• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Rumour] MS France: 36.2 Millions of Xbox One sold worldwide

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lichter

EDIT: it just seems to be numbers from the wikipedia page of Xbox One ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Source: Wikipedia France?

https://fr.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xbox_One

According to Wikipedia France:

WW: 36.2 millions
US: 18,40 millions
EU: 11.0 millions
UK: 4.20 millions
France: 1.502.324
Germany: 1.127.121
Japan: 150.857

|o|

An infographic image leaked from their "House of Fans" program (I don't know if that program exists in other countries), just before the E3 press conference, named "15 years of gaming with Xbox".

I couldn't figure if it comes from Microsoft itself or if it's just speculation from a member of that community.

Call of Duty Black Ops 3 is the best selling game with 11.39 millions of copies sold.

CfoZoKo.jpg

Source: https://xbox-anywhere.com/2017/06/17/la-marque-xbox-se-porte-bien-la-preuve-en-images/

Tratorn

Huh, that would be quite a bit better than estimated. Normally it was expected to be at max. 30m.
Even if it is heavily overshipped, it should still be at least at 32m+ sold-through if those sales are true.

If true, that's better than the 360 in the same time period, or at least very close.
Aren't both consoles doing better at this point in their generation than the 360/ps3 were doing at the same point in their respective generations?

Obviously the ps4 won't be overtaken, but the Xbone is certainly doing well enough for Microsoft.

PantsuJo

I never expected this numbers.

If they are true, there is no way Switch can surpass XOne in terms of sale... At least in 2/3 years.

I expected a bigger gap with PS4 honestly.

The other image is even more interesting.

a01.jpg

The cloud and Office being the top revenue drivers is not surprising. O365 is being used by more businesses, if only because they are being pushed toward that environment. I know we have been on O365 for about three years now and it has been interesting. MS has been making a big push into Oracle's territory with aggressive pricing compared to they offer.

N7.Angel

I can believe shipped numbers, those are pretty decent numbers too, especially for consoles that don't have any exclusives, Xbox members loyalty is really awesome.

Canklestank

Neo Member
Seems quite a bit higher than a lot of gaf estimates, but still plausible.

I'd be interested in seeing an updated chart to see how this lines up. We roughly know NA numbers, so is the rest of the world buying more than we thought?

bede-x

Didn't Sony say they were ahead 2-1 in the US and at least 3-1 in Europe? If that was true where would Microsoft be making up the numbers?

LordRaptor

The only way I could give credence to these numbers would be if MS was only doing 'okay' in the US / North AMerica, but had a really strong presence in other territories like Europe and Japan.

Xbox does not have a really strong presence in Europe and Japan.

Didn't Sony say they were ahead 2-1 in the US and at least 3-1 in Europe? If that was true where would Microsoft be making up the numbers?

The numbers are almost certainly wrong as sold-through. These numbers are way past even high-end estimates.

XB1 sales have been slowing down this year, not picking up.

Edit: Also, 2:1 is WW, not U.S.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom