• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny Crucible locked behind dlc now?

ResoRai

Haven't played Destiny since around launch, but I've been playing it for the last few days. Just hopped into the crucible area and I can only play Doubles and a private match? I remember playing Clash and Rift back then, but now it's locked behind Rise of Iron?
I looked around a bit and people said you can still play legacy, but I'm not seeing it?

Femto.

I remember there being a similar thread when the first couple of DLC packs released.

I thought this was patched or something.

pantsmith

So its weird now. I think everyone has access to everything, but the available modes rotate in and out by the week.

I guess the idea is to keep everyone in a smaller pool of "featured" modes instead of spread thin across all of them.

Edit: Nevermind. Literally just one playlist if you don't own Rise of Iron.

As we arrive at the Age of Triumph, we're making changes to the Crucible to improve matchmaking quality and allow more flexibility for how you earn rewards. The number of active Crucible playlists are being reduced to help draw Guardians into a more focused set of battlegrounds. Each week, we'll offer five core playlists in the center row, and one rotating playlist in the top rotator. Private Matches will continue to remain on the bottom row. Classic players who do not own Rise of Iron will find their offering each week in the top rotator, which can feature Zone Control, Combined Arms, Mayhem Clash, Mayhem Rumble or Doubles modes. Elimination will be available each week, and will continue to be replaced with Trials of Osiris each weekend.

Source: https://www.bungie.net/en/News/Article/45759

ramyeon

I know it sucks but it makes sense from a matchmaking perspective. The amount of active players that don't own RoI would not be a really significant number and it's ideal for the player to keep those people in the smallest amount of matchmaking playlists as possible. If they were spread between all the different modes it'd be impossible to find a game.

Top Bottom