• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Final Fantasy XV Patch Up (v1.12), Adds Free Off-Road Driving

Koozek

New patch that went up today adds off-road driving through a new car customization that's available at Hammerhead through Cidney (doesn't seem to be post-game only, not sure though).

Patch notes:

• Implementation of Regalia Type-D off-road customization option (available at Hammerhead)
  • Conclusion of survey regarding future updates
  • Addition of compatibility with EPISODE PROMPTO
  • Addition of pieces from EPISODE PROMPTO to music player tracklist
  • Various bug fixes

Credits to our great SunhiLegend:
BH7FFGp.gif

You can drive over monsters too!
RJvyGwP.gif

Thanks for the heads up, downloading right away. Off-Road driving looks incredibility fun.

Edit 1 : Do I have to change Type-F in order to get Off-Road?

Edit 2 : The update is 8.65GB

TrueBlue

Is now a good time to jump in? I've had the game since Christmas, but with all I've heard about the game/story being incomplete, I've held off.

Koozek

Thanks for the heads up, downloading right away. Off-Road driving looks incredibility fun.

Edit : Do I have to change Type-F in order to get Off-Road?
Yah. I hoped it would be possible with the normal Regalia too, which looks more classy than that huge truck :( Maybe they cahnged Manual Mode for the normal car too, haven't seen anyone try it yet, but I doubt it. Maybe they'll add that someday too.

Son Of D

Is now a good time to jump in? I've had the game since Christmas, but with all I've heard about the game/story being incomplete, I've held off.
There's still 2 more DLC releases so if you've waited this long already then you might as well wait until those have released and you have all the updates.

GHG

Gold Member
Ok is it time to start playing this game then or are there any other planned updates I should wait for?

Holy shit that is a huge difference and looks quite cool too. I sold my copy of the Xbox One version and I will buy it again when Xbox One X is out.

Koozek

Ok is it time to start playing this game then or are there any other planned updates I should wait for?
Thing is, I don't think the DLC's extra exposition improves anything w.r.t. the main game's fundamental narrative issues, especially since they're separate from the main game, and they haven't yet added new story cutscenes into the main game besides a short extra route for Chapter 13 from another character's perspective that adds a bit of exposition for some of the villains in that chapter. Who knows, maybe they'll add more in a few months though, so you might just wait until September or so when the third and last Character DLC comes to see if they will have added more substantial exposition to the main game until then or possibly even later this year when the multiplayer DLC drops. Maybe by then they've incorporated the DLC more organically into the main game instead of just through the main menu.

If you've waited that long just wait a few months more. However I highly doubt any of the updates will be more than a band-aid solution. They'd have to fix and add a lot to make the story truly feel more coherent and consistent.

Awesome, can't wait to try it out. I just started a second playthrough this weekend and despite the onslaught of masterpieces that were released earlier this year, I'm still having a ton of fun. And regarding the survey, as much as I would like to be able to play as Aranea or Iris, fingers crossed for a hard mode.

SilentRob

One of the most important features missing in the main game. The car being glued to the street, unable to drive more than what feels like 10 KM/h completely destroyed any will to discover the (utterly empty) open world. And even when you get access to the chocobos (which are now completely useless) you still have to manage your car because it's your fast travel point.

Final Fantasy XV could at some point be the game it should have been all along. We'll probably just have to give them another year.

TheChamp

One of the most important features missing in the main game. The car being glued to the street, unable to drive more than what feels like 10 KM/h completely destroyed any will to discover the (utterly empty) open world. And even when you get access to the chocobos (which are now completely useless) you still have to manage your car because it's your fast travel point.

Final Fantasy XV could at some point be the game it should have been all along. We'll probably just have to give them another year.

Just need to add alot more in the final 3rd of the game, as soon as you get on the train it feels like so many open areas were cut like a whole continent is missing

As much as I love this post-release content, it's keeping me from playing the game. I know the story is content complete and I'd have a good time but I know if I wait, I'll have a better time even without the season pass/extra content. By the time it's all out, I bet I'll be waiting even longer for the inevitable but likely soon to be announced PC version (why showcase the 1080Ti using Nvidia Gameworks effects with FFXV?)

Koozek

Only thing that bugs me is that you can probably only drive off-road with this special type of the car, which doesn't look as nice as the normal one :/ Hopefully they'll add actual manual driving to the standard car's Manual Mode too.

Man, I'm glad I haven't picked up this game yet.

Seems like they are still adding stuff that should've been there at launch.

XV is in such a constant stream of updates that it just keeps me from finishing it and waiting for the damn game to be in a ''complete'' state >_>

Shouldn't have bought it day 1 lol.

Koozek

Didn't they already add "the ring of good game design" as an equippable item that turns off friendly fire?
Yeah, but tbf friendly fire damage was so low it was pretty much negligible and that never really was the main issue with magic for me anyway. What made me avoid using it was that you always had to go into the menu to equip another spell if your current one was depleted. They should streamline it by either making the next spell in the list replace the depleted spell automatically or having a quick menu in-battle to quickly select another spell from the list.

Know what's funny though? After 120 hours or so I randomly read on the internet that you can actually call back your party members before using magic by holding the attack/cast button for a few seconds. Never once did they mention this in the game (afaik, but I'm pretty sure).

RuGalz

Know what's funny though? After 120 hours or so I randomly read on the internet that you can actually call back your party members before using magic by holding the attack/cast button for a few seconds. Never once did they mention this in the game (afaik, but I'm pretty sure).

wut? wish I knew that lol. I just let them suffer all this time.

Wow, you can actually explore on top of the giant archs now? That was one of the first things I tried to do when I got to Duscae. What a disappointment.

sublimit

Banned
I'm so glad i waited from buying this game early on.Looking forward for the GOTY edition a year from now.Hopefully by that time all the improvements and added content will finally make it feel like a complete and polished experience.

OHH SHIIIT. This is the ONE thing i've been missing playing this game so far. Only 3 chapters in so far, almost considering waiting some more for more patches.

UberTag

I have learned that there is always something coming.
That's why I refuse to start my first playthrough...
Don't fret. We'll get to play this game sometime. This team will eventually decide to stop milking FFXV by adding fishing and noodle costumes and off-road monster crushing and start tackling that FFVII Remake we've heard so much about. We just have to be patient.

GunBR

It's cool that they keep adding stuffs and supporting the game
But nothing that they add was a game changer. So the comments of "the game was incomplete" that we always have when someone talk about FF XV are just dumb

...WHAT!?!?

bigol

Don't fret. We'll get to play this game sometime. This team will eventually decide to stop milking FFXV by adding fishing and noodle costumes and off-road monster crushing and start tackling that FFVII Remake we've heard so much about. We just have to be patient.

There are different teams working on FF VII remake and FF XV DLC and patches.

Vashetti

Banned

Why can't people on an enthusiast gaming forum understand that game companies have different teams working on different things?

Top Bottom