• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Rest of the PS Exclusive Destiny Content coming to Xbox in October

jbug617

Banned
Console Exclusives
The weapons, armor, and playable activities that have been available only on PlayStation will transfer to the Xbox in October, 2017. Exclusive content from The Taken King will migrate to all four launch platforms, including legacy consoles – including PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3, Xbox One, and Xbox 360. Exclusive content from Rise of Iron will only migrate to PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. We’ll follow up with a more exact date before it arrives.
https://www.bungie.net/en/News/Article/45983/7_This-Week-At-Bungie--06222017

I guess good news of people playing Destiny on Xbox 360. I would assume everyone else will be playing Destiny 2 by October.

Dynomutt

Sloppy second months later. That's kind of dirt when no on will be playing. Saying this as a Destiny fan. Exclusive content is fucking up my player base and community. A real clan should allow people from both platforms.

Mafro

Wonder if they'll even bother having Xur sell the Jade Rabbit at this point like they did with Hawkmoon.

ps3ud0

Damn... Should he embarrassed to even announce that. Bungie under Activision is as disappointing as expected.

ps3ud0 8)

gamz

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just trolling at this point

Kolx

Xbox was suppose to get it earlier but when Destiny 2 got delayed they extended the exclusivity deal with Playstation for another year.

So it was supposed to come when Destiny 2 releases? basically when it's obsolete? that's disgusting. Good job Sony&Xbox on screwing up your own players by this shit.

Van Bur3n

Xbox was suppose to get it earlier but when Destiny 2 got delayed they extended the exclusivity deal with Playstation for another year.

Just in time to use that content when its the most irrelevant. What fucking assholes. Bungie, Activision, Sony. The whole lot of them.

Hyun Sai

Ok, I admit I was fooled into thinking that the PS4 exclusive content would only last one month, and that Bungie at last did something good.

But between the Marvel Heroes Omega costume bullshit and THIS, I must admit, what a day, what a lovely day, ah ah ah.

I think this is the last straw. I'll never buy something from this company, ever.

Everything around Bungie in the last few weeks is just so incredibly dumb, it makes me less and less interested in Destiny 2.

jbug617

Banned
So it was supposed to come when Destiny 2 releases? basically when it's obsolete? that's disgusting.

I would assume Sony will get new exclusive content every time Bungie drops an expansion (or game) for Destiny. Xbox then will get the old exclusive content. Xbox will always be behind.

SkylineRKR

I think it would've been better to not mention this and just drop the content for the handful of legacy players to find out its there all of a sudden.

This is just pouring salt into the wound and i'm still amazed how Bungie gets away with shitting on its fanbase for so long. I was an avid D1 player during year one and I remember that DJ community guy being a complete ass for example.

I wonder how much Sony paid... must be a lot. It sucks but so does all those other launch exclusive or one year exclusive game deals like tomb raider.

Kyrios

wkEU61j.gif

Finaj

I wonder how much Sony paid... must be a lot. It sucks but so does all those other launch exclusive or one year exclusive game deals like tomb raider.

I'd argue this is worse. I can buy Destiny 2 at the same time, but it will be coming out at the same price with less content.

When TR came to the PS4, it got more content than the Xbox or PC versions.

Chris1

I had to reread that because I thought it was a joke

At that point it may aswell stay lifetime exclusive. While no timed exclusive content is good, this Destiny one completely takes the piss

Tagyhag

The content isn't that great but it's the principle of the matter.

Lol are you serious?

Are there people here that defended that?

jbug617

Banned
Lol are you serious?

Are there people here that defended that?

Bungie has confirmed that Destiny: The Taken King’s PlayStation-exclusive content will remain so for another year.

Originally, the content was set to remain exclusive to Sony formats until at least 2016, although Bungie has since amended the game’s official info page to confirm that the period of exclusivity extends to fall 2017.

https://www.psu.com/news/30899/Destiny-PlayStation-exclusive-content-extended-into-2017

I hate this timed dlc exclusive method. It sucked for PS3 owners last generation and it sucks for XB1 users this one. Someone is always getting screwed and it's obviously not like everyone can own every system. I'm one of the few people that does own each system and it still frustrates me.

ianpm31

I'd argue this is worse. I can buy Destiny 2 at the same time, but it will be coming out at the same price with less content.

When TR came to the PS4, it got more content than the Xbox or PC versions.

So holding back dlc is worse than holding back an entire game from a "revived" series that damn near got killed again? ok

Top Bottom