• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Each Online match in Splatoon 2 barely consumes ~3% of battery

I've been playing S2 online for an hour and have been looking at the battery level after each match.

It consumes between 2 and 4% of battery, which is quite impressive if you ask me for an online game given the hardware and the power capacity Switch's battery has.

Extended and more accurate tests sure will pop up soon, but I think that playing about 30 online matches with a single charge of battery is something remarkable and thread-worthy.

zelas

OP, you really should have finished the math on this equation. Your weird test basically says battery life doesn't last as long as Nintendo advertises.

OCD Guy

3% per match would be great if the matches lasted like 15 minutes lol.

I'm finding the battery life terrible playing this game. I wish the Switch was more powerful but can you imagine the battery life.....

I did try playing while connected to the charger but man the fan noise get's loud.

kadotsu

Banned
Imagine the power consumption if your Switch had to send sound to one of those massive headsets for voice chat. Nintendo did us a favor with their app.

CookTrain

Imagine the power consumption if your Switch had to send sound to one of those massive headsets for voice chat. Nintendo did us a favor with their app.

Really, it's forward thinking. If you phone is USB-C as well, there's a good chance you can use it charge your Switch.

Now your phone AND Switch can last... an extra 4 minutes or something. Innovative!

Head.spawn

How much from power-on to end of one match?

Matches only take 3 minutes, so the battery only lasts ~100 minutes? That doesn't sound good.

Well, I guess if you were planning to have a back-to-back 26 round tournament. You'd maybe need to reign it back in to 24 or 25 matches to make sure you're within your bounds.

Big Nikus

How I picture OP :

itMcsy5.gif

lmao

that's atrocious.

If and when the Switch XL with a bigger battery bank comes out, my OG Switch is getting traded faster than a battery dying during a Spla2oon match.

Nairume

Banned
For what it's worth, off of a full charge, I got 11 Turf Wars matches in (confirming through SplatNet), both Salmon Run tutorial levels (probably spent at least 5 minutes each), then did a full session of Salmon Run, and then spent some time dicking around in the hub (including testing weapons). By the end of that, my battery was around 70%, with sound mostly cranked up, brightness at mid-high, and wifi on (obviously).

Also considering time spent in menus and going between matches, it's still not that great, but the average is probably a lot less drastic than 1% a minute.

edit:
Also, I guess dicking around in the hub also included stopping to take a screencap of somebody's not-miiverse post, then tweeting it, and reposting it elsewhere.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
Maybe the OP is just used to the amazing battery life of his phone while playing Pokémon Go.

Persona7

Banned
The switch battery is complete dog shit. They launched this system 1-2 years too early. Glad I skipped this game after the app fiasco. Going to offload my switch ASAP because I am sick of the shit battery life and horrible online infrastructure.

Actually I dont think its too bad, compare it to gaming notebooks that only last 1.5-2 hours while gaming.

Even Vita wasnt that great online, consumed a larger chunk then normal.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
thread backfire?

because that's horrible battery life.

demand better from Nintendo.

The switch battery is complete dog shit. They launched this system 1-2 years too early. Glad I skipped this game after the app fiasco. Going to offload my switch ASAP because I am sick of the shit battery life and horrible online infrastructure.
You guys do know this is the best battery you can possibly get while keeping the switch as is, right?

The Switch uses a standard Lithium Ion battery, right? That is non-removable because reasons? And has a standard lifetime of 2-3 years or ~300 recharges? So if a single charge lasts 90 minutes, this means that you get to enjoy approximately 450 hours of sweet Splatoon 2 gameplay roaming idly through luxurious public parks with free Wifi before your Switch becomes a paperweight that has to be sent to Nintendo for battery replacement because reasons.

Top Bottom