• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Can I still go to the gym today after bleed a lot and with a cut on my forehead?

Basically a decorative dagger fell on my forehead this morning (long story) around 12 noon and cut a gash on it, didn't seem to deep and wasn't very painful but it bled all over the place, like I didn't even even notice I was cut and thought that something blunt at bumped my forehead until I realized that there was blood all over my hands and dripping all down and of my face.

It was enough that I was thiiiis close to passing out (ringing in ears, basically fall asleep light headed, tunnel vision, cold sweat) from blood loss but I ate some candy and didn't. I pressured tissues to it stop the bleeding and let it clot, and it didn't seem that bad and seemed like a really clean cut and so I just disinfected it and put a bandage on it.

Anyways it's now 3:30 and I feel fine, still kind of weak kneed and light head but whatever had shit to do today and I did it fine. I'm going to eat some chicken in a bit should help.

I couldn't got to the gym yesterday because I was at funeral, and I don't want to skip 2 days in a row because I have a hard time maintaining routines if I break them. Last time I broke my gym routine I went from going 4-5 days a week for a 1/2 a year to going once a month for a couple months until I recently got back into it. I normally go gym at 7-8pm so 3-4 hours from now and 8ish from the cut.

But I'm afraid of sweat making the bandaid fall off and maybe unclotting the wound and shit.

I wish I had taken a picture.

tldr: dagger fell on my forehead, not a massive cut but bled a lot, I think its fine now but I don't want it to open when I'm at the gym.

Arica_jade

Neo Member
Would you appreciate it if someone else was in your situation going to the gym you used and the equipment you used?

Joni

When you donate blood, they recommend not to go to the gym that day. Looks like that advice would go double if you lose enough blood to actually feel weak.

Qasiel

Mate. No.

If you're worried about breaking routine, just go for a short, local walk. You're not breaking it by being lazy.

Phu

Banned
You lost enough blood that you felt like you were gonna pass out and are at risk of having a wound open up, potentially losing another large amount of blood? And you want to go work out? I'd say knock yourself out, but that might actually happen. Don't go to the gym.

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
The fucking Sword of Damacles literally fell on you already and you want to get back out there?

Damn son that's pure hubris.

Bakercat

Knowing that I most likely caught scabies from my local gym back in 2011 and couldn't get rid of it for months, yeah please stay at home if you have something contagious or a open wound that could come into contact with equipment. I've had cuts on my fingers where I debated on whether I should go weightlifting or not. Usually if I could I'd put a bandage on it to keep it closed so I could weightlift, so if you can do that I think it should be cool.

Be careful how many replies you read OP, would hate to strain your head and open that wound again with that cognitive effort you'd be applying. Brain so swell though.

You can, just don't work yourself too hard if it's your first time doing it. I would go after giving plasma and blood too (but rarely).

DeathyBoy

Banned
It's still your motherfukin set!

I wouldn't take any medical advice from a guy named septic. Especially related to blood loss.

Also I'm sorry op but m, even by my own standards of toughing shit out, you're brings dumbass. Get the cut checked out professionally and mention you're feeling weak. Your health isn't a joke.

Zen Aku

You lost enough blood to make you feel dizzy. Working out increases blood flow. Blood that you don't have enough of right now. It's better to just stay home and rest for a few days. Stay home today, just for the safety of everyone else and yourself.

Dude, i mean. We all love working out and it's a bummer to lose a day, but this really seems like a case where you should not go. Losing blood is not laughable matter.

magnetic

I wouldn't risk it. Do you really not trust yourself that much that skipping another could ruin your entire gym habit again?

Iolo

Znl79VD.gif

Okay guys, I won't go. I don't feel like I'd be all that effective either way.

It's a nice day so I think I'll take my kid cousins out for ice cream. They helped me wash my motorcycle while I was waiting for replies.

Next time I bleed a lot, gonna eat some candy and I am sorted!

