• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Castlevania Renewed for Second Season on Netflix, Episodes Doubled

Steiner

Banned
HvHSYZ5.jpg

Castlevania debuts today on Netflix, but a second season has already been ordered.

They're also doubling the episodes -- Season two will contain eight episodes instead of four. Seems like they really believe in this series already.

Did a search just now and didn't see anything. Feed me some garlic if this is old or belongs in another section.

FelipeMGM

Only watched the first ep so far but I enjoyed what I've seen

Weird that to me, Netflix was kinda hiding this on their dashboard, there is no promotion like they usually do for their stuff and I had to type in full Castlevania to find it.

Astral Dog

I thought we already knew S2 was going to be 8 since announcement 😕

Very good news about positive impressions though

-shadow-

The original was only four episodes? I just thought they would upload modem guess I'm watching all episodes tonight...

13ruce

Banned
Would be kinda cool if we get a game outta this anyway if not still cool to have a fantastic anime for castlevania:)

Queuing it up for the weekend.

Yay.

I should point out the only Castlevania I've played is 10mins of Symphony of the Night and about half of Lords of Shadow...so I have no idea on the lore etc but I think Warren Ellis' script works well and the animation doesn't seem too bad. Also the voice acting is quite good so far, imo, so it all works well for a newcomer like me.

Lyonaz

Only watched the first ep so far but I enjoyed what I've seen

Weird that Netflix is kinda hiding this on their dashboard, there is no promotion like they usually do for their stuff and I had to type in full Castlevania to find it.

Really? I opened Netflix and it was right there on the main banner, I guess Netflix knew I'm a Castlevania fan.

OmegaFax

Konami sucks but letting a decent writer, excellent voice cast, and producers with some good sensibilities make a Castlevania show on Netflix wasn't a terrible idea. It was a fun watch.

Fun to watch, didn't hold back on violence or language, and I felt each episode got better as it went on to the finale ... which will leave you wanting more. They really built up some nice momentum. Look forward to the other episodes.

Can anyone confirm if it's 4K or HDR? Not that's it's going to influence me watching it. But it will certainly increase hype!

Fjordson

Nice. I've heard the first season is damn good.

Didn't even know Warren Ellis wrote it until today. Going to watch it all this weekend (guess S1 is only like two hours total).

bounchfx

first episode took me by surprise, it was just fucking rad

then i found out this morning its only 4 episodes, like wtf :(
but then I saw this thread so we good again

ZenTzen

Do we still hate Konami tho
I dont hate them, just dont care about them anymore, since they basically do nothing with their IPs, and are too busy with pachinko and health clubs shit, either way, the castlevania netflix episodes are actually awesome

Top Bottom