• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

...and now I own a Switch

And I need some recommendations...

Not about games no (the only one I want hasn't come out yet)

I'm talking about screen protectors, cases to carry stuff, all those things. The ones you like so I can start writing a checklist of all I'd need to buy... of course I wouldn't be able to get all of it now since to be honest even after a decent discount this console is still more expensive than in the US. But still, I need to manage my bucket to get the best setup for my Switch, so all the info you provide will be carefully analyzed.

For example: the first thing I noticed is that my dock is fucking bent (of course this had to happen to me) and I know another company is producing their own dock that I want to buy... I've been following some threads about the Swith but I can't possibly keep up with all the info, which is why I made this thread.

Hope you can help me and other people who bought a Switch recently.

(I had to read this post twice because I kept writing WiiU instead of Switch many times...)

Fat4all

Banned
i got this one

91Snh2z93lL._SY355_.jpg

its ok

edit: oh, i probably should of just edited my original post. double post

Kamina

Golden Boy
Another screen protector thread
/s

Get Zelda, Mario Cart, check the eShop, check Mario+Rabbids (due next month)

Neoxon

I'd suggest a tougher case like the one RDS makes (or ones, I suppose). That & a tempered glass screen protector will go a long way in protecting your Switch.

- Get a hard case
- Amfilm(?) glass screen protector, $10 a pop on Amazon, gets you two
- If you're gonna do tabletop mode a lot and wanna charge your system while you play, the Hori stand is pretty decent

Macka

I bought the Zelda case on launch day. It's more subtle in real life than it looks in that picture tbh - the art on the case is like an indentation and doesn't stand out even in full light.

It's a hard shell type case so it's great for protection. The inside is all soft fabric, and the back of the pouch in particular is extremely soft so that it doesn't scratch the screen. It also comes with two little cases that hold four Switch cartridges each, which fit nicely in the pouch along with a usb-c cable.

Macka

I feel like it would be pretty annoying to have to take off the joycons every time you want to put the Switch away. I play on the train to and from work, and being able to just quickly throw it back in the case whole when I get to my stop is pretty great.

It does have way better storage though.

I have had absolutely no issues with the hori premium screen protector and it has been on my system since launch day and I have played over 120 hours of BOTW mostly docked.

sfried

What's your budget?

If you can only afford a $5 game: Kamiko is an excellent overhead action adventure game in the vein of Hyper Light Drifter (al least in terms of aesthetics). It's a real nice romp given the price, and also replayable.

If you can only afford $10: Blaster Master Zero is an excellent remake(?) based on the original vehicular (and on-foot) action platformer featuring some guest character DLC which is actually Free ATM.

If you can afford $20: FAST RMX is a futuristic racer that so happens to be a great showcase/tech demo for the system.

I have this case:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01MY9JB2U/?tag=neogaf0e-20

And this screen protector:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01N3ASPNV/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Love them both.

For the bent dock, do you mean the area where the console slides in is bent? It's plastic and it can be fixed. If it comes too close to the screen, just stick a book in the slot that's a little too big overnight and it will stretch it out.

That's the screen protector I was planning to buy. The case looks very pretty, thanks.

Also: I introduced a couple of coins and plan to leave them there for a couple of days to see if the dock gets better. I'm not introducing the Switch in the dock until I get a screen protector and the dock gets better.

Get the GOTY.

Another screen protector thread
/s

Get Zelda, Mario Cart, check the eShop, check Mario+Rabbids (due next month)
I already own Breath for of the Wild (for WiiU)

AM Film screen protector. Tempered glass for <$10.

I imagine you can send the dock in if it's bent. Call customer support.

Get amFilm. They are extremely easy to put on and does the job well.
Drop your friend code or whatever so I can add you

I'd suggest a tougher case like the one RDS makes (or ones, I suppose). That & a tempered glass screen protector will go a long way in protecting your Switch.

Yes, I had to make sure which one was the right one. I read in one thread that the polymer ones are not that good (and that sometimes they can even melt a little)

I've read some of those, thanks for the links

did you get the good one or the boring one?

The Neon one.

What's your budget?

If you can only afford a $5 game: Kamiko is an excellent overhead action adventure game in the vein of Hyper Light Drifter (al least in terms of aesthetics). It's a real nice romp given the price, and also replayable.

