• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kid Rock running for US Senate in 2018.

VGKebed.png

Please stop.

stabenow won by 20 five years ago and michigan has had one of the more dramatic backlashes to this administration out of any state that swung R

at minimum, this is lean D

that's kinda the point of a populist candidate. you don't see them coming and they can gain lots of power very quickly with the right message targeted at the right people.

21visitors2-blog427.jpg

Kid spotted recently taking notes. Senate is just the beginning, next stop White House!! Nuge as Vice President.

As horrifying as that sounds, I would bet the republican base would vote the shit out of a Rock/Nuge ticket. My God.

that's kinda the point of a populist candidate. you don't see them coming and they can gain lots of power very quickly with the right message targeted at the right people.

so basically this senate race's MO is "let's shit our pants until the first set of polls shows stabenow up comfortably, because if trump could do it clearly anyone can"

so basically this senate race's MO is "let's shit our pants until the first set of polls shows stabenow up comfortably, because if trump could do it clearly anyone can"

polls basically mean shit when it comes to gaging the American electorate (especially Michigan) after November 2016. I would be shitting my pants up until a D is reelected and not a moment before.

Strimei

I hope I won't more of that All Summer Long song of his because of this. I get hopeful for Werewolves of London every time I hear the start of it.

polls basically mean shit when it comes to gaging the American electorate (especially Michigan) after November 2016. I would be shitting my pants up until a D is reelected and not a moment before.

polls literally called the national race within the MoE (and found that Michigan was within the MoE in the final week) but sure. nothing matters

Not saying we should rest on our laurels or anything especially after Trump (very very very very very narrowly) won the state last year, but let's look at the last two Senate races in Michigan

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Senate_election_in_Michigan,_2014

Gary Peters (D) 54.6%
Terri Lynn Land (R) 41.3%

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Senate_election_in_Michigan,_2012

Debbie Stabenow (D) 58.8%
Pete Hoekstra (R) 38.0%

If Kid Rock won a Senate seat in Michigan I'll drink my own urine.

Top Bottom