• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe goes open world, gets social hub, day/night cycle, flying, more

Just announced via a live demo during Tennocon.

YouTube link. (demo starts at 16:13)

Edit: Better quality YouTube clip of just the 17 minute gameplay demo here.

New wide open social space, Cetus, with new merchants, streams into a 3Km play space, exploration, quests, and different gameplay during a natural day/night cycle.

kSeBP6r.jpg

sppNgqn.jpg

YoOdoo9.jpg

PyGN9ea.jpg

Some other reveals:

* Hyroid Prime

* Next Warframe is themed upon glass and shaping molten glass.

* Weaponcrafting - make your own weapons from modular parts, name them too. Parts chosen determine stats and stances.

* Operators are all grown up. New resources go into warrior operator armor, modular and nameable focus-weapons (Think the Dune movie's weirding modules), combo attacks with operators and their warframes.

* Umbra Excalibur in next cinematic quest: The Sacrifice.

* Cetus launches with the Plains of Eidolon update, slated for 2017.

CookTrain

Gah, everything about this game screams what I wanted from Destiny, but all of the armour looks awful :( Maybe I should just power through.

Warframe just keeps getting better, doesn't it? Sounds great.

It is quietly one of the most stylish games out there. You know it's true, Tenno.

Kayant

Hmmmm they really want to pull me back huh. Once they get an official replacement for Void_Glitch's datamined droptables I think I will come back. Looks good so far.

Good to see DE still supporting this game so much. I should check out keystone one of these days now am in alhpa.

Been playing this game since release on ps4. My personal GOTG. The support is just insane.
*high five*

Digital Extremes doesn't sleep. They've been putting everything into this game at a crazy pace.

What does this mean?
Think Dying Light. During the day is exploration and quests but at night its about high challenge, multi-stage boss battles against ginormous enemies - you see one at the end of the demo.

Cmagus

Looks amazing as usual. This is the game that keeps giving, I like to say this is the North Amerucan Phantasy Star Online.

Joeku

Yo, that's nuts. Hopefully this adds some weight to the universe; it was kinda the big thing that was always missing for me.

A played it a tiny bit when it came to consoles but the more stuff like this that they add the more it makes me want to jump back in.

Its not every day you update your years old game into an open world one. These guys are insane. Mad props. Time to jump back in.

Moaradin

What the hell? The support for this game is insane. I played a bit of it during the beta when I had a ME3 MP itch, but haven't played it since. Definitely want to try it again.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
So is this in addition to traveling all over space and the more linear missions?

Honestly I wouldn't doubt they turn this into some kind of action adventure heavy version of Elite Dangerous but for a singular solar system. Give it a few more years.

This might be the thing to finally draw me back into the game after a few years away from it.

Two Words

I might jump back into Warframe. I liked my time with it until the F2P side of it started to be come a bigger and bigger barrier.

Ploid 3.0

This is now Warframe 4.

I really wish I stuck with this game, the best updates of a game of this type it seems. Path of Exile is another one but I stuck with that at least. I think the thing that got me out of the game was not knowing where to go to progress. The globe thing confused me, I loved playing the game but I didn't know where to go to collect what I needed. I avoided things that required other people so I was limited in maps I could go to.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Dark Sector, the "original Warframe" was a PS3 announcement game. It changed into something sorta similar when it did finally release but they've been waiting to make this kind of game for a while.

Amazing support. These guys deserve all the love even thought I don't play the game nowadays.

Time to return I guess.

EDIT: They should focus a little bit on the PVP too.

Lakuza

havent played this for a few years now. This feels completely different.
When I played it, it was the same 2 ship layouts randomly generated and a lot of replaying and grinding. Might jump back into it now.
(i just remember 2 boss fights, the second one being some really tanky general in a lava factory area and tons of henchmen shooting at you).

VandalD

This is now Warframe 4.

I really wish I stuck with this game, the best updates of a game of this type it seems. Path of Exile is another one but I stuck with that at least. I think the thing that got me out of the game was not knowing where to go to progress. The globe thing confused me, I loved playing the game but I didn't know where to go to collect what I needed. I avoided things that required other people so I was limited in maps I could go to.
This is typical. The beginning of Warframe can be really confusing. It throws a lot of systems and words at you. If you get back into it, visit the PS4 or PC thread (not sure there's an Xbox thread). Ask us questions. People in the Warframe community are generally pretty helpful. The veterans are pretty aware of how tough it can be to get into the game, but it's potentially a lot of fun if you do.

Top Bottom