• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Rock of Ages 2 Trailer, releases 28th of August

Demoli

Trailer in question, showcases new maps, boulders, generals, world map, game modes and more.

First game is one of my favorite hidden gems and I can't wait for this one.

Roll over me with a boulder if old.

Dremorak

Banned

?

Lylo

Looks really interesting, kinda want to try it, i didn't played the first one.

In case anyone wondering, here is the developer's response regarding a Switch port:

"There are no plans for a Switch port unfortunately. Technically-wise it would be a big challenge to get the game to run on said hardware, so It's not likely to happen in the future"

BHK3

Banned
Don't like the Isaac boulder, guess I'll wait the month before I buy, or just wait indefinitly until it's on PS+ like with Rock of Ages 1. Games looks absolutely fantastic though, loved the 1st one a lot.

kinoki

Illness is the doctor to whom we pay most heed; to kindness, to knowledge, we make promise only; pain we obey.
The first one was a funny little gem which unfortunately didn't find itself a place in my gaming rotation. Will try to make room for this. Looking forward to it.

Danielsan

Loved the first game. It's a wonderful competitive couch multiplayer game in which you can fuck over your opponent in wonderful ways.

breakfuss

Lmao, that trailer is ...something. What a weird yet totally awesome looking game haha. I actually remember playing a little of the first on PS3 so may have to pick this up for the couch co-op.

Demoli

Since There is no OT i'll dump the changes and my first thoughts here, if someone makes an OT feel free to use them:

Biggest Changes

You Now have to equip which items and boulders you want to use, with limited slots. Boulders take 2 slots, items take 1.

Standard Jump height is very short now, so you can no longer fly by big gaps and bypass obstacles with the default and heavier boulders.

You accelerate a lot faster and breaking is harder.

Instead of taking only the center spot and only after nullifying the terrain to build, Big aoe items need the entire AoE free to be placed, so you can no longer shield Airships with combs. In trade, placement aoe's are smaller.

Gold mines are now limited to 3 and only in specific spots.

Manual shot is now a cloud. It will spawn ~2secs after you click and it will hit and slow the enemy boulder in a generous aoe.

Balance changes

Items no longer have 3 tiers of power and cost, each item is it's own thing

Cows now spawn in groups of 5, and are sticky to the ball, making them one of the best units.

Balloons now slow your boulder if you pass under them.

Big Cannons and Big bulls are now units, and the bull can ground you.

You can click and drag towers to form big walls.

Small bombs are no more, default combs are the old mediums and old larges now spawn fireworks constantly that are small aoe explosions after 2 secs.

Elephants now also shoot projectiles on top off bumping you around

Jumping now doesn't hurt your boulder as much, but falling off stage will and it's not a small amount.

New Units

Balloons are pretty much new, as their whole concept was redesigned.

Big Cannons and Big Bulls are new placeable units instead of stage hazards.

Springtraps are relatively well hidden and can bump you out of course.

DaVinci Tanks patrol in a lin and attack from the side like a shotgun. Incredibly deadly in pairs or in chokepoints with cows.

Phoenix Trees restore unusable squares from building construction.

Whales suck boulders in (like a reverse windmill)

Boulders

Default, Angel, armoured and Tar are back

Angel and Tar regain both their unique effects after a short while.

Copernicus's boulder has a small satalite around it that destroys units and buildings

Bomb boulder explodes after it is his enough.

The Wheel is incredibly fast and hits very hard but is hard to maneuver

The Ink Boulder is frail but can jet forward while turning white squares into unusable squares.

And plenty others I'm forgetting

I'm really enjoying my time with this game, specially with the new unit selection, since matches agaisnt other people and the AI will land you against all kinds of scenarios rather than the same walls/bombs/airships/mine spam of the first.

La mancha, Copernicus and the Baba Yaga stage are all amazing. Van Gogh, Scream and Hercules stages are also beautiful.

Top Bottom