• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Snake Pass on Switch is 40% off until July 4th (First Switch eShop Sale)

Geg

Will it actually come back to the front page of the eshop then? I wonder how sales are going to be handled on the Switch eshop

Weebos

Banned
I might give this a look. I'm not much for platformers, but the price is right and the game seems interesting.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Was considering getting it after seeing the continued support with the latest patch. Can't complain about 40% off.

oti

Banned
It's only 10 euros on Steam but that's fair, imo. 2 Euros more for the mobility.

How's the game for kids? Too difficult?

Plum

Hmmmm maybe I'll grab it. How's it stack up to the other versions?

Sub HD in both docked and handheld which makes things quite considerably blurry, although the amazing AA solution alleviates things a lot. Visually on par outside a few minor effects like water ripples. Framerate is a smooth 30fps for the most part, especially now they've fixed the frame pacing issues it once had. Go for it if you want to play on the go!

phanphare

Banned
nice, that's a solid discount

I'd recommend this game to anyone who likes to master unique movement mechanics. because the movement mechanics are so unique there is a learning curve where stuff will feel weird at first but once you get the hang of it executing is deeply satisfying. despite not having a jump button this game scratches the 3D platformer itch quite well.

Plum

What's GAF consensus on this one? Might bite at that price

Flawed, but really good nonetheless. You have to go in with an open mind as the controls take some getting used to.

It's only 10 euros on Steam but that's fair, imo. 2 Euros more for the mobility.

Finishing the levels is fine if you can get a hang of the controls, they should be alright. Completing the game 100% is incredibly difficult and very tedious but you'll get your money's worth without doing so.

Ridley327

The difficulty is tied to how well you can come to grips with the controls. You can do OK if all you're concerned with is beating the level, but finding all of the collectibles will require some strong commitment to learning the ins and outs of the controls.

It's probably not that kid-friendly, but again, it really depends on how quickly you learn how the game works.

StarPhlox

I did not regret this game at the full $20 and for $12 I think it is a good price for any Switch owner who is at all curious about this unusual game.

Hope we start seeing more discounts! There are at least a couple Switch games I don't have yet that I would grab at a better price (Mr. Shifty, Thumper, Minecraft).

Ridley327

I'm glad I held out, sounds like the perfect time to get this. I don't remember the Wii U having many/any sales for reference.

Wii U had plenty of sales. The problem was that they rarely had first party games, and the times that they did were largely paltry discounts. Honestly, the best sales that Nintendo had for their own stuff was whenever the Wii games were 50% off, especially for Metroid Prime Trilogy.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Yeah hope this means more discounts.

Launch (window) games could probably do well at this juncture with a sale. Not a ton of competition, but it's been long enough that a sale might boost some sliding sales.

Plus new Switch owners might be more likely to cop a cheaper eshop game when they finally find a device to buy.

Ridley327

Also, in case anyone was wondering, the Switch version was recently patched to include the time trials and online leaderboards that were present in the other versions, so it is 100% content complete for those that might be operating with outdated information.

Wii U had plenty of sales. The problem was that they rarely had first party games, and the times that they did were largely paltry discounts. Honestly, the best sales that Nintendo had for their own stuff was whenever the Wii games were 50% off, especially for Metroid Prime Trilogy.

Ah right, I do remember that Metroid Prime Trilogy deal since I bought it. Well hopefully they keep up the big discounts.

oti

Banned
Flawed, but really good nonetheless. You have to go in with an open mind as the controls take some getting used to.

Finishing the levels is fine if you can get a hang of the controls, they should be alright. Completing the game 100% is incredibly difficult and very tedious but you'll get your money's worth without doing so.

The difficulty is tied to how well you can come to grips with the controls. You can do OK if all you're concerned with is beating the level, but finding all of the collectibles will require some strong commitment to learning the ins and outs of the controls.

It's probably not that kid-friendly, but again, it really depends on how quickly you learn how the game works.

Thanks. Game looks charming and the snake is cute, my goddaughter should like it. But if the controls are too difficult, I don't know if she'd enjoy it very much. Maybe just moving around in the early levels would be enough for her though. I'll think about it.

Fliesen

To anyone getting this:

Don't make the mistake of trying to 100% every level the first time around.
The game has quite the learning curve - and it's extremely punishing / frustrating if you try to work against said curve.

I was really down on the game at first, but once i went "fuck it, i'll just finish it and 100% the levels later" i started enjoying my time with the game a lot more.

Hybris

Bought this in the steam sale and haven't played it yet. Probably going to return it and get it on switch since I just got my hands on one yesterday!

Top Bottom