• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Games of the Seventh Generation Awards

AniHawk

NeoGAF Games of the First Three Generation Awards
NeoGAF Games of the Fourth Generation Awards
NeoGAF Games of the Fifth Generation Awards
NeoGAF Games of the Sixth Generation Awards

CVKVpmS.png

IG4WoDt.png

1. Super Mario Galaxy (Wii)
Super Mario Galaxy is the best game of this generation, and it's not hard to see why. No other game left me more impressed and astonished by its experience, nor did I have more sheer fun playing anything else. But what exactly makes it so special? Between the time when Mario's early foray into 3D was a new open-ended take on the platforming genre, and the more recent approach which has blended classic 2D Mario gameplay into 3D environments, there was a period of intense experimentation with the series and its genre, and the fruits of this became Super Mario Galaxy. It's still Mario, but this time it came out of the design mindset that "nothing is too crazy or out of place", and the outcome is an experience that is consistently awe-inspiring and mind-blowing.
A true masterpiece. The type of game that only comes around once or twice in a generation. Honestly, I don't have much to say about Galaxy. It speaks for itself; virtually every level is crafted with extreme care, it's one of the best-looking Wii games despite releasing so early in its lifespan, and the music is simply superb. I loved every second I spent playing this game... almost... fuck those purple coins though seriously.
I don't know if I can disconnect this game from what it meant to me when it came out. It brought me through a rough time and really made me fall in love with gaming. I have been chasing the feelings this game gave me ever since it came out.
My favorite game. Grand and magical.

yqTLHp2.png

2. The Last of Us (PlayStation 3)
A truly emotional, affecting story combined with excellent stealth and third-person shooting design. A true classic.
t's the first game that I really care about the character, who looks like real people, who I smiled together, who I suffered together, who I hated together, The Last of Us changed the way I viewed the games, I changed as a gamer and person, not only my favorite game of the generation but also of all time.It is the kind of game that only appears once every decade.
It raised every bar with its visuals, atmosphere, and story telling. It was also the first game that I every played where the violence and brutality actually serviced the desperation of the story instead of just feeling gratuitous.

KAi4vbG.png

3. Dark Souls (PlayStation 3, Xbox 360)
The buyers remorse was heavy, for hours I'd been confused, killed, lost in a ghostly underground ruin, killed, battling skeletal terrors, killed, it was enough to turn a man hollow. Then I finally noticed the stairs leading to the Undead Burgh and the light of Lordran finally managed to sneak through the clouds, until an explosive smashed over my head, killed, well at least it was the right direction.

Dark Souls may not have been the first of From Software's soul based ascension through the generation but it was the one that broke the glass ceiling. The brooding atmosphere, sprawling world structure, tense combat, it gradually pulled together to create a truly engrossing experience that took the gaming world by storm. Honestly this here is the title is closest to recapturing the unique zeitgesit feeling I had with Ocarina of Time, it's impact was a more subtle one but its ripples are still felt.
A lot can be said about the way Dark Souls (or the Giant Crow rather) throws the player into its world. There is no explicit signposting or handholding to speak of, yet the game manages to impeccably convey how to proceed, whether it be through its architecture, or through brief NPC interactions. With Dark Souls, FROM has crafted the most well-realized world I've seen in the medium since Deus Ex and Morrowind. And within this world you must overcome challenging obstacles by demonstrating patience and applying your knowledge of the environment. And for a game so harrowing and difficult, it's my video game comfort food. I'm always tempted to go back with a new build, and spend another dozen hours in its world, with this being a testament to its design. It's a testament to its characters, which don't say much, or its locations, which don't show much. Yet what you find, through item descriptions or dialogue, are sufficient at alluding to this world's extensive lore. Dark Souls is a very ambient, understated game that knows when to build up to its more epic, climactic moments, such as setting foot in Anor Londo for the first time, with its gold tinted glow and gargantuan structures which make you look like tiny in comparison, giving off a feeling of unease or that you're not supposed to be there. And even after dissecting everything the game has to offer, there's still mystery in the world, and even after mastering the game's mechanics and systems, you still feel like a mere observer of something bigger. It's that feeling of the unknown that makes Dark Souls so special.
Absolute exceptional game, an RPG with good combat, a beautifully crafted world and a lore that makes fans go crazy.

nT3HuGb.png

4. Super Mario Galaxy 2 (Wii)
This game is about as perfect as a platformer could ever be. Every single level is a winner, with some of the best art and sound design a game could possibly have to complete the package. I don't know if a 3D Mario will ever top this one.
The pinnacle of 3D platforming. The way Mario games introduce gameplay mechanics and build entire levels around them is incredible to me. Everything is so masterfully created and well thought-out. At the same time, it has one of the most memorable soundtracks in all of gaming. While people go back and forth on this, I believe the streamlined structure compared to the first game benefitted the sequel.
Hands down my favourite platformer of all time, Super Mario Galaxy 2 fulfilled the impossible and was actually as wonderful and awe-inspiring as the first entry. This game pulled no punches, and managed to strike a great balance between challenging levels, creative new ideas all while being a joy to play rather than frustrating. The reward for collection 120 stars was absolutely incredible and might be my favorite post-game content of all time. All in all a magnificent game that I think may be rivaled, but never topped by other platformers.

AofRyd4.png

5. Demon's Souls (PlayStation 3)
Demon's Souls is a lot of things to a lot of people. To some it's a conceit of defeat, to others it's a proud threshold crossed, to the creators it's a style of game they cherish finally getting appreciated, and to me it was my eyes opening to a new way to think about how video games are designed. The mechanics at play in the game are nowhere near revolutionary, but they way those mechanics interact with each other and with the player make all the difference in the end. Learning the details of each of the kingdoms you visit through visuals and enemy placement bring a unique twist on storytelling that only the games director could of done, and has continued to do through the subsequent games. There are those who argue that Dark Souls is a better game for various reasons, and I don't dissuade their choice, I just truly feel that Demon's deserves a spot on top a bit more.
This game feels so ancient, mystical and otherworldly. It seems like the designers made it how they wanted to make it and didn't care how it would be received. I absolutely LOVE that. The difficulty level is simply a brushstroke that contributes to the full piece of art. Everything about it is uncompromising and true to a vision.
Everything in this world seems slightly off. The NPCs speak in accents you can't quite place. The songs in the soundtrack are weirdly incomplete, as if the composer forgot to write the parts for a third of the instruments. It all contributes to give the game the feeling of a nightmare. You can't quite keep everything together, and you are probably going insane. Going through levels like 3-1 or 5-2 for the first time will bring you exactly the kind of fear of death your character would feel in those situations. Every boss battle does something interesting with the arena, or brings a new interesting mechanic to the table.

8z1RgP7.png

6. Mass Effect 2 (PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, PC)
Bioware built on the amazing story and characters of ME, with a revamped combat system that just made the game a pleasure to play. The cast was remarkable, and their loyalty missions were outstanding.
Bioware nailed it here. Improved combat and had the best squadmate moments in the series. The whole game was a wild ride that I'll never forget.

ZS2QNpw.png

7. Uncharted 2: Among Thieves (PlayStation 3)
A masterclass in cinematic spectacle. Stunning to look at, expertly paced and peppered with unsurpassed set piece design.
Uncharted 2 has the greatest single player campaign of any Naughty Dog game to date. I must have played through the campaign at least 5 times as I earned the platinum. I even played through it in Spanish once (the voice acting is pretty good). The set pieces in this game remain unrivaled in my opinion and the score is fantastic. The set pieces here never felt forced like they do in some other games (that includes you Uncharted 3). While I was never really able to get into the competitive multiplayer, I did have a blast with the coop mode. Fighting off hordes of enemies with two other people was never not fun. Those 200+ game of the year awards this game received were absolutely well deserved.

ssCNwG9.png

8. Red Dead Redemption (PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, PC)
I wasn't particularly into Westerns at the time and my expectations were pretty much "its a Rockstar game so it has to be at least quite good, right?". I got so damn absorbed into this world more than maybe any other game I can think of. My favourite Rockstar game, my favourite open world and my game of the generation.
the best open world game I've ever played. I think it is because the theme and the world are so much more interesting and fresh to live in. The characters are also very well designed and make me care them so much.

nqIlTqo.png

9. Mass Effect (PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, PC)
While the combat is clunky and hasn't aged well at all, it still introduces us to a new world to explore that I can't help but keeping going back to, with interesting characters that I want to talk to and get to know. It also helps that I like slower-paced games, so the emphasis on conversation compared to its sequels is great for me, as is my love for KotOR, which got me interested in the project when I first heard about it.
The only easy choice for me. The best world building, the best characters, the best story, great voice acting, beautiful graphical homage to 70's sci-fi, and the best score. Easily the best game of the generation, best RPG of the generation, and it is up there in writing with the all time best RPGs like Planescape Torment. Vigil is so damn evocative...

