• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Doujin Games at Comiket 92

kadotsu

Banned
The Sakuna title (27 minutes in) looks pretty good. Commercial level good. I hope the Bitsummit illuminati can make some moves for an international release of that one.

MKIL65

21:22 - Unlike a combo system, this game has a "conbo" system!

35:14 - This game has more floaty jumping than Littlebigplanet.

It's also unexpected to see 2 fanmade tower defense Touhou games in 1 video...

squall23

Wasn't Sakuna suppose to come out last Comiket?

Oh hey, Magical Battle Arena Next looks fun. I remember playing the original way back when.

Kudo

qpI8k0Z.jpg

Cover art for this years catalogs.

Time to start watching the vid, hopefully I'll spot some interesting new ones.

Aters

If we can get more RPGs in the same vein as Ruina, that would be swell.

edit: lol 15:27 is that anime mod for Skyrim?

Fancolors

That game at 34:00 looks sick.

And I have no idea what the game at 41:00 is supposed to be, but I assume it is a competitive versus puzzle game akin to Puyo and with some rhythm game mechanics. Looks interesting.

I watched it all! There's some good stuff in this.
Female protagonists are the norm in the indie japanese game scene! So many gothic lolitas! I've spotted a serious number of Touhou character, are they legit licensed games?

The Seafood Duel Simulator © is my favorite. PS4 port please.

Deft Beck

Lots of cool games to look at, per usual. And with Bitsummit growing every year, many of more of them will probably end up on Steam.

What on Earth is that Random Blowout game towards the end? Looks super dark.

wonzo

Banned
kinda wanna play that Ghost9 thing. dunno if its a series as i've seen it in so many of these things tho

Wish the games were timestamped in the description. They never are. :/

link in the description has timestamps on the side bar

Any shmups?

yeah

https://youtu.be/u1-HvQcBeJM

Full C92 trailer for. Edelweiss.

Rocket Tron around the 15:50 mark

Cockatrice Battle Arena around 17:10

Armed Dragoon around 37:30

Rolling Gunner around 38:00

Metal Mosquit around 39:40

There are probably others in there. I was just skimming through.

Edit: just saw that there was a thread for C92 that also links the trailer's official page with all the games.

Kumubou

I watched it all! There's some good stuff in this.
Female protagonists are the norm in the indie japanese game scene! So many gothic lolitas! I've spotted a serious number of Touhou character, are they legit licensed games?
The Touhou games aren't licensed... and they don't need to be. ZUN explicitly allows the characters and setting to be used for doujin games with no real practical restriction beyond how the games are sold. (This kind of undersells how weird the licensing is, but in short they're fully allowed to make fangames.) There is a licensing process for commercial sales -- that's how some of these games end up on the PS4 and the characters/music showing up in arcade games like Sound Voltex and Pump It Up.

cj_iwakura

The 9999999999 game looks pretty twisted.

The Touhou games aren't licensed... and they don't need to be. ZUN explicitly allows the characters and setting to be used for doujin games with no real practical restriction beyond how the games are sold. (This kind of undersells how weird the licensing is, but in short they're fully allowed to make fangames.) There is a licensing process for commercial sales -- that's how some of these games end up on the PS4 and the characters/music showing up in arcade games like Sound Voltex and Pump It Up.

Well, remixes at least. I don't think an actual Touhou song has been in a rhythm game.

Bad Apple in Prime is still amazing though. (It also has some vocaloid tracks.)

Top Bottom