• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The perfect representation of anime in live action: ANIME FIDGET SPINNERS

jett

D-Member
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6kIsEzEmI9w&t=0s

Exaggerated melodrama
Extreme camera angles and zoom-ins
Speedlines
Constant inner monologues
Static shots of the audience
Powerpoint-tier flashback sequence outta nowhere
Power levels
Super attacks

Hollywood better be taking notes next time they try to adapt one of these things!
not really

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Haha ok that was really well done. I love when the dude cuts off his own fingers when he lets go of his fidget spinner. Also the $$ Spinner lighting a cigar was some Tom and Jerry shit.

Cuburt

That was better and more creative than I was expecting.

I'd love watching more live action anime of that quality.

Snaku

Banned
That's not Guyver 2.

tumblr_on3vtzXx6d1umk4ogo1_400.gif

Cuburt

Speed Racer is as good as it gets. It actually hits several of these bulletpoints!

Eh, I'd have to watch it again but I didn't think so when I saw it. In fact, that was one of the things that disappointed me the most. I wanted the critics to be wrong as a fan of anime, Speed Racer, and the Wachoskis.

I mean, I guess you are right that it is "as good as it gets" in terms of a big budget live action anime adaptation that actually is trying to attempt the anime aesthetic being that it just doesn't happen.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
That's not Guyver 2.

tumblr_on3vtzXx6d1umk4ogo1_400.gif

I think I can safely say this is one of the best Western anime adaptations out there. I mean its not a good movie in several ways but those that it is good, its great at which are the whole man in suit aspect and martial arts.

a0ed9c5644e9989008192e6af7fee2de4fb1edda_hq.gif

ReiGun

My favorite part was the casting on the jobber the villain beats, cause he really does look like every jobber you see in anime like this. Just enough personality/skill that you buy him in the semi-finals, but dorky in a way that tells you he ain't ever gonna be shit.

StayDead

Crowd guy 1: THERE'S NO WAY HE CAN WIN AGAINST THAT SPINNER. HE'S THE FASTEST SPINNER AROUND.

*protag gets out experimental spinner*

Crowd guy 2: WAIT! WHAT'S THAT!?

Crowd guy 1: it looks like some kind of experimental spinner!

Crowd guy 2: My god - could he... could he do it?

*flashback to him getting the spinner*

Protag: I've got to do this! I've got to beat this guy and avenge my brother!

Villain: WHAT? NO! IT CAN'T BE!

*protags spinner goes super fast*

Crowd: HE'S DOING IT, HE'S REALLY DOING IT!

*closeup on Protags face being super serious*

Protag: You'll never defeat me. Not with my brothers support.

Villain: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! *explodes backwards*

jett

D-Member
Eh, I'd have to watch it again but I didn't think so when I saw it. In fact, that was one of the things that disappointed me the most. I wanted the critics to be wrong as a fan of anime, Speed Racer, and the Wachoskis.

I mean, I guess you are right that it is "as good as it gets" in terms of a big budget live action anime adaptation that actually is trying to attempt the anime aesthetic being that it just doesn't happen.

In all seriousness, I think when it comes to spirit and tone the Wachowskis' take on Speed Racer is highly faithful.

Damn, they still have the White guy as the protagonist and the winner. LOL

I would love to see a tongue in cheek TV show or film ape the Anime style to the T like this does.

Snaku

Banned
I think I can safely say this is one of the best Western anime adaptations out there. I mean its not a good movie in several ways but those that it is good, its great at which are the whole man in suit aspect and martial arts.

a0ed9c5644e9989008192e6af7fee2de4fb1edda_hq.gif

Yeah, a lot of its problems stem from the small budget so I cut it some slack there.

Steve Wang, the director of Dark Hero, recently revealed he's worked out a deal to make a third Guyver film. Presumably it'll be a reboot. He'll be able to stretch that budget and do way more with modern digital effects.

Sojgat

Yeah, a lot of its problems stem from the small budget so I cut it some slack there.

Steve Wang, the director of Dark Hero, recently revealed he's worked out a deal to make a third Guyver film. Presumably it'll be a reboot. He'll be able to stretch that budget and do way more with modern digital effects.

Got a source?

This is fantastic news.

How recent was this?

Top Bottom