• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I was sold a multipack can separately.

So I ordered a very nice takeaway dinner today but due to the fact that they won't deliver unless the order is over £10 I ordered myself a cool can of coca cola. I noticed, however, that it said on the can that it is a multipack can and it is not to be sold separately. So this got me wondering are few things.

Does this count as me being sold a multipack can separately?
What options do I have going forward if I were to report this?
What would be the result if I did report the restaurant?
Why is this a rule in the first place?

So yeah, I'd appreciate if anyone with experience/knowledge in this kind of situation could just inform me on those few things. Thanks.

(Edit)
Perhaps a bit of a misunderstanding here. It wasn't my intention to report them I just saw the label declaring it a multipack can and it got me wondering those questions. I'm a fan of the restaurant so I wouldn't want to see them get into trouble.

TCRS

Banned
how the fuck is that even enforcable. what makes the manufacturer think they havw the right to say you can't sell it separately.

noquarter

Wow, I guess you should get the Cola Police on this. Maybe they will stop delivering cola to any stores near by to teach the restaurant a lesson.

Why do you care?

It's not like they profiteering lots off a small company. Coke is one of the biggest companies in the world. Some people need to get their priorities sorted.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Yes. Yes. Make them rue the day they sold you that can of Coke.

slit

Some people must really have too much time on their hands. Why would you put even one iota of thought into that?

NateDrake

All that means is: A multipack may cost $6 for six cans. They label them not for individual sale so a store doesn't sell a can for $3.

louiedog

Why is everyone so hostile? This just sounds like OP is wondering what the deal is with this and isn't looking for advice on how to report. Chill out.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
The OP when he saw that soda can:

1381653179543553063.gif

Does this count as me being sold a multipack can separately?
What options do I have going forward if I were to report this?
What would be the result if I did report the restaurant?
Why is this a rule in the first place?

1. Yes
  2. The US has the Bureau of Protecting Giant Corporations Best Interests or BPGCB for short. Not sure on the British version
  3. Life in Prison for the management at the bare minimum
  4. Large corporations want to get consumers (businesses in this case) that are willing to buy at X price in bulk as well as the end consumers willing to buy at 1.25 * X individually. By using scare tactics and more importantly special labeling they can better control the market for their products at the cost of small businesses [Multi pack cans often don't have barcodes and can't be sold separately effectively at most grocery stores for instance]

It's a "rule" so that Coca-Cola and Pepsi can try to pinch chains for the right to carry their products, which is coincidentally why you tend to find one or the other in chains, rather than both.

To be honest, I doubt if they tried to apply it to a non-chain restaurant if it would even be upheld, and I doubt even more they would try to enforce it in such a case to begin with for fear of losing the precedent to do it to large chains.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Why is everyone so hostile? This just sounds like OP is wondering what the deal is with this and isn't looking for advice on how to report. Chill out.
That's just not how GAF works.

Syder

You wouldn't download a car.

You wouldn't sell a multipack can seperately.

Small businesses do this all the time, who gives a fuck? Any reporting you do would just be screwing over a struggling business most likely.

Perhaps a bit of a misunderstanding here. It wasn't my intention to report them I just saw the label declaring it a multipack can and it got me wondering those questions. I'm a fan of the restaurant so I wouldn't want to see them get into trouble.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
Yes, please care about the poor corporation instead of the local small business that support your local economy.

You are scary OP, not in a good way.

Edit: oh just saw your post, never mind then since you were just curious.

GAF going nuts over what I'm assuming is just someone being curious about something lol.

I don't have the answers to your questions unfortunately but I'm curious about it as well.

Top Bottom