XxUyGWq.png

10. Bayonetta (PlayStation 3, Xbox 360)
Hideki Kamiya has always been one of the better directors in the industry with works like Devil May Cry and Viewtiful Joe, but Bayonetta is his masterpiece. He returns to the genre he helped to create with DMC, and shows everyone it's still his creation. He takes many concepts from it and Viewtiful Joe and made something very special here. The combat is incredibly smooth and fluid, and the genius Dodge Offset system turns every fight into a show once you get used to it. No great action game is complete without strong enemies either, and Bayonetta has plenty of instantly memorable enemies and fights throughout. To top it all off, there's a TON of content to play and unlock after the game. What really cemented the game as a masterpiece to me is when I started the final difficulty, Non-Stop Infinite Climax, and you see the game's most prominent mechanic, Witch Time, is completely absent. You then realize it was nothing more than a set of training wheels for what the game is really all about. Platinum's finest and my favorite game of all time.
My favorite game of all time. A true masterclass in game design. There are very few games that does it all like Bayonetta does. A combat system that is very easy to get into but almost impossible to master. Boss Fights that hit all the right notes in terms of pure challenge and pure epicness. A game that instead of leaving you satisfied after one playthough, it encourages you to keep coming back and rewards you for doing so. A plethora of unlockables that could have been a substantial DLC, but Platinum thought it was fine to just make it all unlockable. A game that just keeps on giving.

bAHYQFB.png

11. Portal 2 (PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, PC)
Gave me everything I loved about the first one and multiplied it by 10. Great puzzles, new mechanics, fantastic humor and writing and fun co-op multiplayer.

mI2AEB3.png

12. Bioshock (PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, PC)
One of gaming's finest in terms of setting and world creation. "Would you kindly?" is still memorable 10 years later.

SgU0dqa.png

13. Xenoblade Chronicles (Wii)
This is an absolutely incredible RPG. The setting of living on the corpses of two battling titans is incredibly unique and filled with awe-inspiring locations to explore. The soundtrack is a classic and the combat system requires a fair amount of strategy with most of the party members having unique and fun playstyles. The story and characters are great, with the main plot constantly escalating and a stellar English localization. Everything about this game is top notch.

nPTllya.png

14. Halo 3 (Xbox 360)
I've said a couple of times that Halo 3 was the last Halo and the last FPS release I needed. It covers all aspects so well that it's almost impossible to find a better game. The story was not perfect, but it was a great conclusion to the trilogy and the whole Halo storyline - everything that has happened in the universe after Halo 3 is irrelevant. The gameplay was and is my favourite of all Halo games. It was simple to learn but hard to master, fast enough, and the balance and design choises were spot on. It's amazing how both the single player and multiplayer can be so engaging and fun no matter what your skill level is. The graphics have aged so well that it's hard to believe it's been a few months short of ten years since the release. The sound design might lack some depth, but the soundtrack refined the Halo formula to perfection.
The amount of content Halo 3 had was unheard of at the time: it had a campaign with amazing gameplay and story, expansive multiplayer with competitive and casual modes and separate matchmaking, map and custom game editors, split-screen and online co-op in all modes, and the Theater to capture and replay all of it. In my opinion no game comes close to what Halo 3 was able to achieve in a single package.

fz0hm9Q.png

15. Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots (PlayStation 3)
A masterpiece in marrying gameplay to storytelling, and one of the greatest games of all time.

ZQ05KQq.png

16. Fallout: New Vegas (PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, PC)
marries the flexible quest design and top-shelf writing of the classic Fallouts with the immersive sim frame of Bethesda's efforts. The result is maybe the best CRPG of the last decade.

LETg9iT.png

17. Portal (PC)
This game is close to perfect. So cleverly written, the sense of adventure and exploration is phenomenal. A game where you don't kill a single enemy, it completely turns the concept of what a video game is on its head. This game is about deciding what you need to do and then figuring out how to do it. And on top of that, it features probably my favorite boss battle in gaming and the best song. What a ride!

HiKOfUl.png

18. Batman: Arkham Asylum (PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, PC)
The best Batman video-game ever. Amazing level design, awesome gadgets, great and fun stealth sections. You are The Batman.

BdJZ45x.png

19. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, PC)
Few games have the kind of success that Skyrim saw. It was an absolute phenomenal success, to the point where it is still being remastered and re-released on just about every system they can get it on. The combination of a detailed open-world and the introduction of Dragons succeeded in drawing people to Tamriel in flocks. Skyrim has a lot of short-comings, and the base game looks and runs pretty poorly, but the raw potential of the game was clear from day one, and no Elder Scrolls game has seen the kind of widespread success that Skyrim has.

jbk8g5C.png

20. Journey (PlayStation 3)
Few games released require you to start and finish them in one sitting and this is one of them. Treat it like you would a film and kick back for this two hour tale and immerse yourself in this amazing world with one of the best soundtracks of the generation.

RZJbPOL.png

21. Grand Theft Auto V (PlayStation 3, Xbox 360)
The astonishing breathing city of Los Santos is the magnum opus of gaming. This game, RDR and TW3 are the only games that every so often make me put the disc on the console just to take a ride and enjoy the vistas and ecosystems. The amazing tech and art direction, the funny dialogues, I mean, few times I've laughed so much in gaming, and the really fun-and-varied missions, probably the best in the history of the saga.

Cifz6wg.png

22. Valkyria Chronicles (PlayStation 3)
A refreshing mesh of genres with a beautiful, inspiring take on war and all it entails. A masterpiece.

hjMANe7.png

23. Fallout 3 (PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, PC)
I lived near DC for a time, so Fallout 3's setting was instantly interesting to me and VATS combat system was really engaging

Ubi7gOd.png

24. 999: Nine Persons, Nine Hours, Nine Doors (Nintendo DS)
A exquisitely characterised narrative masterpiece with shock endings and atmosphere that will keep you awake at night.

xTsZwzh.png

25. The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (Wii)
Ocarina of Time is probably the most praised game of all-time, and for good reason. It's a masterpiece in game design and elevated the medium to places it had never been before. Twilight Princess, for better or worse, feels like an epic, long, unabridged version of Ocarina of Time. That comes with all of the strength people praise OoT for. The dungeon design, bosses, and game balance are all top notch. But in addition to this, it's one of the few linear, narrative-driven games that truly feels like an adventure due to the sheer amount of content here.

AniHawk

Genre Awards

aZVaHg1.png

Action
1. Bayonetta (PlayStation 3, Xbox 360)
2. God of War 3 (PlayStation 3)
3. Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance (PlayStation 3, Xbox 360)
4. Ninja Gaiden II (PlayStation 3, Xbox 360)
5. No More Heroes (PlayStation 3, Wii)

iPQtKV2.png

Action-Adventure
1. Batman: Arkham Asylum (PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, PC)
2. The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (Wii)
3. The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword (Wii)
3. Batman: Arkham City (PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, PC)
5. Metroid Prime 3: Corruption (Wii)

eT2nyfD.png

Adventure
1. 999: Nine Persons, Nine Hours, Nine Doors (Nintendo DS)
2. Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney (Nintendo DS, Wii)
3. Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective (Wii, Mobile)
4. Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney: Trials and Tribulations (Nintendo DS, Wii)
5. Heavy Rain (PlayStation 3)

DUBMcR1.png

Bullet Hell
1. Sin & Punishment: Star Successor (Wii)
2. Mushihimesama Futari (Xbox 360, Arcade, Mobile)
3. Velocity (Xbox 360)
4. Geometry Wars 2 (Xbox 360)
5. Geometry Wars (Xbox 360, PC)

hLaG3F4.png

Compilation
1. The Orange Box (PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, PC)
2. Wii Sports (Wii)
3. Kirby Super Star Ultra (Nintendo DS)
4. Metroid Prime Trilogy (Wii)
5. Wii Sports Resort (Wii)\

2SoHzB2.png

Fighting
1. Street Fighter IV (PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, Arcade)
2. Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Wii)
3. Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown (PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, Arcade)
4. Tekken Tag Tournament 2 (PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, Arcade)
5. Guilty Gear XX Accent Core (PSP, Wii)

Ku2VglF.png

First-Person Shooter
1. Bioshock (PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, PC)
2. Halo 3 (Xbox 360)
3. Team Fortress 2 (PC)
4. Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare (PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, Wii, PC, Nintendo DS)
5. Bioshock Infinite (PlayStation 3, Xbox 360)

zzb0rsz.png

Horror
1. Dead Space (PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, PC)
2. STALKER: Shadow of Chernobyl (PC)
3. Resident Evil 5 (PlayStation 3, Xbox 360)
4. Dead Rising (Xbox 360)
5. Deadly Premonition (PlayStation 3, Xbox 360)

BnqVAoz.png

Party
1. Fortune Street (Wii)
2. Rayman Raving Rabbids (Xbox 360, Wii, PC, Nintendo DSi)
2. Rayman Raving Rabbids 2 (Wii, Nintendo DS)
2. Rayman Raving Rabbids: TV Party (Wii, Nintendo DS)
2. Rabbids Travel Through Time (Wii)
2. Wii Party (Wii)

EhN9kbY.png

Platformer
1. Super Mario Galaxy (Wii)
2. Super Mario Galaxy 2 (Wii)
3. Journey (PlayStation 3)
4. Mirror's Edge (PlayStation 3, Xbox 360)
5. Donkey Kong Country Returns (Wii)

2jdGtCq.png

Puzzle
1. Portal 2 (PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, PC)
2. Portal (PC)
3. Catherine (PlayStation 3, Xbox 360)
4. Lumines (PSP)
5. Professor Layton and the Curious Village (Nintendo DS)

