• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is Destiny 2 68 GB or 29 GB?

Gamezone

Gold Member
According to PSN, Destiny 2 will be 68 GB. According to Xbox Live, it`ll be 29 GB? Has this been confirmed yet?

kadotsu

Banned
It could be a case of XBOX not downloading the complete EFIGS sound files or PS4 already having some 4k assets.

MrS

Banned
PSN store is all the confirmation you need. There may be an additional day one patch though.

Theorry

According to PSN, Destiny 2 will be 68 GB. According to Xbox Live, it`ll be 29 GB? Has this been confirmed yet?

The download is 28gb and when you start up the game it will "unpack" resulting in 68gb
D1 had the same with 18gb download and 40gb install.

renzolama

Playstation gets 39 gigs of exclusive content.

9egXe_s-200x150.gif

Theorry

I didn`t think they used such compression methods on consoles.

Not sure but thats what happened.
Xbox Live says also 68gb btw.

Minimum 68 GB available hard drive storage space required as of September 2017. Storage requirements subject to increase. After September 2017, see www.destinythegame.com/size-requirements for current requirements prior to purchase. May require additional storage for set-up, features and updates, including to download mandatory in-game updates to continue playing. Users responsible for fees for broadband internet, which is required. Additional charges may apply for online content and features. Significant elements and functionality require Xbox Live Gold subscription, sold separately. See www.destinythegame.com for details. Terms and conditions apply.

TwoDurans

"Never said I wasn't a hypocrite."
Destiny 1 had a small install before the disc launched, then a sizeable one after you launched the app. Perhaps XBL is only showing the first one.

Theorry

Unpacking only happens with Steam. If you fully download the game before it releases on PS4, you can play it the second it's available.

Sigh please read what i posted. The same thing happened with D1 on launch.

Destiny 1 had a small install before the disc launched, then a sizeable one after you launched the app. Perhaps XBL is only showing the first one.

Yeah indeed. Keep saying that.

Max_Po

Banned
I can assure you it will be 0 gig on my PS4 Pro.

just got a freakin Vortex Race 3 w/ Cherry MX Brown..... I am typing away

Theorry

Question is if it's unpacking offline or downloading more content online while doing that?

It goes pretty quick tho. I mean i have fast internet but not that fast. Maybe abit of both. Dont know. But on Xbox Live page it also says 68gb and the preload reserves already 29gb. So i guess thats gonna be the same thing as PS4. As i believe Xbox people also download the exclusive stuff already.

V1ctIm

Neo Member
Mmm, that Pro hdd is going to feel soooo good. I keep deleting games just to play others currently. It'll be great not to have to for a while. :)

Gamezone

Gold Member
It goes pretty quick tho. I mean i have fast internet but not that fast. Maybe abit of both. Dont know. But on Xbox Live page it also says 68gb and the preload reserves already 29gb. So i guess thats gonna be the same thing as PS4. As i believe Xbox people also download the exclusive stuff already.

What does that mean? You download 29 GB, but at release the game increaases to 68 GB?

Probably just means they haven't submitted the full game package to the Xbox Live servers yet, I assume it'll say ~68 closer to launch.

Top Bottom