• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Coen Brothers’ ‘The Ballad Of Buster Scruggs’ Western Anthology Series Set At Netflix

berzeli

Banned
The Coen Brothers are set to write and direct The Ballad of Buster Scruggs, a Western anthology series, for premiere on Netflix in 2018.

The project, produced by Annapurna Television, will feature six tales about the American frontier told through the unique and incomparable voice of Joel and Ethan Coen. Each chapter will feature a distinct story about the American West. It will star Tim Blake Nelson as Buster, and many others.
“We are streaming motherfuckers!,” said Joel Coen and Ethan Coen.
Via Deadline
Uh. Yes please.

-Plasma Reus-

Service guarantees member status
HOLY FUCK

Edit:
Wait, is this a genuine attempt at a western or is this some comedic take on it. Because I would hate that.

More and more film directors, writers and stars are delving into TV and this is great.

This is what I wanted since the Fargo TV series was first announced.

lush

More details including brief episode summaries:

“The Ballad of Buster Scruggs” is a feature-length omnibus consisting of six separate stories, all Westerns.

The first of the six is about a singing cowboy and is the title story.

The second, “Near Algodones,” is about a high-plains drifter whose own fecklessness dogs his attempts at bank robbery and cattle driving.

The third, “Meal Ticket,” follows an actor and impresario of a traveling show.

The fourth, “All Gold Canyon,” is about a prospector who happily finds a gold seam but then unhappily finds an evil encroacher.

The fifth, “The Gal Who Got Rattled,” follows two trail bosses on the Oregon Trail and a woman on the wagon train who needs the help of one of them and who might be a marriage prospect for the other.

Lastly, “The Mortal Remains,” about the five very different passengers on a stagecoach of mysterious destination.

https://www.abqjournal.com/1025040

Commas, please

Also I'm super hyped

yUk5X16.gif

more and more prominent directors and actors are flocking to streaming these days, why the change? i guess Netflix offers a shitload of cash upfront? dont have to worry about box office sales?

LordRaptor

more and more prominent directors and actors are flocking to streaming these days, why the change? i guess Netflix offers a shitload of cash upfront? dont have to worry about box office sales?

Seems like there's basically zero executive meddling too, which has got to be a draw for people who've fought against the studio system for awhile

Top Bottom