2hBEgm1.png

Racing
1. WipEout HD (PlayStation 3)
2. Burnout Paradise (PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, PC)
3. Mario Kart DS (Nintendo DS)
4. Gran Turismo 5 (PlayStatoin 3)
5. Forza Horizon (Xbox 360)

jl5M4WW.png

Rhythm
1. Rock Band 3 (PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, Wii, Nintendo DS)
2. Elite Beat Agents (Nintendo DS)
3. Rock Band 2 (PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, Wii)
4. Rock Band (PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, Wii)
5. Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan (Nintendo DS)

2OlzH7u.png

RPG
1. Dark Souls (PlayStation 3, Xbox 360)
2. Demon's Souls (PlayStation 3)
3. Mass Effect 2 (PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, PC)
4. Mass Effect (PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, PC)
5. Xenoblade Chronicles (Wii)

3zDEkU5.png

Sandbox
1. Red Dead Redemption (PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, PC)
2. Grand Theft Auto V (PlayStation 3, Xbox 360)
3. Minecraft (PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, PC)
4. Sleeping Dogs (PlayStation 3, Xbox 360)
5. Grand Theft Auto IV (PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, PC)

owcKUhJ.png

Simulation
1. Rune Factory 3: A Fantasy Harvest Moon (Nintendo DS)
2. Animal Crossing: Wild World (Nintendo DS)
3. Trauma Center: Under the Knife (Nintendo DS)
4. Brain Age (Nintendo DS)
5. Viva Piñata (Xbox 360, PC)

VQdkKh3.png

Sports
1. Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds (PlayStation 3)
2. SSX (PlayStation 3, Xbox 360)
3. SKATE (PlayStation 3, Xbox 360)
4. Mario Strikers Charged (Wii)
4. MLB The Show 08 (PlayStation 3, PSP)
4. Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket Powered Battle Cars (PlayStation 3)
4. Rugby League 3 (PlayStation 3, Xbox 360)

2qPgPGM.png

Stealth
1. Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots (PlayStation 3)
2. Dishonored (PlayStation 3, Xbox 360)
3. Mark of the Ninja (PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, PC)
4. Hitman: Blood Money (PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, PC)
5. Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker (PSP)

KsuY4zP.png

Strategy
1. Sid Meier's Civilization V (PC)
2. XCOM: Enemy Unknown (PlayStation 3, Xbox 360)
3. Starcraft II: Wings of Liberty (PC)
4. Advance Wars: Dual Strike (Nintendo DS)
5. Advance Wars: Days of Ruin (Nintendo DS)

pA4HxbW.png

Third-Person Shooter
1. The Last of Us (PlayStation 3)
2. Uncharted 2: Among Thieves (PlayStation 3)
3. Gears of War (Xbox 360, PC)
4. Vanquish (PlayStation 3, Xbox 360)
5. Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception (PlayStation 3)

AniHawk

Platform Awards

ww8yoxb.png

Mult-Platform
1. Dark Souls (PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, PC)
2. Mass Effect 2 (PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, PC)
3. Red Dead Redemption (PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, PC)
5. Bayonetta (Mass Effect 2 (PlayStation 3, Xbox 360)
6. Portal 2 (PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, PC)
7. Bioshock (PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, PC)
8. Fallout: New Vegas (PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, PC)
9. Batman: Arkham Asylum (PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, PC)
10. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, PC)

kc37Apn.png

PC
1. Portal
2. Team Fortress 2
3. Sid Meier's Civilization V
4. STALKER: Shadow of Chernobyl
5. World of Warcraft: Wrath of the LIch King
6. World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade
7. League of Legends
8. Starcraft II: Wings of Liberty
9. VVVVV
10. Ys Origin

xbLKLfk.png

Mobile
1. Groove Coaster

KQCMUFb.png

PlayStation 3
1. The Last of Us
2. Demon's Souls
3. Uncharted 2: Among Thieves
4. Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots
5. Journey
6. Valkyria Chronicles
7. WipEout HD
8. God of War 3
9. LittleBigPlanet
10. inFamous 2

9IJHLvp.png

Xbox 360
1. Halo 3
2. Alan Wake
3. Dead Rising
4. Gears of War 3
5. Lost Odyssey
6. Halo Reach
7. Mark of the Ninja
8. Forza Horizon
9. Gears of War 2
10. Halo 3 ODST

bOH1jPn.png

Wii
1. Super Mario Galaxy
2. Super Mario Galaxy 2
3. Xenoblade Chronicles
4. The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
5. The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
6. Metroid Prime 3: Corruption
7. Donkey Kong Country Returns
8. Super Smash Bros. Brawl
9. Monster Hunter Tri
10. Wii Sports

FXMNYIG.png

Nintendo DS
1. 999: Nine Persons, Nine Hours, Nine Doors
2. The World Ends with You
3. Pokemon SoulSilver/HeartGold
4. Pokemon Diamond/Pearl/Platinum
5. Pokemon Black 2/White 2
6. Dragon Quest V: Hand of the Heavenly Bride
7. Elite Beat Agents
8. Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow
9. Pokemon Black/White
10. Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey

FV6PrR3.png

PSP
1. Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together
2. Persona 3: Portable
3. Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep
4. Lumines
5. Ys Seven
6. Final Fantasy Tactics: War of the Lions
7. Monster Hunter Freedom Unite
8. Ridge Racer
9. Patron
10. Valkyria Chronicles III
10. DJMAX Portable Clazziqual Edition
10. DJMAX Portable 2
10. Locoroco

AniHawk

Bonus Awards

Best Generation Exclusives (Games that have never been ported or remade from or to platforms in any other generation)
1. Demon's Souls\
2. Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots
3. Dead Space
4. Pokemon SoulSilver/HeartGold
5. Stalker: Shadow of Chernobyl
6. Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch
7. Catherine
8. LittleBigPlanet
9. World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King
10. Rock Band 3

Best New IPs (First entry to a new franchise that began in this generation)
1. The Last of Us
2. Dark Souls
3. Demon's Souls
4. Mass Effect
5. Bayonetta
6. Bioshock
7. Xenoblade Chronicles
8. Portal
9. Journey
10. Valkyria Chronicles

Passion Award (Top games ranked by most #1 votes)
1. The Last of Us - 27
2. Super Mario Galaxy - 24
3. Dark Souls - 21
4. Super Mario Galaxy 2 - 21
5. Demon's Souls - 12
6. Mass Effect 2 - 9
7. Mass Effect - 9
8. Red Dead Redemption - 6
9. Bayonetta - 6
10. Xenoblade Chronicles - 6
11. Uncharted 2: Among Thieves - 4
12. Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots - 4
13. Fallout: New Vegas - 4
14. The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess - 4
15. Team Fortress 2 - 4
16. Bioshock - 3
17. Portal - 3
18. Valkyria Chronicles - 3
19. Dragon's Dogma - 3
20. Bioshock Infinite - 3
21. Halo 3 - 2
22. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - 2
23. Journey - 2
24. Mirror's Edge - 2
25. NieR - 2

Most Supportive Fanbase (Games with at least 3 #1s, ordered by percentage of #1 scores out of total score)
1. Super Mario Galaxy 2 (50.30%)
2. The Last of Us (49.09%)
3. Team Fortress 2 (48.48%)
4. The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (40.00%)
5. Dark Souls (38.89%)
6. Bioshock Infinite (37.50%)
7. Super Mario Galaxy (36.92%)
8. Mass Effect (36.73%)
9. Demon's Souls (34.53%)
10. Dragon's Dogma (33.33%)

Lonely Hearts Award (Top-rated games without a #1 vote)
1. Portal 2
2. WipEout HD
3. Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney
4. Dead Space
5. Bioshock Infinite
6. Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective
7. Assassin's Creed II
8. Deus Ex: Human Revolution
9. Pokemon SoulSilver/HeartGold
10. Street Fighter IV

Top Franchises (series with at least two separate games (not including same-gen upgrades/remakes))
1. Super Mario - 438, 28 Honorable Mentions
2. Mass Effect - 242, 29 Honorable Mentions
3. Portal - 152, 34 Honorable Mentions
4. Uncharted - 140, 44 Honorable Mentions
5. Bioshock - 118, 24 Honorable Mentions
6. Fallout - 83, 17 Honorable Mentions
7. Batman: Arkham - 83, 29 Honorable Mentions
8. Halo - 79, 16 Honorable Mentions
9. The Legend of Zelda - 76, 26 Honorable Mentions
10. Pokemon - 70, 19 Honorable Mentions
11. Metal Gear Solid - 68, 16 Honorable Mentions
12. Call of Duty - 65, 28 Honorable Mentions
13. Grand Theft Auto - 61, 19 Honorable Mentions
14. The Elder Scrolls - 60, 22 Honorable Mentions
15. Ace Attorney - 52, 13 Honorable Mentions
16. Valkyria Chronicles - 49, 14 Honorable Mentions
17. Dead Space - 38, 22 Honorable Mentions
18. Gears of War - 38, 16 Honorable Mentions
19. Metroid - 38, 11 Honorable Mentions
20. Rock Band - 37, 4 Honorable Mentions

