• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PUBG tops 7m sold copies and 600k concurrent users

i wonder if it has staying power, certainly looks that way.
I started to get a bit bored by it. The thrill of winning is gone after the first few times.

Shock32

I'm getting peak COD vibes from this game. Remember in COD when everybody wanted to be the next optic or whatever and the next MLG champion . Now everybody wants to be the next big PUBG player , and streaming makes it really take off.

Will be an instant purchase for me (providing performance is good) on PS4. Hope that there's not too long a wait.

Killing me watching all of Giant Bomb's murder islands and knowing it's a ways off.

Stygr

Banned
In sales it still got quite a while to reach them.
In concurrent players? It's at CS:GO levels, so probably a little higher than OW on PC. It'll become #1 of concurrent players by December.

I think OW on PC is huge, more than CS:GO and PUBG.

Orayn

So how's it doing compared to the likes of Counterstrike and Overwatch?

It's now trading punches with CSGO in concurrent players, which has been out for 5 years and sold 32M copies.

I don't think we have concurrent player data or a precise number of copies by platform for Overwatch.

Moz

Now 60hz servers please. I greatly enjoy connecting to Chinese servers with 400 ping and Matrixing my way around the map frying panning 10+ people a match while dodging their bullets but it's not much fun getting shot in cover or having your bullets simply not land due to desync and latency.

By the end of the year, with Xbox One version and a small discount, the game will top 12 million copies or even more.

Easily. Unless they screw it up, PUBG is probably going to sell three or more million just on X1 by end of year. There's a strong hunger for it on consoles.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
i want to see what the big deal is with this game. what makes it so special that people are going crazy over it? just looks like another generic battle royale game.

Someone post that sales chart of PUBG. It's totally linear going upwards all the fucking time.

C R A Z Y

KERRAZY!!!

Will they hit 10M this year (till 31.12.17)?

patapuf

i want to see what the big deal is with this game. what makes it so special that people are going crazy over it? just looks like another generic battle royale game.

I'm not sure how a battle royale game can even be called generic yet.

There's been a mod, a side mode in H1Z1 and this game and that's it, all designed by the same guy.

Top Bottom