If you can only afford $10: Blaster Master Zero is an excellent remake(?) based on the original vehicular (and on-foot) action platformer featuring some guest character DLC which is actually Free ATM.

If you can afford $20: FAST RMX is a futuristic racer that so happens to be a great showcase/tech demo for the system.

I'm saving my money for Splatoon 2 but certainly would take note about the games you suggest. Kamiko looks very pretty.

Also, any recommendations for power banks?

Thanks everyone!

kami_sama

I have this case:

Love them both.

For the bent dock, do you mean the area where the console slides in is bent? It's plastic and it can be fixed. If it comes too close to the screen, just stick a book in the slot that's a little too big overnight and it will stretch it out.

I got the same case. I like it a lot. Very sturdy and has space for the switch, game cards, m sd cards and joycon straps, with a little more extra.

jrDev

i got this one

91Snh2z93lL._SY355_.jpg

its ok

edit: oh, i probably should of just edited my original post. double post
Nah, I've tried that one but found it cumbersome; the link below is the best one!

ButterFox Nintendo Switch Hard Case with 19 Game Slots - Red/Black https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XKCB8ZK/?tag=neogaf0e-20

I don't have to remove the joycons, just slip it in, plus it carries a lot! I have another set of joycons, portable battery and headphones in the compartment and it stores a lot of cartridges. Honestly one of my best Switch purchases after going through multiple cases...

Sober

I have this case:

Love them both.

I bought the Zelda case on launch day. It's more subtle in real life than it looks in that picture tbh - the art on the case is like an indentation and doesn't stand out even in full light.

It's a hard shell type case so it's great for protection. The inside is all soft fabric, and the back of the pouch in particular is extremely soft so that it doesn't scratch the screen. It also comes with two little cases that hold four Switch cartridges each, which fit nicely in the pouch along with a usb-c cable.
I second these posts. I have the plain Switch RDS case, but the Zelda one is the same with a different outer shell. Do not get the Starter Kit ones (case + earbuds + screen protector + joycon condoms).

Quasar

I installed a taggshield on mine today. Looks pretty good. Probably would have bought an amFilm, but getting one in Australia seemed really hard.

Now I just need to find a nice carry case.

_Clash_

I bought a $3 whole sale plastic screen protector from eBay.

5/5 would buy again.

This amfilm need and neurosis over the marginal differences is not required in my situation

I have an Orzly screen protector and case. Both are fantastic. The case holds all the essentials for me (battery pack and cables mostly). I'd highly recommend the brand.

lmao at the thread title :p

Sorry OP, I have no recommendations for you...at least not yet. I'm not a Switch owner yet...I just stopped by this thread to laugh at the thread title mainly

lmao at the thread title :p

Sorry OP, I have no recommendations for you...at least not yet. I'm not a Switch owner yet...I just stopped by this thread to laugh at the thread title mainly

For a moment I thought a mod had changed it (maybe it's just a matter of time)

That's more like it.

Yakuza 0?

They meant Persona 5 Crimson, but it's not out yet.

Also guys, if you really feel like it you could report the thread to a mod, maybe you can explain them how everyone should keep up with all the Switch threads whether they are new Switch owners or not. I'm pretty sure that I should be banned for making a thread about recommendations based on your experiences with the console.

13ruce

Banned
Splatoon 2 don't miss out on that i made that mistake with Splatoon 1 and missed al Splatfests.

Awesome game.
Awesome as heck community.
Awesome Multiplayer.
Awesome Campaign.
Charms lots of it.

And more.

A Pro Controller if you play alot of Single Player games works for online multiplayer fine aswell.

Screen protector.
Carry Bag.

And ofcourse some of the good games already recommended.

Spoiler:

I bought the console for Splatoon 2.

It will eventually get more games I care about but I won't miss Splatoon 2 at launch.

Ah the daily I Bought A Switch Recommend Stuff thread. Congrats OP.

I remember the I Bought A Wii U Am I Crazy? threads from back in the day lol.

Keihart

Do you like dpads for some games? don't waste on a pro controller, buy some 8bitdo controllers and call it a day.

Top Bottom