Top Publishers
1. Nintendo - 890, 230 Honorable Mentions
2. Sony - 751, 214 Honorable Mentions
3. Electronic Arts - 440, 112 Honorable Mentions
4. Take-Two - 341, 84 Honorable Mentions
5. Bandai Namco - 304, 48 Honorable Mentions
6. SEGA - 238, 102 Honorable Mentions
7. Valve - 231, 50 Honorable Mentions
8. Capcom - 210, 92 Honorable Mentions
9. Square Enix - 204, 82 Honorable Mentions
10. Microsoft - 201, 92 Honorable Mentions
11. Bethesda - 182, 46 Honorable Mentions
12. Konami - 111, 44 Honorable Mentions
13. Warner Bros. - 86, 28 Honorable Mentions
14. UbiSoft - 74, 50 Honorable Mentions
15. Atlus - 72, 50 Honorable Mentions
16. Activision Blizzard - 66, 20 Honorable Mentions
17. Chunsoft - 45, 8 Honorable Mentions
18. THQ - 38, 19 Honorable Mentions
19. Falcom - 37, 10 Honorable Mentions
20. Activision - 34, 20 Honorable Mentions

Best Platform (including multiplatform)
1. PlayStation 3 - 3365, 1128 Honorable Mentions
2. Xbox 360 - 2399, 865 Honorable Mentions
3. PC - 1560, 477 Honorable Mentions
4. Wii - 987, 267 Honorable Mentions
5. Nintendo DS - 505, 237 Honorable Mentions
6. PSP - 146, 78 Honorable Mentions
7. Mobile - 85, 57 Honorable Mention
8. Arcade - 50, 30 Honorable Mention

Best Platform (exclusives only)
1. PlayStation 3 - 888, 247 Honorable Mentions
2. Wii - 787, 178 Honorable Mentions
3. Nintendo DS - 346, 177 Honorable Mentions
4. PC - 255, 50 Honorable Mentions
5. Xbox 360 - 188, 85 Honorable Mentions
6. PSP - 53, 44 Honorable Mentions
7. Mobile - 0, 1 Honorable Mention

Games of the Years (First entry to a new franchise that began in this generation)
2004: Lumines
2005: Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney
2006: The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
2007: Super Mario Galaxy
2008: Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots
2009: Demon's Souls
2010: Super Mario Galaxy 2
2011: Dark Souls
2012: Journey
2013: The Last of Us
2014: Dark Souls II
2015: Life is Strange
2016: Persona 5

Years by Points (First entry to a new franchise that began in this generation)
2004 - 8, 9 Honorable Mentions
2005 - 100, 52 Honorable Mentions
2006 - 213, 110 Honorable Mentions
2007 - 935, 231 Honorable Mentions
2008 - 460, 190 Honorable Mentions
2009 - 773, 251 Honorable Mentions
2010 - 1153, 317 Honorable Mentions
2011 - 646, 220 Honorable Mentions
2012 - 227, 117 Honorable Mentions
2013 - 355, 99 Honorable Mentions
2014 - 23, 17 Honorable Mentions
2015 - 2, 2 Honorable Mentions
2016 - 3, 2 Honorable Mentions

AniHawk

Ballots Counted: 252
Games Listed: 627
Points Awarded: 4927
Honorable Mentions: 1617
Points Per List: 19.55 (out of a possible 20)
Honorable Mentions Per List: 6.42

