• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Have we come to the end of toilet technology?

We piss/shit in a toilet or a hole in some parts of the world and then we flush it.

How could his process be even improved? If we look at science fiction we've seen teleporters replace travel; replicators to replace a kitchen and lasers instead of bullets.

Have we seem anything for the toilet? Nope.

In star trek you never see any one take a piss or shit, nor so you see any toilet device. You hear references to a sonic shower but it looks just like a regular shower.

We have seen the 3 seashells in demolition man.

So is the future a pill you take that destroys the shit and piss inside you? Or press a button and beam it out of you?

The Argus

You know what, you're right. WTF, Luke Skywalker never leaves a steamer in the 4 films we've seen him in. I blame the Illuminati.

fTdTZNm_d.jpg

Shitting in a hole and the shit then vanishing from sight is probably here to stay, but I expect that the removal process will be greatly improved. It's a huge waste of good, drinkable water the way we do things now.

Biske

Just waiting to have a tiny anus portal installed on my ass that teleports the shit to some shit planet and I can effectively shit at will with no cleanup.

For those of you into anal, penetration will work as normal as the portal only works on the other side.

You're welcome.

ultron87

As long as stuff needs to physically travel through a pipe to get out of your vicinity we're kind of stuck with the toilet model. Unless there was some energy efficient way to destroy the waste I can't think of a good way around this.

gcubed

The only solution would be to remove the need to expel it. Just make it so you don't ever have to take a shit

L Thammy

In The Ripping Friends, in the future world of Next Thursday the cat has a psychic helmet that allows him to teleport his poo to the litter box.

Monocle

Science shouldn't rest until we can teleport turds directly into Donald Trump's mouth whenever he drops a hot new tweet.

Semajer

I remember seeing a TV programme a while back in which scientists were working on the next generation of toilets that would vaporise turds into plasma and use it to power the house.

I want to live to see this future.

Retro

I feel like the next big step for bathroom technology is going to move everything into a singular shower stall, something like hoses that sense where you're standing and automatically extend and press against /seal your respective bits. You just release and it catches everything and gently cleaning the exposed skin while it whisks the waste away, then retracts and sterilizes for the next use. The sensor could also incorporate a bunch of other useful features like posture, balance, changes in skin hue (lack of vitamins that produce more jaundiced skin, for example) scan your skin for new moles while showering, etc.

I mean, eventually, we'll probably just get all of our nutrition in pill form, negating the need for solid waste, and just have reclamation suits ala Dune for the fluids.

Everything was Stillsuit. Mm, tasty stillsuit juice.

Stinkles knows what's up. He's down with the 'Dib. /fistbump

Bill Gates says no

Man, reading Bill's face he's clearly thinking "Ah man, I'm not drinking that, that's poo water."

We should be able to shit into his bowels so that he spends the rest of his presidency in the men's room.

I've long speculated that he'll go out like Elvis; a massive heart attack while straining on the shitter. Just look at his diet and stress levels, he'll probably be trying to force it out during a Fox News commercial break and be in the middle of a rage tweet when it hits him. Going out on the floor of a White House bathroom with his skid-marked undies (Made in China!) around his ankles still seems like way too dignified of a way to go for him, so let's quietly hope it's on an chilly steel prison toilet instead.

tumblr_m85g52rtjC1rt3fn2.gif

No joke, I want toilets free of splash back.

They say the best ideas come to you on the can, but all I can ever think of is how to implement a splash free toilet.

Retro

No joke, I want toilets free of splash back.

They say the best ideas come to you on the can, but all I can ever think of is how to implement a splash free toilet.

Dude, just lay a single layer of toilet paper in the water first to avoid Poseidon's Kiss.

dunno if true but I heard that you never see toilets or pissing/shitting people in the Star Trek universe because urine/feces get beamed out of the body once you feel the need.

Apparently the "computer" tracks your bladder/bowel status all the time and goes into action when needed.

jwk94

Just waiting to have a tiny anus portal installed on my ass that teleports the shit to some shit planet and I can effectively shit at will with no cleanup.

For those of you into anal, penetration will work as normal as the portal only works on the other side.

You're welcome.
Until it malfunctions... That could be a fetish in the making!

japan and korea is waiting till the rest of the world catch up.

But of course we haven't. Do you know how much interesting medical information is flushed? toilets could conceivably analyse everything and keep a log. But then there would have to be an anus recognition chip so that alcoholic drug addicted friends don't use your loo and muck up your data log.

hobozero

Japan and Korea have better, more advanced toilets.

oiIdY.jpg

I'll see your japanese toilet, and raise you a South Korean one. (International First Class Lounge in Incheon - greatest poop of my life)

az8aQBr.jpg

hMwv3oE.jpg

Had more spray options than the Japanese toilets I tried, more force, and a BLOW DRY.

Top Bottom