• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Activision: Crash was #1 best selling physical game worldwide in June w/ only 2 days

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
The fan response to Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy has been tremendous with the title landing at number one worldwide in physical game sales, even though it was only on shelves for two days in June.2 We're thrilled that there seems to be a whole lot of people out there who love Crash as much we do," said Eric Hirshberg, CEO of Activision. ”To thank Crash fans, we're excited to release Stormy Ascent, the infamous unfinished level from the original game for the very first time. And it's free to fans for the first month. We look forward to watching some epic speed runs online!"
Additionally, fans can now send each other Crash Bandicoot emojis by downloading the free CrashMoji™ app.
Source: http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20170720006351/en/Crash-Bandicoot-N.-Sane-Trilogy-Takes-San

EWmof.gif
p0QHO.gif

go6

Neo Member
From the press release

The notorious Stormy Ascent level was not finished and not released in the original Crash Bandicoot. Activision's team at Vicarious Visions completed it, and for the first time, players who own the Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy can get their hands on the full level by downloading it from the PlayStation® Store free of charge for 30 days1 starting today through August 19. Stormy Ascent will challenge even the most hardcore Crash fans with vial-throwing lab assistants, flying birds, retracting steps, iron spikes, and much more!

Welfare

This will grow bigger if the Xbox One version actually does come out this year.

CTR is for sure getting the green light, and probably a brand new platformer.

Well deserved. Minus a few things, the Trilogy was amazing!

I'd love to see CTR done but... keep up this same formula and make an original game! No need to deviate from it too much, that's where the last few Crash games went wrong.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
How many were repeat customers who broke their initial copies because of the game being harder than before ?
/s

Congrats to all parties involved. Here's hoping this opens the way for more PS1-era IPs to get revived.

Acti really fucked up getting enough stock out there though, at least in the U.K.

Great sales for just 2 days. I said it before but it was the right product, at the right time, at the right price.

ghibli99

Gotta admit I'm way more invested in these games this time around than I was back in the PS1 generation. As frustrated as they make me, I can't stop playing.

Richie

My first ever Playstation game properly played, not to mention beaten, was Crash 1 within this release. My utmost congratulations to the team for some well deserved sales on their awesome work.

Top Bottom