• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spider-Man PS4 Web Swinging Has Been Improved Faster After E3 Feedback

http://wccftech.com/insomniac-spider-man-web-swinging/

spiderman_closeup-740x416.jpg

As Peter [Parker] says in the video, we got this. Yes, nailing the web swinging is crucial. It’s a requirement. Even since E3 2017 which was a month ago, we’ve already improved our web swinging and it’s easier to gain speed now. Yes, we’ve heard all the feedback online – we listen to you guys, a lot! And we’re constantly looking to improve the game. We want to continue to have that sense of flow, fluidity, no obstacles too big for him to overcome. For traversal but also in the combat, which is evolving every single day. You saw the gadget, the tripwire, right? Well, he can stick it on objects but he can also stick it on enemies and if they are close enough, they’ll just slam into each other. So we want to have a lot of gadgets that will allow him to have fun during combat as well.

Great news!

Kasper

That's great news. It did look a little bit slow, even though it was hard to gauge if that was for the purpose of the chase sequence or not.

Will probably be swinging around the city for hours.

Been a long time since I played a Spider-Man game. Missed them on ps3.

ty_hot

lol, they said it was 'slow' because he wasnt at the fastest speed because they wanted to keep the camera aiming at the chopper at all times, that he could go faster than that already.

now they say this, so they were lying before or now. Probably now, just wanted to create some good PR based on nothing.

Memento

lol, they said it was 'slow' because he wasnt at the fastest speed because they wanted to keep the camera aiming at the chopper at all times, that he could go faster than that already.

now they say this, so they were lying before or now. Probably now, just wanted to create some good PR based on nothing.

They didnt say anything

Can you provide a link for this statement, because I haven't seen a thing.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
I was thinking there would be upgrades to make him swing faster and accelerate quicker but I guess not.

Are there skill trees / upgrades in this?

The latest behind the scenes video they posted up, the swinging and traversal to me already looks faster, but there isn't much to go on in that video.

I was thinking there would be upgrades to make him swing faster and accelerate quicker but I guess not.

Are there skill trees / upgrades in this?

IG said that web swinging is skill based, so I guess one could assume that we won't see many/any upgrades as far as Spidey's momentum is concerned.

Ricky_R

I enjoyed the Batman games (only played AA and AK), so I'm excited this game seems to be inspired by it.

Hopefully the web swinging is as satisfying as Batman's gliding.

I didn't know people were complaining about that.
My guess is they got feedback from people at E3, which, hopefully, was valuable feedback. I want what will likely be the best super hero game this gen to be as good as possible

I enjoyed the Batman games (only played AA and AK), so I'm excited this game seems to be inspired by it.

Hopefully the web swinging is as satisfying as Batman's gliding.
You should give Arkham City a shot then, between the three that I've played, it was my favorite but Arkham Asylum isn't too far off. Never did get around to Arkham Origins but I'd bite if it came to the PS4

Wereroku

They didn't say they made it faster they said they made it easier to speed up. Those are two different things.

Rhanitan

good to know. I'll give it another look when it comes out. It would be nice if something finally beat or matched spiderman 2 web swinging. It needs a WOOSH! button for mid swing momentum.WOOOOSH!!

Why spin this negatively? Come the fuck on.

Why not simply think that after fan feedback they made a system faster that they hadn't demo'd yet at full speed yet and is still at a stage they can improve it and adapt the game around it.

We should be happy about this, not cynical. Some want realistic swinging, others want arcadey, they can't please both. A physics based one alongside skills is a decent balance.

Success

Quick question!
Has been confirmed that the web slinging is like Spiderman 2 where the web actually clings to buildings?

BigEmil

Quick question!
Has been confirmed that the web slinging is like Spiderman 2 where the web actually clings to buildings?
Spiderman 2 web slinging does not cling to buildings all the time though there's been proof of that look it up

Top Bottom