• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HTC expand retail presence for Vive in Europe/US due to increased demand & interest

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
from 2 seperate articles

http://www.pcr-online.biz/index.php...xclusive-deal-for-htc-vive-vr-platform/039435
http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/htc-expands-vive-availability-in-the-us/0183929

HTC is starting to sell the Vive through more retailers in US (BestBuy.com, Walmart.com, Jet.com and B&H.), and tying up distributing deals with UK distributor Westcoast Retail for Europe.

On the market for over a year now, Vive senior manager of product management Graham Breen told PCR that after a soft launch, sales are starting to pick up. “There’s been uplift in general demand and also uplift in where people can buy it from as well,” he said. “Initially we started selling on our own website, but now it’s available across a range of retail stores, whether that’s Currys PC World or Game. It’s also available at online retailers – Overclockers UK and Scan for example. That’s all a response to increased demand we’ve had from the market – it’s been a really exciting 12 months since we first went live with pre-orders last year.”

HTC has subsequently said it has no plans to match these reductions, adding: “We don’t feel the need to cut the price of Vive, as we’ve had incredible success, and continue to see great momentum in market.

“Interest in VR and Vive continues to grow. Paired with recent news with Apple, Google and Intel, we’re seeing major retailers and direct-to-consumer companies endorse Vive as the premier VR experience.”

VR is not dead despite proclamations by quite a few people on the gaming side here at GAF. I love my Vive and i am still over the moon about being one of the very first pre-orders for the Vive.

Durante

VR is not dead despite proclamations by quite a few people on the gaming side here at GAF. I love my Vive and i am still over the moon about being one of the very first pre-orders for the Vive.
Yeah, I'm actually ready now to throw more money at VR hardware.

Though the most interesting thing in that space in the near future to me isn't by HTC, it's the Valve knuckle controllers.

Arulan

Yeah, I'm actually ready now to throw more money at VR hardware.

Though the most interesting thing in that space in the near future to me isn't by HTC, it's the Valve knuckle controllers.

Have they said whether they plan to put them out separately, or hold off until the second generation of SteamVR HMDs?

Alucardx23

More than happy to be a Vive owner. This is only the beginning.

Durante

Have they said whether they planned to put them out separately, or hold off until the second generation of SteamVR HMDs?
Nothing -- it's Valve ;)

We actually know more than we usually do about their projects in development: we know the knuckle controllers exist, we know that they'll make a product out of them, and we know that they are co-designing them together with their VR games.

Top Bottom