The List
1. Super Mario Galaxy - 260, 9 Honorable Mentions
2. The Last of Us - 220, 15 Honorable Mentions
3. Dark Souls - 216, 7 Honorable Mentions
4. Super Mario Galaxy 2 - 167, 9 Honorable Mentions
5. Demon's Souls - 139, 9 Honorable Mentions
6. Mass Effect 2 - 138, 16 Honorable Mentions
7. Uncharted 2: Among Thieves - 132, 28 Honorable Mentions
8. Red Dead Redemption - 108, 17 Honorable Mentions
9. Mass Effect - 98, 7 Honorable Mentions
10. Bayonetta - 94, 12 Honorable Mentions
11. Portal 2 - 92, 17 Honorable Mentions
12. Bioshock - 86, 17 Honorable Mentions
13. Xenoblade Chronicles - 83, 8 Honorable Mentions
14. Halo 3 - 63, 11 Honorable Mentions
15. Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots - 62, 11 Honorable Mentions
16. Fallout: New Vegas - 61, 12 Honorable Mentions
17. Portal - 60, 17 Honorable Mentions
18. Batman: Arkham Asylum - 55, 18 Honorable Mentions
19. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - 55, 11 Honorable Mentions
20. Journey - 53, 18 Honorable Mentions
21. Grand Theft Auto V - 51, 15 Honorable Mentions
22. Valkyria Chronicles - 48, 12 Honorable Mentions
23. Fallout 3 - 44, 5 Honorable Mentions
24. 999: Nine Persons, Nine Hours, Nine Doors - 43, 8 Honorable Mentions
25. The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess - 40, 10 Honorable Mentions
26. Mirror's Edge - 39, 10 Honorable Mentions
27. NieR - 36, 8 Honorable Mentions
28. Dragon's Dogma (OG 20, 2HM | DA 16 1HM) - 36, 3 Honorable Mentions
29. Wipeout HD (HD – 29, 8 HM, Fury – 6 , 2 HM) - 35, 10 Honorable Mentions
30. The World Ends with You - 35, 6 Honorable Mentions
31. Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney - 34, 7 Honorable Mentions
32. Dead Space - 33, 11 Honorable Mentions
33. The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword - 33, 9 Honorable Mentions
34. Team Fortress 2 - 33, 4 Honorable Mentions
35. Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare - 32, 16 Honorable Mentions
36. Bioshock Infinite - 32, 6 Honorable Mentions
37. Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective - 30, 7 Honorable Mentions
38. Sid Meier's Civilization V - 29, 1 Honorable Mentions
39. Batman: Arkham City - 28, 10 Honorable Mentions
40. Metroid Prime 3: Corruption - 28, 9 Honorable Mentions
41. Assassin's Creed 2 - 28, 9 Honorable Mentions
42. Deus Ex: Human Revolution - 27, 17 Honorable Mentions
43. Pokemon SoulSilver/HeartGold - 27, 5 Honorable Mentions
44. Dragon Age: Origins - 26, 9 Honorable Mentions
45. XCOM: Enemy Unknown - 26, 8 Honorable Mentions
46. Alan Wake - 25, 12 Honorable Mentions
47. Gears of War - 25, 7 Honorable Mentions
48. Street Fighter IV (Ultra – 6 1 HM, Super - 7, 1 HM , Reg – 10, 6 HM) - 23, 8 Honorable Mentions
51. The Orange Box - 23, 3 Honorable Mentions
49. God of War 3 - 22, 19 Honorable Mentions
50. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - 22, 8 Honorable Mentions
52. Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance - 21, 10 Honorable Mentions
53. Donkey Kong Country Returns - 20, 13 Honorable Mentions
54. Super Meat Boy - 20, 5 Honorable Mentions
55. The Witcher 2 - 19, 9 Honorable Mentions
56. Battlefield: Bad Company 2 - 19, 2 Honorable Mentions
57. Stalker: Shadow of Chernobyl - 19, 1 Honorable Mentions
58. Ninja Gaiden 2 (Reg – 17 6 HM, Sigma - 1) - 18, 6 Honorable Mentions
59. Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch - 18, 2 Honorable Mentions
60. Catherine - 17, 21 Honorable Mentions
61. LittleBigPlanet - 17, 5 Honorable Mentions
62. The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky - 17, 4 Honorable Mentions
63. Rock Band 3 - 17, 1 Honorable Mention
63. World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King - 17, 1 Honorable Mention
65. Pokemon Diamond/Pearl/Platinum (DP – 6, 1 HM, Platinum – 10, 5 HM) - 16, 6 Honorable Mentions
66. Minecraft - 16, 4 Honorable Mentions
67. Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney: Trials & Tribulations - 16, 4 Honorable Mentions
68. Vanquish - 15, 15 Honorable Mentions
69. Super Smash Bros. Brawl - 15, 11 Honorable Mentions
70. Dark Souls II - 15, 9 Honorable Mentions
71. Resident Evil 5 - 15, 5 Honorable Mentions
72. Pokemon Black 2/White 2 - 15, 4 Honorable Mentions
72. Dishonored - 15, 4 Honorable Mentions
74. Burnout Paradise - 14, 10 Honorable Mentions
75. Dragon Quest V: Hand of the Heavenly Bride - 14, 3 Honorable Mentions
76. InFamous 2 - 14, 2 Honorable Mentions
77. Braid - 13, 7 Honorable Mentions
77. Heavy Rain - 13, 7 Honorable Mentions
79. Elite Beat Agents - 13, 5 Honorable Mentions
79. No More Heroes - 13, 5 Honorable Mentions
81. Monster Hunter Tri - 13, 1 Honorable Mentions
82. Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow - 12, 11 Honorable Mentions
83. Wii Sports - 12, 10 Honorable Mentions
84. Sin & Punishment: Star Successor - 12, 5 Honorable Mentions
85. Spelunky - 12, 4 Honorable Mentions
85. Pokemon Black/White - 12, 4 Honorable Mentions
87. Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time - 11, 11 Honorable Mentions
88. Tales of Vesperia - 11, 5 Honorable Mentions
88. Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together - 11, 1 Honorable Mention
88. World of Warcraft: Burning Crusade - 11, 1 Honorable Mention
88. Dead Rising - 11, 1 Honorable Mentions
92. Sleeping Dogs - 10, 7 Honorable Mentions
93. Persona 3 Portable - 10, 4 Honorable Mentions
93. Far Cry 3 - 10, 4 Honorable Mentions
95. Crysis - 10, 3 Honorable Mentions
96. Rock Band 2 - 10, 2 Honorable Mentions
97. League of Legends - 10, 1 Honorable Mention
97. Rock Band - 10, 1 Honorable Mention
99. Rayman Origins - 9, 7 Honorable Mentions
100. New Super Mario Bros. Wii - 9, 5 Honorable Mentions
100. Left 4 Dead 2 - 9, 5 Honorable Mentions
102. Sonic Generations - 9, 4 Honorable Mentions
103. Final Fantasy XIII - 9, 3 Honorable Mentions
103. Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown - 9, 3 Honorable Mentions
103. Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn - 9, 3 Honorable Mentions
106. Starcraft II: Wings of Liberty - 9, 1 Honorable Mention
107. Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception - 8, 11 Honorable Mentions
108. The Walking Dead - 8, 10 Honorable Mentions
109. Killzone 2 - 8, 5 Honorable Mentions
109. Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey - 8, 5 Honorable Mentions
109. Warhawk - 8, 5 Honorable Mentions
112. Grand Theft Auto IV - 8, 4 Honorable Mentions
112. VVVVVV - 8, 4 Honorable Mentions
114. Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep - 8, 2 Honorable Mentions
114. Lost Odyssey - 8, 2 Honorable Mentions
114. Max Payne 3 - 8, 2 Honorable Mentions
114. Gears of War 3 - 8, 2 Honorable Mentions
118. Halo: Reach - 8, 1 Honorable Mention
118. Red Faction Guerrilla - 8, 1 Honorable Mention
120. Borderlands 2 - 8
121. Mega Man 9 - 7, 8 Honorable Mentions
122. Mario Kart DS - 7, 6 Honorable Mentions
123. Hotel Dusk: Room 215 - 7, 4 Honorable Mentions
123. Yakuza 4 - 7, 4 Honorable Mentions
125. Guacamelee - 7, 3 Honorable Mentions
125. Deadly Premonition - 7, 3 Honorable Mentions
125. Gran Turismo 5 - 7, 3 Honorable Mentions
125. inFamous - 7, 3 Honorable Mentions
125. Mark of the Ninja - 7, 3 Honorable Mentions
130. Muramasa: The Demon Blade - 7, 2 Honorable Mentions
131. Lumines - 6, 6 Honorable Mentions
132. Fez - 6, 5 Honorable Mentions
132. Mass Effect 3 - 6, 5 Honorable Mentions
134. Just Cause 2 - 6, 4 Honorable Mentions
134. Tekken Tag Tournament 2 - 6, 4 Honorable Mentions
136. Sonic Colors - 6, 3 Honorable Mentions
136. Yakuza 3 - 6, 3 Honorable Mentions
138. Forza Horizon - 6, 2 Honorable Mentions
139. Left 4 Dead - 6, 1 Honorable Mention
139. Mushihimesama Futari (Reg 5, 1.5 – 1 HM) - 6, 1 Honorable Mention
139. Ys Seven - 6, 1 Honorable Mention
142. Fragile Dreams - 6
142. Motorstorm - 6
142. Guilty Gear XX Accent Core (Reg – 3, Plus – 3) - 6
142. Metroid: Other M - 6
142. Terraria - 6
147. The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion - 5, 11 Honorable Mentions
148. Dead Space 2 - 5, 9 Honorable Mentions
149. Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia - 5, 7 Honorable Mentions
149. Gears of War 2 - 5, 7 Honorable Mentions
149. Tomb Raider - 5, 7 Honorable Mentions
152. Alpha Protocol - 5, 5 Honorable Mentions