Isn't sugar good for blood loss or not fainting or something? I thought I read that somewhere so that's why I ate some, I felt like it really helped bring me back tho, I even poured some Ribena in my water, someone I never due since I try to avoid sugar and only drink regular water 99% of the time. After I patched myself up I did eat some toast as well.

Would you appreciate it if someone else was in your situation going to the gym you used and the equipment you used?

Knowing that I most likely caught scabies from my local gym back in 2011 and couldn't get rid of it for months, yeah please stay at home if you have something contagious or a open wound that could come into contact with equipment. I've had cuts on my fingers where I debated on whether I should go weightlifting or not. Usually if I could I'd put a bandage on it to keep it closed so I could weightlift, so if you can do that I think it should be cool.

It's already bandaged up, I'm just worried about it losing it's effectiveness due to sweat or the cut opening up. And if it did open up I wouldn't just leave and let the next guy use it. But you're right it's kind of a dick move either way.

I wouldn't take any medical advice from a guy named septic. Especially related to blood loss.

Also I'm sorry op but m, even by my own standards of toughing shit out, you're brings dumbass. Get the cut checked out professionally and mention you're feeling weak. Your health isn't a joke.

Go wherever you want man, as long as it's definitely not to a doctor / ER / urgent care center.

Bruh, if I went to an ER now I think I'd still be late for work on monday. And the weakness/headache is that I just lost a lot of blood the wound seems okay.

That said I'll take off the bandage and check at like 6, if it still looks fine I'll leave it, if not I'll drop by the ER.

I wouldn't risk it. Do you really not trust yourself that much that skipping another could ruin your entire gym habit again?

Yup, 2 days turns to 3 days turns to 4 days turns to a week and next thing I know I haven't gone in almost a month because after the 2nd day I always find an excuse. I don't have that problem when taking only one day off tho.

Timeaisis

A decorative dagger fell on your head? What kind of weird sword of damacles shit have you got going on at your place?

.JayZii

Banned
Go for a walk/jog and do some bodyweight exercises at home.

I think the real story of how you hit yourself in the head with a decorative dagger is a much more worthy thread topic. Ninja tricks?

MechDX

Every day I see some weird and out there thread topic at GAF and say to myself "This topic can never be topped"

Every day I am proven wrong.

And No OP, you probably shouldnt go to the gym

FreeMufasa

Fucking hell.

A shank fell on your head, split your forehead, you almost passed out due to loss of blood and you're thinking about deadlifting n squatting on the same day?

Smh. Don't. Stay home.

zeemumu

Not if you lost enough blood to nearly lose consciousness.

Also I'd like to know how/why a decorative dagger fell on your head this morning.

Lamel

Banned
If there was that much bleeding, are you sure you don't need stitches? You may want to have an ER doc disinfect and manage the wound.

Either way, make sure to remain hydrated since you've lost fluid and eat enough. Take a chill day dude.

DeathyBoy

Banned
Bruh, if I went to an ER now I think I'd still be late for work on monday. And the weakness/headache is that I just lost a lot of blood the wound seems okay.

That said I'll take off the bandage and check at like 6, if it still looks fine I'll leave it, if not I'll drop by the ER.
I'm just going to tell you straight up that when you go to ER next week, the doctors who see you are going to laugh at the stupidity of you waiting so long to get checked over by a doctor. Please don't sue them for being mean, because it's not their fault you ignored the warning signs because "you'd be late for work."

I'm just going to tell you straight up that when you go to ER next week, the doctors who see you are going to laugh at the stupidity of you waiting so long to get checked over by a doctor. Please don't sue them for being mean, because it's not their fault you ignored the warning signs because "you'd be late for work."

Last time I went to ER I had hurt my ankle doing a stupid dive for a oob tennis ball.

It got big and purplr I thought it was fine and just sprained. My roommate was being paranoid and wouldn't drop it so we went to ER. After like 5 hours of waiting ER said it was broken and gave me a cast and some crutches and sent us home. A week later they were like oops sorry its just a sprain.

So yeah.

Top Bottom