downloaded this. Looked terrible.

Honestly it's not terrible but it's not great either. They had enough talent but it just didn't come together.

RK128

So Level 5 buying Comcept is leading to 3DS & Vita versions of MN9 to finally happen? Um...okay :l.

Maybe it will be better? I got the game as a gift via twitter and...find it just decent. Level design is very iffy and the dash just doesn't work with levels sometimes. Hopefully the portable versions are good.

Takao

Banned
Hah, I just read it from my inbox and I couldn't help but wonder what the heck they had to say. It's good to see an update about physical rewards, if anyone still cares.

What I'm curious about is the statement that the developer restarted work on the handheld ports. I haven't been following updates that closely, so what's the deal with that?

Originally, Comcept and co. announced Abstraction Games would develop the Vita and 3DS ports. Sometime between 2014 and 2015, development was quietly shifted to Engine Software, with Abstraction later saying "we were involved very late in the project and decided to bail out due to the risk involved :/" Comcept never made an announcement about this changeover. People only became aware of it because the new dev was mentioned offhandedly in an interview. When fans asked Engine Software about ig, they used to say it was still in development but couldn't say more because of an NDA. Earlier this year that changed to an "ask Comcept." Until now, Comcept's been silent since the game's launch on console last year.

Boogiepop

Just got this too, which largely just served to remind me that they never answered back my many requests to get, you know, a code for one of the at least kind of playable versions instead of the extra busted mess they delivered on WiiU. God was backing this ever a poor use of money.

Top Bottom