152. Professor Layton and the Curious Village - 5, 5 Honorable Mentions
154. Call of Duty: Black Ops - 5, 4 Honorable Mentions
154. Meteos - 5, 4 Honorable Mentions
156. Halo 3 ODST - 5, 3 Honorable Mentions
156. Resident Evil 4 Wii Edition - 5, 3 Honorable Mentions
156. Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor - 5, 3 Honorable Mentions
156. Sonic All-Stars Racing Transformed - 5, 3 Honorable Mentions
160. Hitman: Blood Money - 5, 2 Honorable Mentions
160. Ouendan - 5, 2 Honorable Mentions
160. Picross 3D - 5, 2 Honorable Mentions
163. Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime - 5, 1 Honorable Mention
163. Etrian Odyssey III - 5, 1 Honorable Mention
163. Kirby Super Star Ultra - 5, 1 Honorable Mention
163. Resistance: Fall of Man - 5, 1 Honorable Mention
163. Silent Hill: Shattered Memories - 5, 1 Honorable Mention
163. World of Goo - 5, 1 Honorable Mention
163. Ys Origin - 5, 1 Honorable Mention
170. The Beatles Rock Band - 5
170. Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 - 5
170. Earth Defense Force 2017 - 5
170. Mobile Suit Gundam Extreme vs. Full Boost - 5
170. Velocity - 5
175. Devil May Cry 4 - 4, 10 Honorable Mentions
176. Crackdown - 4, 6 Honorable Mentions
177. Kirby Canvas Curse - 4, 5 Honorable Mentions
178. Far Cry 2 - 4, 3 Honorable Mentions
178. Half-Life 2: Episode Two - 4, 3 Honorable Mentions
178. Mario Kart Wii - 4, 3 Honorable Mentions
178. Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker (PSP – 1, 3 HM, HD – 3) - 4, 3 Honorable Mentions
182. Enslaved - 4, 2 Honorable Mentions
182. Geometry Wars 2 - 4, 2 Honorable Mentions
182. Marvel vs. Capcom 3 (Reg – 1, U 3, 2 HM) - 4, 2 Honorable Mentions
182. The Witcher - 4, 2 Honorable Mentions
182. To the Moon - 4, 2 Honorable Mentions
187. Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds - 4, 1 Honorable Mention
187. Kororinpa - 4, 1 Honorable Mention
187. Umineko n Kaku Koro Ni - 4, 1 Honorable Mention
187. Dragon Quest IX - 4, 1 Honorable Mention
187. Geometry Wars - 4, 1 Honorable Mention
187. Half-Minute Hero - 4, 1 Honorable Mention
187. Metroid Prime Trilogy - 4, 1 Honorable Mention
187. Pixeljunk Monsters - 4, 1 Honorable Mention
187. Rune Factory 3: A Fantasy Harvest Moon - 4, 1 Honorable Mention
196. Altitude - 4
196. Blackwell Unbound - 4
196. Passage - 4
196. The Godfather: The Game - 4
196. Tokyo Jungle - 4
196. Animal Crossing: Wild World - 4
196. Burnout Revenge - 4
196. Etrian Odyssey II - 4
196. Final Fantasy Tactics: War of the Lions - 4
196. Fire Emblem: New Mystery of the Emblem - 4
196. Trauma Center: Under the Knife - 4
208. Wii Sports Resort - 3, 7 Honorable Mentions
209. Pac-Man CE DX - 3, 6 Honorable Mentions
209. Radiant Historia - 3, 6 Honorable Mentions
211. Advance Wars: Dual Strike - 3, 5 Honorable Mentions
211. Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts - 3, 5 Honorable Mentions
213. Saint's Row the Third - 3, 4 Honorable Mentions
214. Borderlands - 3, 3 Honorable Mentions
214. LittleBigPlanet 2 - 3, 3 Honorable Mentions
214. Mortal Kombat - 3, 3 Honorable Mentions
214. Resonance of Fate - 3, 3 Honorable Mentions
214. The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks - 3, 3 Honorable Mentions
214. Ys: The Oath in Felghana - 3, 3 Honorable Mentions
220. Advance Wars: Days of Ruin - 3, 2 Honorable Mentions
220. Assassin's Creed - 3, 2 Honorable Mentions
220. Battlefield 1943 - 3, 2 Honorable Mentions
220. Dragon Quest IV - 3, 2 Honorable Mentions
220. Flower - 3, 2 Honorable Mentions
220. LA Noire - 3, 2 Honorable Mentions
220. Persona 5 - 3, 2 Honorable Mentions
220. Prince of Persia - 3, 2 Honorable Mentions
220. Shadows of the Damned - 3, 2 Honorable Mentions
228. Dragon's Crown - 3, 1 Honorable Mention
228. Anarchy Reigns - 3, 1 Honorable Mention
228. Assassin's Creed IV - 3, 1 Honorable Mention
228. Blazblue Calamity Trigger - 3, 1 Honorable Mention
228. Driver: San Francisco - 3, 1 Honorable Mention
228. Excite Truck - 3, 1 Honorable Mention
228. Final Fantasy XIII-2 - 3, 1 Honorable Mention
228. Halo 4 - 3, 1 Honorable Mention
228. Machinarium - 3, 1 Honorable Mention
228. Outrun Online Arcade - 3, 1 Honorable Mention
228. Picross DS - 3, 1 Honorable Mention
228. Pixeljunk Eden - 3, 1 Honorable Mention
228. Rhythm Heaven - 3, 1 Honorable Mention
228. Rhythm Heaven Fever - 3, 1 Honorable Mention
228. Ridge Racer 7 - 3, 1 Honorable Mention
228. Solatorobo: The Red Hunter - 3, 1 Honorable Mention
228. Steins;Gate - 3, 1 Honorable Mention
228. The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky Second Chapter - 3, 1 Honorable Mention
246. 1 vs. 100 - 3
246. Diablo 3 - 3
246. Disaster: Day of Crisis - 3
246. Dodonpachi Daiojou Black Label Extra - 3
246. Dota 2 - 3
246. Final Fantasy XI: Wings of the Goddess - 3
246. Guild Wars: Eye of the North - 3
246. Guitar Hero World Tour - 3
246. Heavenly Sword - 3
246. Jump Ultimate All-Stars - 3
246. Monster Hunter Freedom Unite - 3
246. Serious Sam 3: BFE - 3
246. Soul Calibur IV - 3
246. Space Invaders Extreme 2 - 3
246. SSX - 3
246. Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection - 3
246. Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War – Dark Crusade - 3
246. White Knight Chronicles 2 - 3
264. Binary Domain - 2, 8 Honorable Mentions
264. Assassin's Creed Brotherhood - 2, 6 Honorable Mentions
264. Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons - 2, 6 Honorable Mentions
267. Final Fantasy Tactics A2 - 2, 5 Honorable Mentions
267. New Super Mario Bros. 2, 5 Honorable Mentions
267. No More Heroes 2: Desperate Struggle - 2, 5 Honorable Mentions
267. Punch-Out!! - 2, 5 Honorable Mentions
267. South Park: The Stick of Truth - 2, 5 Honorable Mentions
267. Spec Ops: The Line - 2, 5 Honorable Mentions
273. Kirby's Epic Yarn - 2, 4 Honorable Mentions
274. Deathsmiles - 2, 3 Honorable Mentions
274. DmC: Devil may Cry - 2, 3 Honorable Mentions
274. The Last Story - 2, 3 Honorable Mentions
277. Castle Crashers - 2, 2 Honorable Mentions
277. Ghostbusters: The Video Game - 2, 2 Honorable Mentions
277. Hard Corps - 2, 2 Honorable Mentions
277. House of the Dead Overkill - 2, 2 Honorable Mentions
277. Okami - 2, 2 Honorable Mentions
277. Professor Layton and the Unwound Future - 2, 2 Honorable Mentions
283. Akai Katana Shin - 2, 1 Honorable Mention
283. Amnesia: The Dark Descent - 2, 1 Honorable Mention
283. Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - 2, 1 Honorable Mention
283. Child of Eden - 2, 1 Honorable Mention
283. Clubhouse Games - 2, 1 Honorable Mention
283. Condemned: Criminal Origins - 2, 1 Honorable Mention
283. De Blob - 2, 1 Honorable Mention
283. Etrian Odyssey - 2, 1 Honorable Mention
283. Fortune Street - 2, 1 Honorable Mention
283. Little King's Story - 2, 1 Honorable Mention
283. Madworld - 2, 1 Honorable Mention
283. Plants vs. Zombie - 2, 1 Honorable Mention
283. Project Gotham Racing 4 - 2, 1 Honorable Mention
283. Puppeteer - 2, 1 Honorable Mention
283. Ridge Racer - 2, 1 Honorable Mention
283. Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor 2 - 2, 1 Honorable Mention
283. SKATE - 2, 1 Honorable Mention
283. Trauma Team - 2, 1 Honorable Mention
283. Trials Evolution - 2, 1 Honorable Mention
302. Ace Attorney Investigations 2 - 2
302. Atelier Meruru: The Apprentice of Arland - 2
302. Brain Age - 2
302. Cave Story + - 2
302. Counter-Strike GO - 2
302. Dodonpachi Saidaioujou - 2
302. Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: The Crystal Bearers - 2
302. Hatsune Miku: Project Diva F 2nd - 2
302. Killer is Dead - 2
302. Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days - 2
302. Mario Strikers Charged - 2
302. MLB The Show 08 - 2
302. Mountain of Faith - 2
302. Persona 4 Arena Ultimax - 2
302. Phantasy Star Zero - 2
302. Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky - 2
302. Recettear - 2
302. Rugby League 3 - 2
302. Shatter - 2
302. Sid Meier's Civilization IV - 2
302. Soul Bubbles - 2
302. Split Second - 2
302. Stalker: Call of Pripyat - 2
302. Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket Powered Battle Cars - 2
302. The Binding of Isaac - 2
302. The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky the 3rd - 2
302. The Stanley Parable - 2
302. Transformers Fall of Cybertron - 2
302. Wii Fit Plus - 2

