• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So 2 weeks before release.. and theres still no gameplay videos for Madden 18

What the heck EA..

Has this happened before? How come we have no gameplay videos but cinematic "In Engine" trailers?

The only thing we have is this "What's new" trailer which shows quick flashes of some highlights "In Engine" and the longshot trailer and the teaser trailer.

This game releases August 17th thanks to EA access.

Not a bash Madden thread but im just curious why this happned

Amneisac

Because they know we will all buy it anyways because it features the visage of our lord and savior, Tom Brady. #GOAT

Jtrizzy

I'm going to try not to buy it this year for the first time since the original. I bought last years and literally never played it.

dmackin01

Neo Member
I bet they probably put most (read: all) of their focus and effort into the new cinematic story mode.

I liked 17's gameplay and the story seems like a fun addition, but I'll play it once and then do an online league with my friends like I do every year.

Champloo4

It's a football game what gameplay besides football is there

This year also has the FIFA Journey-like story mode "Longshot."
(I really wish EA would release this as a digital-only option, too for like $15. I think they did this with the most recent Fight Night.)

5YOvegp.png

h1nch

Yeah it is a bit odd to not have much gameplay footage at this point. Either there isn't much of a change this year, or the game is in really bad shape.

Was there a playable demo at E3 this year?

I haven't paid much attention to it this year because I only buy madden like once every 3-5 yrs now.

Tagg9

Isn't this year's Madden the first to use the Frostbite engine? Maybe they're having a difficult time making the transition.

Top Bottom