• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Any service that ships authentic NYC tap water?

Proelite

Good thin crust pizza aka the best version of pizza is hard to find in Seattle. I want to try making it myself but read somewhere that the tap water in NYC is one of the reasons that the version in NYC is unique.

Thinking about a trusted service only since it's easy for me to get scammed with regular tap water. Don't want to throw $100 down the drain literally.

Hilbert

Deep into his 30th decade
You have about a million paths to go down in trying to replicate it before getting to the tap water.

nullref

The water's the last thing you should be worrying about if you're just starting out trying to make pizza.

(Also, Seattle has some really good pizza?)

odiin

My Apartment, or the 120 Screenings of Salo
You can probably get it wherever they sell those $13,000 HDMI cables.

GrapeApes

Let me know if you find out. I like dipping pizza crusts in water before I eat it. If NYC got that GOAT water I need it in my life.

Seems needlessly obsessive. Pizza has like thirty total ingredients, if you make it from scratch. Put more money into things you'll actually taste.

NH Apache

Banned
I have so many questions for the op that I don't even know where to start lol

Nyc=/best pizza

But if you're trying to recreate it, I can assure you NYC tap water is not the missing marker

By the time NYC tap water gets to you it'll be different due to the different magnetic forces and cosmic rays where you are anyway.

andycapps

Just learn how to make pizza dough with the water you have. Once you master that, maybe think about importing tap water from across the country.
It's not worth it.

midramble

Pizza, Bourbon, and Thanos
Glad people are in the know about that being bunk. Proofing method is far more important. And of course the ingredients. From my understanding warm proofing is a big part of it. Don't forget wheat.

Pizza is my life and NY pizza is my mecca. The whole range of NY slices. Honestly though I'd almost kill for the entire recipe and process for the dirt cheap 2 bros slice.

Gallbaro

Banned
The water's the last thing you should be worrying about if you're just starting out trying to make pizza.

(Also, Seattle has some really good pizza?)
It is the water (and local supplier everyone gets ingredients from) NY tap water has Tony shellfish in it.

When I lived in AR I use to have pizza overnighted to me. And that is not unheard of.

Y'all are talking like the OP is nuts but I have a friend that moved out to California and tells me it is impossible to get good pizza crust there due to the water.

So this isn't just a one person thing.

midramble

Pizza, Bourbon, and Thanos
Y'all are talking like the OP is nuts but I have a friend that moved out to California and tells me it is impossible to get good pizza crust there due to the water.

So this isn't just a one person thing.

It's method. Cali is about toppings. Don't care about the skin. Skin sauce and cheese are the fundamentals. Skin is the foundation. Good pizza is centered on this. Cali is not.

Tigress

Just go to Brooklyn Brothers Pizza. My super picky husband who is from Long Island highly endorses it and says it is better than the place he used to go to in Long Island. The original and best location (but the other one I like too) is the Everett one. So it's a small drive but prolly easier than shipping water.

Wag

5612005864_d9a614a700.jpg

The water is what makes the bagels good.

https://atlanta.eater.com/2012/10/9/6540861/what-makes-brooklyn-water-bagels-different

There's a whole chain based off that. Go in there and ask them if they use "Brooklyn water". lol

NJSlay

Banned
Sauce to Cheese ratio seems to be a pretty key factor. Non tri-staters seem to have some kind of mental block when it comes to their thin slices. All cheese and like a teaspoon of sauce. No bueno man, no bueno.

Gilbals

Banned
Secret recipe for NYC water: Don't TELL ANYONE.

One parts dead rat

2 parts lead

1 fluid oz. water

15 fluid oz. recycled sewage

1 12 volt duralast car battery (it can't be Interstate, that gives you Chicago water)

Let sit 3 days in open air outside to fully tepid

bam one bottle of NYC water.

Gallbaro

Banned
Secret recipe for NYC water: Don't TELL ANYONE.

One parts dead rat

2 parts lead

1 fluid oz. water

15 fluid oz. recycled sewage

1 12 volt duralast car battery (it can't be Interstate, that gives you Chicago water)

Let sit 3 days in open air outside to fully tepid

bam one bottle of NYC water.

You left out the shrimp.

Chi-town checking in. What's this about NYC pizza being good??

http://www.cc.com/video-clips/8o83j9/the-daily-show-with-jon-stewart-tower-record

Top Bottom