• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox At gamescom 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here at Xbox, we’re still buzzing from our fans’ reaction to our news at E3 – from the unveiling of the Xbox One X to the 42 games shown on our stage. But we’re only just getting started. Today, we’re pleased to announce that in August we’re coming to Cologne, Germany for gamescom 2017. This will be the first time Xbox One X will be on the ground in Europe and we’ll have a huge line up of 27 playable games for the Xbox One family of devices and Windows 10 PC from developers around the world, including Forza Motorsport 7, Age of Empires Definitive Edition and Sea of Thieves.

Here’s a rundown of what we’ll be up to throughout the week:

Xbox @ gamescom Live

Tune in on Sunday, August 20, at 9:00pm CEST, 12:00pm PDT to a special Xbox @ gamescom live show to get latest news and announcements on Xbox One X.

The show will be hosted by Graeme Boyd (aka @AceyBongos) and Xbox Germany’s Maxi Graeff (@GMaxee). They’ll have news to share, games to show off, will sit down to talk with developers from fan favorite studios and play some of the year’s hottest games yet to be released. There will even be a few surprises and giveaways along the way, so be sure to tune in on mixer.com or watch via the mixer app.

Age of Empires @ gamescom Live

On Monday, August 21, starting at 9:00pm CEST, 12:00pm PDT, Microsoft will celebrate the 20th anniversary of the Age of Empires franchise with a special livestream event in Cologne, alongside some of our biggest fans. The livestream will celebrate the rich history of the beloved PC game series, as well as give fans a first-look at Age of Empires: Definitive Edition, the beautifully remastered edition of this bona fide classic we announced at E3 last month. We’ll be talking all things Age of Empires with some of the legendary developers who worked on the games as well as sharing some exciting news that fans will not want to miss – watch on mixer.com or through the mixer app.

We’ll share more details on how you can attend in person very soon.

Xbox FanFest @ gamescom

We will again be hosting an Xbox FanFest experience for our fans who are attending gamescom 2017. FanFest will begin on Tuesday, August 22nd. We will be sharing more details on our plans soon and look forward to seeing you there!

Xbox Booth @ gamescom

When gamescom officially opens at the Koelnmesse on Tuesday, August 22, gamers in Germany will be able to get hands on Xbox One X for the first time at the Xbox booth. We’re back in Hall 8 of the Koelnmesse, North entrance, this year and you won’t want to miss the opportunity to play a wide collection of the games coming to Xbox over the next 12 months. See below for the show opening times:

Tuesday, August 22 – 9:00 a.m. until 7:00 p.m. CEST (press/trade only day)
Wednesday, August 23 – 9:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. CEST
Thursday, August 24 – 9:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m. CEST
Friday, August 25 – 9:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m. CEST
Saturday, August 26 – 9:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m. CEST
And throughout the week, we’ll be tweeting, live streaming and sharing news and content via social media – Twitter, Snapchat, Facebook, Mixer, etc, most often using the hashtag #XboxGC. Whether in person or online, you won’t want to miss what we have in store this year!

https://majornelson.com/2017/07/13/xbox-at-gamescom-2017/?linkId=100000000608700

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
New AOE and more news on xbox platform features please. *cough* mouse and keyboard support.

Awesome! Really excited to see some hands-on impressions of the Xbox One X. I'm kind of hoping that around then will be when we finally get pre-orders as well. I wanna get one locked down so I can at least know I'm guaranteed one if I decide to buy this year.

Strangely, I'm really interested in seeing more of Super Lucky's Tale. I wonder if they'll have a different demo.

wapplew

This
giphy.gif

And AoE4.
MS can win gamescom easy.

bede-x

Strangely, I'm really interested in seeing more of Super Lucky's Tale. I wonder if they'll have a different demo.

That's what I wanna see as well. They probably have some new areas to show since the game is launching just a few months after Gamescom.

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
Hopefully, they will announce when we can pre-order the system at Gamescom if not sooner. I mean, assuming the FCC approval thing is dealt with if that's what's holding that up.

peppers

So is this a proper live stage show? If so, I hope we see Crackdown in all of its glory. The game needs a good showing more than anything.