AniHawk

The List Continued
331. Resistance 3 - 1, 7 Honorable Mentions
332. Darksiders - 1, 4 Honorable Mentions
332. Fable 2 - 1, 4 Honorable Mentions
332. Hotline Miami - 1, 4 Honorable Mentions
332. Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story - 1, 4 Honorable Mentions
332. Resident Evil 6 - 1, 4 Honorable Mentions
332. Shadow Complex - 1, 4 Honorable Mentions
338. Battlefield 3 - 1, 3 Honorable Mentions
338. Darksiders 2 - 1, 3 Honorable Mentions
338. Guitar Hero 3: Legends of Rock - 1, 3 Honorable Mentions
338. Motorstorm: Pacific Rift - 1, 3 Honorable Mentions
338. Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction - 1, 3 Honorable Mentions
338. Rayman Legends - 1, 3 Honorable Mentions
344. Another Code: R – A Journey into Lost Memories - 1, 2 Honorable Mentions
344. Beyond Two Souls - 1, 2 Honorable Mentions
344. Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light - 1, 2 Honorable Mentions
344. Patapon - 1, 2 Honorable Mentions
344. Scott Pilgrim vs the World - 1, 2 Honorable Mentions
349. Asura's Wrath - 1, 1 Honorable Mention
349. Atelier Totori - 1, 1 Honorable Mention
349. Back to the Future: The Game - 1, 1 Honorable Mention
349. Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin - 1, 1 Honorable Mention
349. DJMAX Portable 2 - 1, 1 Honorable Mention
349. DJMax Portable Clazziqual Edition - 1, 1 Honorable Mention
349. Fatal Frame 4 - 1, 1 Honorable Mention
349. Final Fantasy Fables: Chocobo Tales - 1, 1 Honorable Mention
349. Infinite Space - 1, 1 Honorable Mention
349. Kameo: Elements of Power - 1, 1 Honorable Mention
349. Last Window: The Secret of Cape West - 1, 1 Honorable Mention
349. Life is Strange - 1, 1 Honorable Mention
349. Locoroco - 1, 1 Honorable Mention
349. Might & Magic: Clash of Heroes - 1, 1 Honorable Mention
349. Naurto Shippuden: Clash of Ninja Revolution 3 - 1, 1 Honorable Mention
349. Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit - 1, 1 Honorable Mention
349. Noby Noby Boy - 1, 1 Honorable Mention
349. Papa & Yo - 1 , 1 Honorable Mention
349. Red Steel 2 - 1, 1 Honorable Mention
349. Super Paper Mario - 1, 1 Honorable Mention
349. Tales of Graces (F – 1, 1HM) - 1, 1 Honorable Mention
349. The Unfinished Swan - 1, 1 Honorable Mention
349. Trials HD - 1, 1 Honorable Mention
349. Valkyria Chronicles III - 1, 1 Honorable Mention
373. Beyond Good & Evil HD - 1
373. Brandish: The Dark Revenant - 1
373. Bulletstorm - 1
373. Burnout Legends - 1
373. Call of Duty 2 - 1
373. Child of Light - 1
373. Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 - 1
373. Crisis Core: Final Fantasy 7 - 1
373. Culdcept Saga - 1
373. Defense Grid - 1
373. Earth Defense Force 2025 - 1
373. Fatal Frame 2 - 1
373. Final Fantasy XIV - 1
373. Final Fantasy: Four Heroes of Light - 1
373. Flying Red Barrel - 1
373. Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars - 1
373. Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories - 1
373. Hot Shots Open Tee 2 - 1
373. House of the Dead 2 & 3 Return - 1
373. I Wanna be the Boshy - 1
373. Katamari Forever - 1
373. MAG - 1
373. Melty Blood Actress Again Current Code - 1
373. Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater HD - 1
373. Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain - 1
373. MLB 10 The Show - 1
373. Monday Night Combat - 1
373. Monster Hunter Freedom - 1
373. Monster Hunter Portable 3rd - 1
373. Moon Diver - 1
373. NBA 2K7 - 1
373. Neotokyo - 1
373. Ouendan 2 - 1
373. Outland - 1
373. Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale - 1
373. Psychonauts - 1
373. Pure - 1
373. Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles - 1
373. SaGa 2 Goddess of Destiny - 1
373. Saint's Row 2 - 1
373. Sakura Wars: So Long My Love - 1
373. Sengoku Basara: Samurai Heroes - 1
373. Sid Meier's Civilization IV: Beyond the Sword - 1
373. SKATE 3 - 1
373. SOCOM US Navy SEALs: Confrontation - 1
373. Sonic Unleashed - 1
373. Soul Calibur 5 - 1
373. SpaceChem - 1
373. Super Robot Wars 2nd OG - 1
373. The Evil Within - 1
373. The Wolf Among Us - 1
373. Tomb Raider Anniversary - 1
373. Trauma Center: Second Opinion - 1
373. Under Siege - 1
373. Virtua Tennis 3 - 1
373. Viva Pinata - 1
373. Wario Ware Touched! - 1
373. Yoshi's Island DS - 1
432. Limbo - 0, 10 Honorable Mentions
433. Far Cry: Blood Dragon - 0, 5 Honorable Mentions
433. Uncharted: Drake's Fortune - 0, 5 Honorable Mentions
435. Jeanne D'arc - 0, 4 Honorable Mentions
435. The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass - 0, 4 Honorable Mentions
437. 3D Dot Game Heroes - 0, 3 Honorable Mentions
437. Bastion - 0, 3 Honorable Mentions
437. Crysis 2 - 0, 3 Honorable Mentions
437. Folklore - 0, 3 Honorable Mentions
437. Lost Planet - 0, 3 Honorable Mentions
437. Remember Me - 0, 3 Honorable Mentions
437. Sonic Rush - 0, 3 Honorable Mentions
437. Yakuza 5 - 0, 3 Honorable Mentions
445. After Burner Climax - 0, 2 Honorable Mentions
445. Alice: Madness Returns - 0, 2 Honorable Mentions
445. Battlefield: Bad Company - 0, 2 Honorable Mentions
445. Blue Dragon - 0, 2 Honorable Mentions
445. Chrono Trigger - 0, 2 Honorable Mentions
445. Dead Space 3 - 0, 2 Honorable Mentions
445. Espgaluda II - 0, 2 Honorable Mentions
445. Forza Motorsport 4 - 0, 2 Honorable Mentions
445. God of War: Ghost of Sparta - 0, 2 Honorable Mentions
445. Marble Blast Ultra - 0, 2 Honorable Mentions
445. Midway Arcade Origins - 0, 2 Honorable Mentions
445. ModNation Racers - 0, 2 Honorable Mentions
445. Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge - 0, 2 Honorable Mentions
445. Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box - 0, 2 Honorable Mentions
445. Professor Layton and the Last Specter - 0, 2 Honorable Mentions
445. Puzzle Quest: Challenge of the Warlords - 0, 2 Honorable Mentions
445. Rabbids Go Home - 0, 2 Honorable Mentions
445. Saint's Row 4 - 0, 2 Honorable Mentions
445. Singularity - 0, 2 Honorable Mentions
445. Super Stardust HD - 0, 2 Honorable Mentions
445. Syndicate - 0, 2 Honorable Mentions
445. Tetris DS - 0, 2 Honorable Mentions
445. Unreal Tournament III - 0, 2 Honorable Mentions
445. Viva Pinata Trouble in Paradise - 0, 2 Honorable Mentions
445. Zack & Wiki: Quest for Barbaros' Treasure - 0, 2 Honorable Mentions
470. Akai Katana - 0, 1 Honorable Mention
470. Alice in Wonderland - 0, 1 Honorable Mention
470. Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney - 0, 1 Honorable Mention
470. Arc Rise Fantasia - 0, 1 Honorable Mention
470. Atelier Escha & Logy: Alchemists of the Dusk Sky - 0, 1 Honorable Mention
470. Batman: Arkham Origins - 0, 1 Honorable Mention
470. Battle Fantasia - 0, 1 Honorable Mention
470. Bioshock 2 - 0, 1 Honorable Mention
470. Blur - 0, 1 Honorable Mention
470. Castlevania Dracula X Chronicles - 0, 1 Honorable Mention
470. Children of Eden - 0, 1 Honorable Mention
470. Contact - 0, 1 Honorable Mention
470. Corpse Party - 0, 1 Honorable Mention
470. Cursed Mountain - 0, 1 Honorable Mention
470. Daigasso! Band Brothers - 0, 1 Honorable Mention
470. Daxter - 0, 1 Honorable Mention
470. De Blob 2 - 0, 1 Honorable Mention
470. Dead Island - 0, 1 Honorable Mention
470. Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate - 0, 1 Honorable Mention
470. Dead Rising 2 - 0, 1 Honorable Mention
470. Dead to Rights Retribution - 0, 1 Honorable Mention
470. Deadly Creatures - 0, 1 Honorable Mention
470. Deathsmiles II - 0, 1 Honorable Mention
470. Digimon World DS - 0, 1 Honorable Mention
470. DIRT 2 - 0, 1 Honorable Mention
470. Disgaea DS - 0, 1 Honorable Mention
470. Dodonpachi Resurrection - 0, 1 Honorable Mention
470. Dominions 3 - 0, 1 Honorable Mention
470. Double Dragon Neon - 0, 1 Honorable Mention
470. Dragon Age 2 - 0, 1 Honorable Mention
470. Dragon Age Inquisition - 0, 1 Honorable Mention
470. Dragon Quest VI - 0, 1 Honorable Mention
470. Dreamfall: The Longest Journey - 0, 1 Honorable Mention
470. Driver: San Francisco - 0, 1 Honorable Mention
470. Ducktales Remastered - 0, 1 Honorable Mention
470. Dust: An Elysian Tale - 0, 1 Honorable Mention
470. Dustforce - 0, 1 Honorable Mention
470. Eternal Sonata - 0, 1 Honorable Mention
470. Europa Universalis III - 0, 1 Honorable Mention
470. Everybody's Golf: World Tour - 0, 1 Honorable Mention
470. Excitebots: Trick Racing - 0, 1 Honorable Mention
470. F.E.A.R. 0, 1 Honorable Mention
470. Feel the Magic XX/XY - 0, 1 Honorable Mention
470. Final Fantasy III - 0, 1 Honorable Mention
470. Galactic Civilization 2 - 0, 1 Honorable Mention
470. God of War: Ascension - 0, 1 Honorable Mention
470. God of War: Chains of Olympus - 0, 1 Honorable Mention
470. Groove Coaster - 0, 1 Honorable Mention
470. Growlanser: Wayfarer of Time - 0, 1 Honorable Mention
470. Guilty Gear Xrd - 0, 1 Honorable Mention
470. Henry Hatsworth in the Puzzling Adventure - 0, 1 Honorable Mention
470. Hexic - 0, 1 Honorable Mention
470. Hydroventure - 0, 1 Honorable Mention
470. I Wanna be the Guy - 0, 1 Honorable Mention
470. Ikaruga - 0, 1 Honorable Mention
470. inFamous: Festival of Blood - 0, 1 Honorable Mention
470. King of Fighter XIII - 0, 1 Honorable Mention
470. Kirby's Return to Dreamland - 0, 1 Honorable Mention
470. Lollipop Chainsaw - 0, 1 Honorable Mention
470. Lone Survivor - 0, 1 Honorable Mention
470. LostWinds - 0, 1 Honorable Mention
470. LostWinds 2: Winter of the Melodias - 0, 1 Honorable Mention
470. Lumines Supernova - 0, 1 Honorable Mention
470. Magical Starsign - 0, 1 Honorable Mention
470. Mamorukun Curse! - 0, 1 Honorable Mention
470. Mana Khemia: Student Alliance - 0, 1 Honorable Mention
470. Marvel Super Hero Squad: The Infinity Gauntlet - 0, 1 Honorable Mention
470. Mass Effect Trilogy - 0, 1 Honorable Mention
470. Medal of Honor - 0, 1 Honorable Mention
470. Medal of Honor: Airborne - 0, 1 Honorable Mention
470. Mega Man: Powered Up - 0, 1 Honorable Mention
470. Metal Gear Solid HD Collection - 0, 1 Honorable Mention
470. Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops - 0, 1 Honorable Mention
470. Metro 2033 - 0, 1 Honorable Mention
470. Metro Last Light - 0, 1 Honorable Mention
470. Metroid Prime Hunters - 0, 1 Honorable Mention
470. Midnight Club: Los Angeles - 0, 1 Honorable Mention
470. Motorstorm Apocalypse - 0, 1 Honorable Mention
470. Mount and Blade: Warband - 0, 1 Honorable Mention
470. Muchi Muchi Pork! - 0, 1 Honorable Mention
470. Mushroom Men: The Spore Wars - 0, 1 Honorable Mention
470. N+ - 0, 1 Honorable Mention
470. NBA 2K13 - 0, 1 Honorable Mention
470. Need for Speed: Most Wanted - 0, 1 Honorable Mention
470. Neverwinter Nights 2 - 0, 1 Honorable Mention
470. New Play Control: Donkey Kong: Jungle Beat - 0, 1 Honorable Mention
470. New Play Control: Pikmin - 0, 1 Honorable Mention
470. New Play Control: Pikmin 2 - 0, 1 Honorable Mention
470. Ninja Gaiden Sigma - 0, 1 Honorable Mention
470. Norrland - 0, 1 Honorable Mention
470. NyxQuest: Kindred Spirits - 0, 1 Honorable Mention
470. Okamiden - 0, 1 Honorable Mention
470. One Finger Death Punch - 0, 1 Honorable Mention
470. Opoona - 0, 1 Honorable Mention
470. Outrun 2006 - 0, 1 Honorable Mention
470. Pandora's Tower - 0, 1 Honorable Mention
470. Papo & Yo - 0, 1 Honorable Mention
470. Patapon 2 - 0, 1 Honorable Mention
470. Penumbra: Black Plague - 0, 1 Honorable Mention
470. Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney: Justice for All - 0, 1 Honorable Mention
470. Prince of Persia: Forgotten Sands - 0, 1 Honorable Mention
470. Prototype - 0, 1 Honorable Mention
470. Rabbids Travel Through Time - 0, 1 Honorable Mention
470. RAGE - 0, 1 Honorable Mention
470. Rain - 0, 1 Honorable Mention
470. Ratchet & Clan: All 4 One - 0, 1 Honorable Mention
470. Rayman Raving Rabbids - 0, 1 Honorable Mention
470. Rayman Raving Rabbids 2 - 0, 1 Honorable Mention
470. Rayman Raving Rabbids: TV Party - 0, 1 Honorable Mention
470. Resident Evil: Deadly Silence - 0, 1 Honorable Mention
470. Resident Evil: Revelations 2 - 0, 1 Honorable Mention
470. Resistance 2 - 0, 1 Honorable Mention
470. Rockstar's Table Tennis - 0, 1 Honorable Mention
470. Shadowrun - 0, 1 Honorable Mention
470. Shantae: Risky's Revenge - 0, 1 Honorable Mention
470. Siren: Blood Curse - 0, 1 Honorable Mention
470. Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing - 0, 1 Honorable Mention
470. Sonic Colors - 0, 1 Honorable Mention
470. Sonic Rush Adventure - 0, 1 Honorable Mention
470. Sound Shapes - 0, 1 Honorable Mention
470. Space Invaders Extreme - 0, 1 Honorable Mention
470. Spider-Man: Web of Shadows - 0, 1 Honorable Mention
470. Splinter Cell: Blacklist - 0, 1 Honorable Mention
470. Splinter Cell: Conviction - 0, 1 Honorable Mention
470. Star Ocean: The Last Hope - 0, 1 Honorable Mention
470. Star Wars: The Old Republic - 0, 1 Honorable Mention
470. Starhawk - 0, 1 Honorable Mention
470. Starship Patrol - 0, 1 Honorable Mention
470. State of Decay - 0, 1 Honorable Mention
470. Stranglehold - 0, 1 Honorable Mention
470. Suikoden Tierkreis - 0, 1 Honorable Mention
470. Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz - 0, 1 Honorable Mention
470. Tales of Xillia 2 - 0, 1 Honorable Mention
470. Tekken 6 - 0, 1 Honorable Mention
470. The Conduit - 0, 1 Honorable Mention
470. The Conduit 2 - 0, 1 Honorable Mention
470. The Last Remnant - 0, 1 Honorable Mention
470. The Pinball Arcade - 0, 1 Honorable Mention
470. The Rub Rabbits - 0, 1 Honorable Mention
470. The Saboteur - 0, 1 Honorable Mention
470. The Witch and the Hundred Knight - 0, 1 Honorable Mention
470. Thomas Was Alone - 0, 1 Honorable Mention
470. Too Human - 0, 1 Honorable Mention
470. Top Spin 4 - 0, 1 Honorable Mention
470. Torchlight - 0, 1 Honorable Mention
470. Trauma Center: Under the Knife 2 - 0, 1 Honorable Mention
470. Twisted Metal - 0, 1 Honorable Mention
470. Ultimate Ghosts 'n Goblins - 0, 1 Honorable Mention
470. Valkyria Chronicles II - 0, 1 Honorable Mention
470. Virtua Tennis 4 - 0, 1 Honorable Mention
470. Wario Land Shake It! - 0, 1 Honorable Mention
470. Wet - 0, 1 Honorable Mention
470. Wii Fit - 0, 1 Honorable Mention
470. Wii Music - 0, 1 Honorable Mention
470. Wii Party - 0, 1 Honorable Mention
470. Wolfenstein: The New Order - 0, 1 Honorable Mention
470. World in Conflict - 0, 1 Honorable Mention
470. Worms Reloaded - 0, 1 Honorable Mention
470. X-Men Origins: Wolverine - 0, 1 Honorable Mention
470. You Don't Know Jack - 0, 1 Honorable Mention

