• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Juventus team up with Cygames

duckroll

c7arQQW.jpg

http://www.juventus.com/en/news/news/2017/juventus-team-up-with-cygames.php

Juventus will have a sponsor on the back of their shirts for the first time in history after a new, three-year sponsorship agreement was signed with Cygames.

While the design of the shirts itself is a nod to the Bianconeri's glorious past, the presence of the Cygames logo on the back is another clear indication that the club is pushing forward as part of its international development strategy.

The Japanese company is a leading producer of video games and forms part of the CyberAgent group, which is listed on the Tokyo Stock Exchange and the NASDAQ Stock Market in New York.

You hear that? Leading producer of video games. Mobile games are video games!

”This is a significant milestone for Juventus with a sponsor now appearing on the back of its shirts for the very first time," declared Giorgio Ricci, Co-Chief Revenue Officer and Head of Global Partnerships and Corporate Revenues at Juventus.

”The chance to form a partnership with a company of such international prestige played a great role in our decision-making to sign this deal and so it's with pride that we welcome Cygames to the Juventus sponsorship family. We share the same vision in that we both want to achieve excellence on a global level.

”This is a strategic partnership for Juventus, because it allows the club to penetrate the Japanese market and strengthen its standing in Asia. The fact that Cygames is a leading company in the entertainment sector demonstrates the close proximity between Juventus' image and experience-based assets."

Juventus is going to penetrate the Japanese market like how Cygames penetrated the wallets of all Granblue Fantasy fans!

”We're excited and honoured to have signed an agreement to become an Official Juventus Sponsor," said Cygames president Koichi Watanabe.

”The Cygames logo will appear on the back of the official Juventus jerseys for all domestic games and friendly matches.

”This partnership was written in the stars, as both of our brands are defined by the same two colours: black and white. Moreover, Juventus and Cygames share the same mission – to entertain people all over the world while conveying positive values."

The same Koichi Watanabe who just 8 years ago was still working at Silicon Studios and directing this game:

tzDNcRg.jpg

Cygames also created the Beast esports team and sponsored some FGC guys such as Daigo and Snake Eyez a couple months back. Seems like Cygames is doing pretty good for themselves.

duckroll

Cygames also created the Beast esports team and sponsored some FGC guys such as Daigo and Snake Eyez a couple months back. Seems like Cygames is doing pretty good for themselves.

They have a lot of money and can't seem to spend it all in one place. So yeah. Good times. :)

What on earth is a Cygames?

(seriously, never heard of them)

A mobile game developer headed by a bunch of guys who used to make console games at Silicon Studio. They exploded with the success of Rage of Bahamut, then Granblue Fantasy, and now Shadowverse. They've been spending A LOT of money in the past two years expanding into console development, anime production, eSports, and now real sports.

They have a lot of money and can't seem to spend it all in one place. So yeah. Good times. :)

A mobile game developer headed by a bunch of guys who used to make console games at Silicon Studio. They exploded with the success of Rage of Bahamut, then Granblue Fantasy, and now Shadowverse. They've been spending A LOT of money in the past two years expanding into console development, anime production, eSports, and now real sports.

Thanks

Pooya

They should use some of this money and hire actual card game designers. Shadowverse designers are big joke at this point.

Dragner

They should use some of this money and hire actual card game designers. Shadowverse designers are big joke at this point.

Yeah, they keep using the old 'Magic the gathering pros may be good at game design right?', that yeah, some are, but thats not always the case, and I bite already wizards of the coast and now is bitting Shadowverse.

Lucumo

Why would they waste their money on something like Juventus? I don't think that sponsorship will be worthwhile.

Fisico

It's been so long since then.

EDIT : While surprising it's on line with what they've been doing for years, they're not sitting on a pile of money and just investing everywhere left and right, so far as a consumer it only gave me good things so I can't complain.

Lucumo

Cuningas de Häme;243979171 said:
Heh.

Juventus is one of the best teams at the moment. Of course it is worthwhile.

And that status comes with a price. Do you think they will make that money back from the fans or people who look at it? I highly doubt it.

Pooya

I thought the appeal of Shadowverse was its card designs, that it's basically Hearthstone for weebs.

I mean the text of the cards. It's probably the worst balanced card game ever right now, it's hilarious how bad it is. You just flip a coin at the start, if you go first you win in 5 turns, if you go second...oops.

Why would they waste their money on something like Juventus? I don't think that sponsorship will be worthwhile.

What? Juventus is one the biggest brands in football and they almost won the Champions League. Sounds like a pretty good deal to me.

Shin

Banned
Cygames doing good business in the mobile space?
I only know SFV sponsorship and some of their mobile games, this seems quite the investment.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood

Juventus is undoubtly the strongest Italian club and one of the European strongest clubs, it won the Italian league 33 times, this year's title is the last of 6 consecutive ones and many times it reached the final or the final stages of the champions leage and it has probably the best goalkeeper ever(until the next year when he'll retire).

Trust me it's worth.

Usually larger companies sponsor better football teams. Also, those aren't niche as Cygames is.

Maybe they would prefer not to be niche. I see your point but mobile games are not really niche anymore. Juventus are famous the world over. Plenty of people will see this and ask "Who are Cygames?", google and find a link to their app store. The main sponsor of Juve is Jeep - who buys a car because they saw it on a football shirt? The answer, I suppose, is lots of people.

So, Juve players as gacha characters in Granblue?

I wouldn't be against that idea. Hopefully the legends are in there also.

Ok so I'm not even a fan of Juve but wtf is this?

LeleSocho

Banned
I wouldn't team up with a team that managed to lose 7 out of the 9 times it has managed to reach a CL final and that historically is known to be the biggest cheater in this sport (or at least the only stupid ones to get caught).
Good Luck with that Cygames!

Lucumo

Maybe they would prefer not to be niche. I see your point but mobile games are not really niche anymore. Juventus are famous the world over. Plenty of people will see this and ask "Who are Cygames?", google and find a link to their app store. The main sponsor of Juve is Jeep - who buys a car because they saw it on a football shirt? The answer, I suppose, is lots of people.

At least someone does (everybody else is posting completely beside the point). I would argue that cars are way less niche than mobile games and I would say Cygames is even niche there (outside of Japan). If they were producing some random puzzle games, it would be more appealing but with their games...I don't see it. Like I said, I doubt they will make that investment back.

artsi

And that status comes with a price. Do you think they will make that money back from the fans or people who look at it? I highly doubt it.

Sometimes you just have so much money you don't know where to put it.
Sometimes you just want to see your logo in a popular football club's shirt.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I mean seriously, these guys have games that print money, I doubt they're worrying about ROI that much.

At least someone does (everybody else is posting completely beside the point). I would argue that cars are way less niche than mobile games and I would say Cygames is even niche there (outside of Japan). If they were producing some random puzzle games, it would be more appealing but with their games...I don't see it. Like I said, I doubt they will make that investment back.

TBH I have never heard of them before so I can't talk about how wide their appeal is. I'll take your word for it. It's not unheard of for small tech companies who blow up to start throwing money around in hubris. I would guess they've run the numbers though.

Football is NFL, Superbowl etc.. Juventus is a soccer club not football

this is not a good idea

Top Bottom