• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2's PS4 Exclusive Content will Arrive on PC and Xbox One in 2018

Well there it is lol.

What a rollercoaster this has been!

giphy.gif

pastrami

It would have made no sense for Sony to lock up exclusive content and not call it exclusive content.

Edit: Can you imagine Microsoft saying that Forza 7 will be Xbox One/PC exclusive for at least 1 year?

This is better than permanent but if it's 12 months again that is still shitty.

30 days CoD exclusivity took the piss. I don't want the industry to normalise 12 months.

ZeoVGM

Banned
This is good to hear.

(But didn't they also say this with TTK and that stuff never ended up going to Xbox?)

Was it ever in doubt?

E3 has people whipped up into a frothy hot rage over every mistranslation, assumption, awkwardly phrased PR quote and more. So yeah, some people probably thought that Bungie was lying on all their official marketing materials.

MrS

Banned
E3 has people whipped up into a frothy hot rage over every mistranslation, assumption, awkwardly phrased PR quote and more. So yeah, some people probably thought that Bungie was lying on all their official marketing materials.
Everybody is so quick to slam Bungie, Activision and Sony. No idea why.

Good guy Sony.
The lord giveth and the lord taketh away.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
Of course it will.

Yeah, not surprised at all.

Your reply from the other thread:
99% of the time I agree with you, and I've been pro kb/m for so many years. But with Destiny, I have to admit, the controls were near perfect and I never felt that the controller held me back in any way.

Now that you mention it, I was still getting headshots most of the time on PS4 and I didn't really have a problem with the controller. The only thing about PC I'm not sure about is leaving the PS4 GAF community.

Fredrik

Payback for Rise of the Tomb Raider?
It obviously sucks but it's a clever strategic move by Sony, they can't win with performance anymore so they win by locking up content instead. Could be worse, the whole game could be exclusive a year and not just some extra content.

Zedox

This is better than permanent but if it's 12 months again that is still shitty.

30 days CoD exclusivity took the piss. I don't want the industry to normalise 12 months.

That's my issue with it. I understand marketing deals and whatnot. That's fine by me. But exclusive content like that from 3rd party games is shitty. Only thing that's acceptable in my mind was Soul Calibur 2 with the big three getting cool characters (SPAWN AND LINK BITCHES)

Fredrik said:
It obviously sucks but it's a clever strategic move by Sony, they can't win with performance anymore so they win by locking up content instead. Could be worse, the whole game could be exclusive a year and not just some extra content.

Eh, I don't know...this is third time this has happened with the timed ish. Tomb Raider was 1 game. I think when MS did do exclusive stuff with the Division, it was 30 days. I still don't like it either way.

ISee

Pro and PC owner here. Even if it never arrives; an extra strike isn't wort sacraficing 60fps and shorter loading times (they were awful in D1). PC version it is for me.

Sony has been doing this strategy since the PS4 launched when they were the leader in console performance.

And if I'm not mistaken didn't MS start this trend last generation? CoD used to have MS exclusivity and now it has flipped to Sony.

Can't wait for the inevitable thread from Xbox people saying the exclusive content is shit and irrelevant.

We'll be full circle then.

pastrami

I'm not sure if you meant to imply that this is a response to Xbox One X, but this is the same type of deal they had for Destiny 1.

Bold One

Darn it,

I was enjoying the meltdown.

Hoping to get in at least 5 more Destiny threads before sunset...

Never change, Gaming side

mhayze

I played through all the Destiny 1 content on PS4 (I also have an XBO & PC) but I would have picked that platform regardless of the content announcement at launch just because it was the best hardware to play on at the time and my primary platform.

Even so, I was upset at Bungie for fucking over large portions of their community to get a little more money. Think about it - that's what it boils down to. Never mind Sony, never mind Activision, if you think Bungie didn't agree to it, then you're being naive. I even thought they might be in financial need at launch due to having gone so long without income, but over time that makes less and less sense.

Timed exclusivity in Destiny is insidious because items are good in the game only for a while. For example, Hawkmoon was so very satisfying in PVP in Destiny 1 - for a time. Then it was nerfed (now it's almost back, but not quite), so even if you experience it later, it's a) old and b) less viable as a usable weapon.

So even if this content eventually turns up in the other versions, they may as well not exist, as far as I'm concerned. It's like posting a "Can I has a cheezburger" gif in a thread called "Discuss the latest memes".

Bah. Bungie, you disappoint me. I almost chalk it up to some kind of grudge against Microsoft since they choose to do it a second time, after they are rolling in the dough.

Top Bottom