AniHawk

Holy shit! I thought for sure Dark Souls was winning.

Galaxy is a fantastic number 1 though. Probably more deserving of it than Dark Souls.

I personally would have put Demon's Souls above it though.

I vehemently disagree with putting The Last of Us above Dark Souls though.

edit: One of my comments made the OP! :)

dark souls was #2 for most of the voting period until the last day when last of us overtook it.

Plum

Great work Ani! Glad to see Dark Souls so high, GAF chose well.

Bit of an issue with the Gen. Exclusive Awards. Red Dead, both Fallouts, Wipeout HD, Halo 3 and I think Dead Space are all available on current gen one way or another. If it's only remasters then Halo 3 and Wipeout shouldn't be there and the Galaxy games should be there.

Sanctuary

I missed voting, but...

RPG
1. Dark Souls (PlayStation 3, Xbox 360)
2. Demon's Souls (PlayStation 3)
3. Mass Effect 2 (PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, PC)
5. Xenoblade Chronicles (Wii)

Can't really say there's anything else I would have picked for the top 5 RPGs (if certain games must be called "RPG" anyway). About the same order too. Not really any surprises on the list overall though.

Weird to see Galaxy over Galaxy 2 but a solid top 5 nonetheless

In a lot of discussions between the two games, the first is almost always cited as being superior.

Best Generation Exclusives (Games that have never been ported or remade from or to platforms in any other generation)
1. Demon's Souls
2. Red Dead Redemption
3. Portal 2
4. Halo 3
5. Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots
6. Fallout: New Vegas
7. Fallout 3
8. WipEout HD
9. The World Ends with You
10. Dead Space

Halo 3 is on Xbox One. And isn't Wipeout HD in that PS4 collection?

And GAF vindicated for putting Mass Effect (BEST Effect) over ME2 and 3.

Busaiku

1. Demon’s Souls
2. Red Dead Redemption
3. Portal 2
4. Halo 3
5. Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots
6. Fallout: New Vegas
7. Fallout 3
8. WipEout HD
9. The World Ends with You
10. Dead Space
How would Super Mario Galaxy and 2 not be on this?
And why would The World Ends With You be on there?

Fantastic list, wow. GAF sure got good taste. I would have suspected Dark Souls on #1 but with how good Mario Galaxy and TLoU were, I'm not even salty.

Things I love to see:

1. New Vegas ahead of any Bethesda production. Completely accurate.
2. GTA V only on #21. Style over stubstance, that is nowhere near as appreciated by gamers as the sales lead us to believe. I thought it was the most accessible and also worst 3D entry of the series and I'm happy to see GAF doesn't seem to care that much either. Pretty sure this gotta have one of the worst sales/points ratios in the ballot.

Fireblend

Banned
Wow all of these are really solid choices.

Super happy to see both Xenoblade Chronicles and Ghost Trick make the list. Both are outstanding and relatively unknown IMO

ChaosXVI

Sweet! My Super Mario Galaxy 2 comment got picked! I'd say that's a pretty damn solid list. Funnily enough I had Galaxy 2 as my number 1 and Galaxy 1 as my number 4!

timberger

Didn't vote I think, but I was hoping to see MGS4 win for the laughs. The two threads where it won GOTY are some of the funniest shit I've seen on GAF.

This is good stuff too, though, but that adventure games line up is... ugh... plus 999 making the main list? Yeesh... trying to play that "game" bored me to tears, but to each their own I guess.

Courage

Only thing that is triggering me is Ninja Gaiden II being #4 in the action game top 5, but everything else makes sense.

seady

Wow my quote for my favourite game of the generation made it in the OP! Can't wait to play RDR2 next year.

Plum

super mario galaxy games are on wii u. i removed the world ends with you.

See:
Bit of an issue with the Gen. Exclusive Awards. Red Dead, both Fallouts, Wipeout HD, Halo 3 and I think Dead Space are all available on current gen one way or another. If it's only remasters then Halo 3 and Wipeout shouldn't be there and the Galaxy games should be there.

Most of the list isn't 7th Gen exclusive. Great job, though, don't mean to detract from the effort you put in.

zeexlash

That's a great list.. really shows off what a strong generation it was.

Well done AniHawk on the stats, very comprehensive.

Raw64life

Not the Galaxy I voted for but I won't complain about it. Souls and Galaxy were my two favorite series last gen and GAF seems to agree for the most part.

Kuro

I liked 3D World up until then I hadn't liked a Mario game after Paper Mario and 64. I don't understand how 2 Galaxy games made it on the list. They were snoozefests for me.

That's a really good list of games. The right game is at the top, though I'm a little surprised by that considering SMG1 and SMG2 probably split some votes somewhere.

Excellent work AniHawk, as always!

Also, gotta get my dig in here:

Stealth
1. Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots (PlayStation 3)
4. Hitman: Blood Money (PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, PC)
*barf*

Top Bottom