• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bounty Battle on FIG - Your favorite indie heroes brawl (consoles,PC)

https://www.fig.co/campaigns/bounty-battle
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M0Xe9nzdkxU
Planned for PC, Switch, PS4, Xbox

oH5YDYn.gif
STFBqwm.gif

Characters come from:
Guacamelee
Owlboy
Darkest Dungeon
Nuclear Throne
Axiom Verge
Battle Chasers
Eitr
Jotun
Death's Gambit
Flinthook

among others...

In Bounty Battle, characters from Darkest Dungeon, Awesomenauts, Guacamelee (and many more) meet up for the ultimate indie fighting game!

Up to 4 players compete against each other using characters from their favorite indie games across levels from their favorite indie game worlds!
Bounty Battle features more than 20 indie characters and 10 unique Bounty Battle fighters to choose from, each with their own unique playstyles and combat abilities.

The roster is composed of 30 heroes including 20 indie characters and can expand up to 48 heroes, each with their own powers.
After the release of the game, the addition of new indie guest characters will be released as free DLC.

Beyond local co-op, Bounty Battle offers even more ways to play, like in arcade and challenge modes with online rankings! Want to unlock even more content? Players can do so in Story Mode:

MUnited83

For you.
Looks great. Curious to see what extra characters they are considering adding. Shovel Knight needs to be in this.

J-Tier

Oh yeah! This is sweet. I want to see Commander Video, Octodad, Skullgirls/Indivisble, Red (Transistor) and Quote (Cave Story) up in this.

Definitely looks unique.

From that video it looks like there was a plane system a LA Fatal Fury being used but I couldn't find anything from reading up on their campaign page.

Also wondering what the up to 48 Heroes means?
Do they already know the 48 already?

sephi22

Year of fighting games is getting ridiculous. Now we're getting fighting games out of properties we didn't even expect.

Not complaining though. In for PS4 version

Afrodium

Banned
Shovel Knight and the Spelunky guy are notable absences

Edit: This game looks cool and the only thing people are going to talk about are what characters aren't in it

Tank Jr.

Neo Member
Where is Isaac? I want to guilt opponents for beating a child then cry on their backs when they aren't looking.

One issue I have with indie smash esque things like this and that kart game is they miss some of the bigger indies, the ones I would like to see.

Shovel Knight
Shantae
Undyne or Sans
If this were 5 years ago, Steve

jediyoshi

Woof, they need to calm down with the editing effects, YouTube turned that video into a blur.

Looks neat, surprised how much of it it looks like they've developed before the point of actually doing crowd funding.

Sami+

God, why can nobody get the animation and sound effects as good as Smash? :/

I want platform fighters to take off sooooooo so so bad and was really excited for Icons but it's just bizarre. The only one besides Smash that looks and feels like it has weight is Rivals. Gonna keep an eye on this and maybe it was just the editing style of the trailer that threw me off.

I want platform fighters to take off sooooooo so so bad and was really excited for Icons but it's just bizarre. The only one besides Smash that looks and feels like it has weight is Rivals. Gonna keep an eye on this and maybe it was just the editing style of the trailer that threw me off.

I don't think this is a platform fighter.

MAtgS

One issue I have with indie smash esque things like this and that kart game is they miss some of the bigger indies, the ones I would like to see.

Shovel Knight
Shantae
Undyne or Sans
If this were 5 years ago, Steve

They can always join later down the line if this is successful enough. Also, FNAF, Freedom Planet, & Yooka-Laylee too.

Malyse

I don't think this is a platform fighter.

The fact that we can't tell is pretty damning.

LordKano

So it's a Smash clone, right ? A bit disappointed if it's just that but at least it seems to have understood that you need a coherent art direction amongst all characters to fit them well.

Speely

Banned
Call me crazy but a hero slasher with all these characters would be amazing.

Keeping my eye on this nontheless.

CHC

Get Hollow Knight, Shovel Knight, Super Meat Boy, Fez, and some Hotline Miami dude in there and then you'll be cooking with gas.

shaowebb

IT HAS AXIOM VERGE!
Just hook it to my veins. I've fantasized about Trace in a fighter enough to want this. Here's hoping Freedom Planet and Rogue Legacy make it in.

EDIT:OOoh...someone who knows how to use the Spine 2D squash and stretch mesh stuff to a high level. Very sexy stuff comes of that.

xfbtP7D.gif

zashga

Needs more Cadence imho.

So is this a Smash clone or more of a traditional fighter? Controls seem a little on the complicated side of it's the former.

PSqueak

Banned
Needs more Cadence imho.

So is this a Smash clone or more of a traditional fighter? Controls seem a little on the complicated side of it's the former.

People will argue for several pages about this counting as a smash clone, but it sure as fuck isn't a traditional fighter.

shaowebb

Im all for it. I love the whole Spine 2d thing. It lets an artist essentially do pinup art levels of details then cut the body into layers and animate them with good squash and stretch options to blend in frames in a manner that doesn't just result in normal flash style puppeteering looking bone and bind things.

Its pretty much a Vanillaware style animation program for quality 2d Artists to enjoy since recreating the level of detail per frame on a pinup is otherwise not feasible for them.

Stuff can look really pretty in 2d Spine. Here's another example from artist Hwadock Jang's demo on youtube of the software.

https://zippy.gfycat.com/TheseNaughtyCaribou.webm

If a game is using this properly I am always down. This game looks like its got some folks that know how to use just like Hwadock there from what their reels show on their site. Hwadock is not part of this but you get the idea how nice the tech in Bounty Battle is from his vid of him using it for his own works.

Anno

Seems like a neat little game and there's basically infinite room to add new characters in the future. I hope it does well on Fig.

Speely

Banned
Cool thing about this is that adding new characters will prolly be easier from a licensing standpoint since they will be from indie IPs. From a technical and balance perspective, it will of course be a more and more difficult task, but it's nice to think that a game like this could potentially include characters from future indie gems as dlc.

Edit: pretty much beaten

Seems like a neat little game and there's basically infinite room to add new characters in the future. I hope it does well on Fig.

Agreed!

Top Bottom