• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT7| Please wait for Tien to be cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
11 in the dub, 9 in the manga/subs

4 1/2 when kidnapped by Raditz and then Piccolo.

5 1/2 when Saiyans arrive and departure to Namek.

6 when Freeza arrives on Earth and Trunks arrives.

9 when Androids appear.

10 after year in ROSAT.

The original dub bumped him in age by about a year.

9 when Androids appear.

10 after year in ROSAT.

ah yeah, i see, i wasn't accounting for rosat

9 when Androids appear.

10 after year in ROSAT.

Nope. It takes 2 years for Freeza to go to Earth.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Nope. It takes 2 years for Freeza to go to Earth.

Correct as I forgot the time it took for the Namek Dragonbals to be used. 130 days pass before Krillin could be wished back (Krillin for his remains to be wished to Earth and then the other for his resurrection) and then Yamcha. Took another 130 days for the Namek Dragonballs to be able to be used for Tenshinan and Chaozu and then the Namekians wished to be transported to a new planet. Another year would pass before Freeza arrived.

So Gohan is/was indeed 11.

The villain or antagonist successfully teleporting/maneuvering behind the hero with ease is such a traditional anime thing, but I still like it.

DDIMlm_DVo_AA1_Sgh.jpg

Source.

NeonZ

The main issue is that it's stated he's just 16 years old in the Buu Saga, which starts 7 years after Cell. You can remove his year in the RoSaT at least, since it wasn't a full year, and he only had a birthday in the anime, but there's still one odd year there.

Kevinroc

The main issue is that it's stated he's just 16 years old in the Buu Saga, which starts 7 years after Cell. You can remove his year in the RoSaT at least, since it wasn't a full year, and he only had a birthday in the anime, but there's still one odd year there.

Toriyama sucks at math. We've seen this time and again in Dragonball.

(IIRC, Goku and Bulma were the same age in the Red Ribbon Army story as they were in the original Pilaf arc. Even though a year should have gone by for the Dragonballs to be active again.)

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
That was nice, seems the GoD's had no problem destroying super katchin easily.

Seems like everything is going down right away next ep; wonder how many months these "48 minutes" are gonna last.

Big One

Banned
This tournament is going to be weird as fuck and amazing at the same time. So many variable factors and strange characters involved here.

Karsha

I thought they couldn;t fly outside the ring, as in once they are out they cant fly back in. It seems that its not the case though, the flight is forbidden in the ring too

Toad.T

Banned
I don't know which I want more as a new avatar:

Biker Pumbaa of Universe 6
or
The Dr. Tennma stand-in of the machine universe.

Chase17

Some good vegeta lines this episode. I'm 50/50 if the no teamwork thing will mess him up or not. I thought he was in after Piccolo brought up the family but then he went right back lol.

Frieza/frost is not doing anything for me. I'll just wait for frieza to betray frost.

Designs are a mixed bag but there are some good ones in there.

Champa trolling out of nowhere was funny.

I think I would have preferred starting up the kids vs poachers thing instead of the prematch god fight, but it was fine.

Frost doesn't rule by power like Freiza does. He ruled by scheming his way around the system.

Looks like he's lying to Freiza in order to scheme him too.

Big One

Banned
Impressions of the teams...

Universe 2 -

My favorite team. So much versatility and fucking MUFASA ON ROIDS. HARPIE LADY FROM YGO! GENERAL RILLDO IS BACK BABY! Kidding aside I really like this team.

Universe 3 -

Probably the most creative of the bunch but also some cool homages. Dr. Tenma, Casshern, etc. The little dude also looks a bit like Baby as well.

Universe 4 -

Some neat designs here-and-there. Not bad, but kind of bland. The little guy is awesome though.

Universe 9 -

This is actually one of my favorites out of the bunch, it's too bad they're probably going to be fodder. This looks like some Yu Yu Hakusho/Hunter x Hunter type shit. Awesome stuff.

Universe 10 -

Eh whatever. I like the dude with the butthole mouth.

Universe 11, 7, and 6 look like jobber teams!

please keep Hit way from Jiren, my heart won't be able to take the jobbing, Jiren aka The Man of Steel too strong.

looks like some people were wrong about the fighters being able to fly unless they went out of bounds, can't fly period

and I saw you Vegeta with that jealousy over Hit

Reszo

Wait, so apparently the Yardratian
is from Universe 2, not 6? I was gonna say that's weird... then I remembered that they know Instant Transmission so they could moved between universes if they ever met anyone from another universe.

What if Universe 2 just has Yardratians too?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom