• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lucas Landa, Director of Xbox Argentina and Uruguay has resigned...

borges

Banned
...or was fired, not completely clear.
source: http://xbnrg.com/2017/noticias/lucas-landa-deja-microsoft-argentina/ (sorry, only links I found are in spanish).

For sure his role was not that important overall on Xbox as a whole, but Im wondering if he's going to be replaced at all.

Xbox representation on LATAM (with the exception of Mexico and Brasil -yes, with s-) is almost non existing at this point.

So, wondering if big heads in Redmond(talking to you Phil Spencer ;)) are planning to change this and try to make a reasonable investment on the region in the foreseeable future.
They keep telling they want to make Xbox a global brand, and having almost no structure at all on almost all LATAM countries (apart from customer service) does not look very promising...

Manu

Not surprised. I don't believe the 360 was officially supported over here until around 2013 or something.

borges

Banned
...if I remember correctly, game consoles used to be crazy expensive in Brazil due to import taxes. Is this still the case?

Here is a link from launch:
https://www.gamespot.com/articles/ps4-costs-1-850-in-brazil/1100-6415637/

I hear the xbone is down to around the equivalent of $600 now in Brazil.

Thats right, Brasil is the best case, because they manufacture the console. In Argentina, for example, an Xbox One S costs aprox. usd705. Uruguay a little bit more.

sibarraz

Banned
Men, I remember when the XBOX 360 was launched here on Chile and Microsoft make a big deal saying that this was an official launch.

It didn't lasted more than 5 years but it was beautiful when it lasted

tumblr_o95nla0pfx1vuzwalo1_500.gif

Duxxy3

Xbox international is a turd sandwich. The US is managed well. The UK is managed fairly well. Everything else... it's like it doesn't exist to Microsoft.

If you think about the logistics, it would be reasonable if these countries receive The model that is assembled in Brazil. So, even with the import incentives, it would be a fairly expensive console.

Does someone know how is it compare with the brazilian model in terms of price?

Xbox international is a turd sandwich. The US is managed well. The UK is managed fairly well. Everything else... it's like it doesn't exist to Microsoft.

With the exception of México

México has a lot of support from Microsoft in regards to Xbox

They learned with Xbox 360 and learned about the potential in console market, not to mention their IP Gears of War

Yes, Bra(s/z)il and Mé(x/j)ico are ok, the problem is the rest of the continent.
This

LATAM still has a lot of support from Microsoft, but seems like it doesn't exists since they are conglomerated in "LATAM", not in specific countries or small regions

Still, I believe Microsoft, out of all 3, is the one supporting LATAM countries the most, console launches, events, even a Fan fest with the announcement of Xbox one S for LATAM

That seems to be due to Microsoft's corporate culture and affects a lot of divisions. A lot of Cortana or Bing features are rarely available outside the US and UK, for example. If they are now, it most likely took a year or more to come over. Especially with Cortana is makes no sense, since you want as many people as possible using it. Yet the Android app isn't available outside the US, even though it works outside the US in Windows 10 and launched on Windows Phone back in 2014.

MCD250

The reverse is true as well. One of the biggest culture shocks I experienced when moving to the US was the realization that a lot of people were invested in the Xbox brand here. Before that, Xboxes seemed more like novelty items than anything else.

borges

Banned
If you think about the logistics, it would be reasonable if these countries receive The model that is assembled in Brazil. So, even with the import incentives, it would be a fairly expensive console.

Does someone know how is it compare with the brazilian model in terms of price?

In Argentina costs nearly 705 on the lowest side, Brasil 600, Uruguay nearly 750.

borges

Banned

Well, its not like Playstation or Nintendo are much better. But at least Sony invest a bit on advertising.

PeruGAF here, MS came to introduce the x360 in 2012 (when everyone here already had that) in a press-only event with delicious Pizza.

After that they never came back.

PlayStation left in 2015 and Nintendo isn't even here by themselves.

Linkark07

Banned
Didn't know Microsoft had Xbox Representatives in LatAm. In Panama, this is basically Nintendo/Sony land. Few people own Xbox consoles.

Not true, they make a very good job in Brazil. Much much much better than either Sony or Nintendo.

borges

Banned

Yeah, I was trying to be vocal to see if LATAM users can get at least a taste of what it is to have a proper service, like the ones americans and europeans enjoy daily basis.
But yeah, americans and europeans give a complete shit about us.
Funny how many are super anti-Trump because of the shit that guys says about us, but at the of the day, we are still the guys on the other side of the fence.

Top Bottom