I know Phil won't be there but honestly, Boyd seems a cool dude, it was about time he got pushed a bit more into the spotlight.

Trago

They've been implying it repeatedly, but it's also Microsoft, so you never know.

I've said before that I can really start taking their direction in the PC space seriously if they started reviving their PC ip's. A new Age of Empires would do just that.

Instead of AoE4, I'd rather have AoE2 remake that, either, has cross play with the HD version or it's given to AoE2 HD owners at a upgrade price. The remake should have all the features needed for a esport title.
An AoE4 would divide the community and will likely have a hard time living up to AoE2.

Xando

I don't know, is AoE big over there? I'm completely ignorant to it. Just figured Crackdown 3 is out kinda soon, so, I was surprised it wasn't even mentioned.
IIRC crackdown never officially released in germany while AoE is... well AoE.

shmoglish

I don't know, is AoE big over there? I'm completely ignorant to it. Just figured Crackdown 3 is out kinda soon, so, I was surprised it wasn't even mentioned.
Afaik Cd 1 and 2 were never released over here and ger should still have a large pc (typical pc games) fanbase.

Head.spawn

"winning" a conference is a stupid concept.
"winning gamescom" is even more stupid.

It's a show for consumers.

I'm pretty confidant that you understood the obvious meaning behind what they're saying... why say it's "stupid" and get into semantics? Clearly they just meant "to have a great showing", "to win over gamers/consumers" etc etc..

Darklor01

I know it's slightly off-topic, but I would love to see one of those SNK King of the Monsters or Rampage games in a wold like this.
giphy.gif

Would be an epic visual. GODZILLA!!!

Nirolak

Mrgrgr

Age of Empires 2 HD has sold 4.3 million copies on Steam, and Germany is the game's second biggest market (after the US) at 9.46% of all owners globally.

400,000 might not sound like a lot on paper, but keep in mind Germany's 81 million people to the US's 321 million, so it's more like a game that moved 1.6 million in the US in terms of relevance, which not a lot of games do.

Or, to put this another way, it's selling around what games like Battlefield 4's first five months or Horizon were moving in the country.

It's probably also worth noting that the first Crackdown was refused classification in Germany.

Darklor01

giphy.gif

Red Faction was doing that last gen!!!

Look at this garden shed exploding

tumblr_nfzbkilPku1r9ibuko8_400.gif

Yeah, but the propose scale of destruction in Crackdown 3 (allegedly) would be a major difference. (allegedly) there will be so much more than Red Faction ever had by a longshot.

Lister

Banned
A new AoE would be huge hit at Gamescom, and with me!

Would be there Day one... just fix your store Microsoft.

I'm pretty confidant that you understood the obvious meaning behind what they're saying... why say it's "stupid" and get into semantics? Clearly they just meant "to have a great showing", "to win over gamers/consumers" etc etc..
Or you're putting words in his mouth, and people who talk about Sony/MS/Nintendo "winning" a conference always mean the same thing.

So yea, Oti was right. It's a stupid concept.

Ushay

giphy.gif

LMAO.

Anyhow. I take it there won't be anything of note (outside of Pre Orders going up) being announced at the show? I feel like MS should be showcasing IPs that are/could be popular with the EU crowd.

giphy.gif

That Crackdown 3 building is literally "exploding" for no reason. Not realistic at all. Pretty sad that this is the best they could come up with. Am I supposed to believe that the whole skyscraper is full of gas lines? Where are those extra explosions coming from?

That Crackdown 3 building is literally "exploding" for no reason. Not realistic at all. Pretty sad that this is the best they could come up with. Am I supposed to believe that the whole skyscraper is full of gas lines? Where are those extra explosions coming from?
Pretty sure it was a demo to show building destruction, hence extra explosions to show off

Calibos

giphy.gif

I hope they show some updated Crackdown SP and MP....

...and god Red Faction: Guerrilla was amazing...What happened to that studio and their tech? It would be great to see that brought back.

Dehnus

I know it's slightly off-topic, but I would love to see one of those SNK King of the Monsters or Rampage games in a wold like this.
giphy.gif

Would be an epic visual. GODZILLA!!!
A silly parody of Godzilla in multiplayer + split screen announcement would make the x an instant buy for me. It be soooooo much fun lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom