• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Teens accused of putting a crying baby in a fridge and posting the video on Snapchat

http://www.cnn.com/2017/08/10/us/teens-video-baby-refrigerator-charges-trnd/index.html

(CNN) - Two teens are facing charges after a video posted to Snapchat allegedly shows them putting a baby inside a refrigerator, authorities said.

The girls were baby-sitting the infant on Monday in Danvers, Massachusetts, while the infant's mother took a shower, she told CNN Boston affiliate WCVB.

Police in nearby Swampscott were alerted that evening, Essex District Attorney's Office spokesman Steve O'Connell told CNN. In the video, you see a young infant crying before being placed inside a refrigerator by one of the teens, who appears to be laughing. The baby continues to cry as the door to the fridge is closed.

It's unclear from the video how long the baby was inside the appliance but officials say the baby did not suffer any injuries.

The teens were arrested and charged Tuesday with child endangerment and assault and battery with a dangerous weapon, O'Connell told CNN. They were arraigned the same day in Salem juvenile court. It was not clear whether they were in custody or out on bond.

The child's mother told WCVB she was horrified when she found out what happened. One of the teens is her niece, the baby's cousin.
"I know she wouldn't hurt my daughter and that wasn't her intentions. I think it was all foolishness, stupidity," the baby's mother said. "I will no longer be leaving my children with my niece or her friends again ever in my life."

If they dont play blue whale or pour hot water over themselves they put babys in fridges.

Wtf is wrong with these teens jesus.

FZZ

Banned
If they dont play blue whale or pour hot water over themselves they put babys in fridges.

Wtf is wrong with these teens jesus.

Hey fam we had a thread about a member that semi convinced a 14 year old to runaway

this the new age

Kayhan

I want to believe they meant it as a - misguided - joke and took the baby out literally a second later.

The alternative is stupidity on a whole new level.

I want to believe they meant it as a - misguided - joke and took the baby out literally a second later.

The alternative is stupidity on a whole new level.
That's what I'm thinking, too. It's just that they have no idea how dangerous it is to do that for even a second.

mcfrank

Really glad I wasn't live streaming all the stupid shit I was doing at 14 (though never anything as dumb as putting a baby in the fridge)

Assuming the baby was in there for seconds, but its still a fucking baby and the sudden change and darkness is traumatic.

Fuck them

As a father of a two year old that makes the term "terrible two's" the understatement of the century, I can sympathize.

Seriously though, these kids are fucking dumb. I hope they don't try anything this stupid again.

rtcn63

In the video, you see a young infant crying before being placed inside a refrigerator by one of the teens, who appears to be laughing.

All I can picture is Lil Ze from City of God

"I'm going to put him in the fridge; we'll get tons of likes"

"Hey, let's share that video of the man drowning, sure we'll get tons of comments"

"I'm going to stream how I kill my sister"

At the end of the day, they're putting a baby in a 30 degree F environment for a short period of time. Its weird and I would never do something like that but I would be a lot more outraged if they put the baby in an oven, microwave, freezer for a short period of time.

Permanently A

There's a way to do this joke without leaving a baby in a fucking fridge.

Adventures_03d081_2358677.jpg

Sun Drugs

I'm reading some responses about understanding the joke they were going for...is this a thing people do? Am I missing something?

ChrisD

I mean you could have made the "Ice, Ice, Baby" joke by taking a snapshot of the closed fridge, and then taking another shot of an open fridge where someone is carefully holding the baby on the edge (sitting on a towel/blanket so it's not too cold) sitting beside two big ice towers. The baby may even be smiling because you're not doing anything frightening! But... Umm... I guess they didn't think things beyond putting a baby in a freezer.

Alternatively, picture of ice tower in fridge, picture of ice tower in fridge, picture of baby as set-up above.

Yeesh.
That's disturbing and horrible.

Nowise10

This is something that can only be funny when its a skit in a video or movie. Not when its a real live fucking baby.

At the end of the day, they're putting a baby in a 30 degree F environment for a short period of time. Its weird and I would never do something like that but I would be a lot more outraged if they put the baby in an oven, microwave, freezer for a short period of time.

Baby in the fridge defense force! Gaf does have em all!

This is something that can only be funny when its a skit in a video or movie. Not when its a real live fucking baby.

Word. The fuck is wrong with mofos. If I did that to my cousin my mom would have beaten the shit out of me. Then my father. Then my brother. And my entire family would hate my guts.

If someone did this to my daughter I'd punch them dead in the fucking mouth and say it was just a prank, bro.

Top Bottom