• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SQEN Rpg Lost Sphear release date 12 October 2017 for Japan (PS4/Switch)

Kanann

DFkCKJDUIAASJuE

Source: Takashi Mochizuki (WSJ)

Setsuna me if old

z0m3le

Banned
I'm pretty interested in these lower budget RPGs, between this and project octopath traveler, I am starting to get excited for JRPGs again.

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
let's wait and see if they can release it in the west by november >>
probably won't but hey, who knows.

maybe I'll import tho.

Slaythe

I'm pretty interested in these lower budget RPGs, between this and project octopath traveler, I am starting to get excited for JRPGs again.

I wish lower budget meant shorter games with strong art direction gameplay and story.

Not "discount" everything tbh.

z0m3le

Banned
I wish lower budget meant shorter games with strong art direction gameplay and story.

Not "discount" everything tbh.

We are getting strong AAA and AA JRPGs such as Persona 5, Dragon Quest 11 and Xenoblade 2.

and while I agree that this game looks a little bland in art direction, it might focus more on telling a compelling story, a lot of games during the SNES RPG era were very similar looking, but they focused on story telling, so I have some hope here, also Octopath Traveler has a pretty strong art direction IMO::

Kanann

Don't want to shit on new young blood team, but on scale of boring metre.

I am Setsunap = over 9000, Didn't know why I finished it in 2 days, maybe pity or money.
Lost Sleepy = around 6000 judging from trailer

Young laddddsssss, use your crazynessss moreeeeee.

Tailzo

I preordered the pysical game for Switch from Square Enix. Looking forward to it, I am Setsuna was simple and nice.

Mory Dunz

Really? I've had the opposite feeling. And the fact I could cut a better trailer and have, doesn't help.

I am wanting to see more of Octopath though. I like how that looks so far.

edit:
to your other post, the only issue I have with octopath is the lighting is too overbearing, so I hope that it's changed or was only for the trailer. No need for all that bloom and random vignette

z0m3le

Banned
Really? I've had the opposite feeling. And the fact I could cut a better trailer and have, doesn't help.

I am wanting to see more of Octopath though. I like how that looks so far.

edit:
to your other post, the only issue I have with octopath is the lighting is too overbearing, so I hope that it's changed or was only for the trailer. No need for all that bloom and random vignette

I think that the push for JRPGs back onto consoles is important for the genre to have any real future, it's been mostly gone from console gaming during last generation with a few exceptions.

As for OPT, I feel that games that are still in development should get a pass on details like that, it's not going to be in development for a year+ since that trailer and not see changes to it's final look, it's more about art direction, and in terms of that, I'm optimistic that we will get something interesting from this game.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
At least the OST isn't pure piano only.

IAS's music sounded great on paper (pure piano only for everything) but it all started sounding the same and kinda boring.

Jolkien

Hopefully it'll end up better than I am Setsuna, that was one forgettable experience with the, in my opinion poorly designed Flux system.

They shouldn't have make people think of Chrono Trigger while speaking about the game, I probably went in with my expectations too high.

Exentryk

Will be there day 1 on PC whenever it comes to the west. It likely would just be an average experience, but it's relaxing JRPG comfort food and I'm always down for that.

sphinx

the piano man
this brings hope.

this looks exactly like SE's B-tier efforts during the DS/PSP era (like mana games, FF spin-offs, and other IP)

I want that SE back please, just release more games.

stop holding on to AAA, 10-year-dev-cycles of FF/DQ/KH games

Tailzo

this brings hope.

this looks exactly like SE's B-tier efforts during the DS/PSP era (like mana games, FF spin-offs, and other IP)

I want that SE back please, just release more games.

stop holding on to AAA, 10-year-dev-cycles of FF/DQ/KH games

I agree. I didn't have high expectations for I am Setsuna, so I enjoyed the little rpg they made.

Top Bottom