• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PUBG's Xbox "exclusivity" is just as confusing as it was for ROTTB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BY2K

Membero Americo
https://twitter.com/poopieQueen/status/899360281255710722

DHstM-DXUAAI2lK.jpg:large

I swear, it's Rise of the Tomb Raider all over again.

Which probably means it's coming to PS4 at some point after the Xbox release.

But this shit needs to stop.

Sooo basically it'll be coming to PS4 later?

I mean, they would be missing out on a ton of money and popularity otherwise. If a
decent competitor were to launch now on all 3 platforms they could be a bit screwed.

Even more confusing then tomb raider, at least for that we knew it was going to be coming to ps4 EVENTUALLY. This i'm not even sure.

I guess I'm going to need to get a new PC...

It's intentionally confusing. And because it's intentionally confusing, it becomes clear that it's not 100% exclusive. If it were, it wouldn't be intentionally confusing.

if they don't outright say that it's an exclusive it will not be an exclusive.

if they had this as an exclusive, you'd know it. they repeat it 100 times with very clear wording.

Anung

Un Rama
It's intentionally confusing. And because it's intentionally confusing, it becomes clear that it's not 100% exclusive. If it were, it wouldn't be intentionally confusing.

This. The message would be loud and clear if it was a legitimate exclusive. All this doublespeak is just to muddy the waters.

iavi

At the end of the day it's really no different than Sony and/or Acti not saying a damn thing about Crash maybe coming to Xbox.

Or Square being mum about the PC version of Nier until after the PS4 version was released.

They all do this intentionally obfuscated communications shit and it's annoying across the board

nekkid

It doesn't matter who we are, what matters is our plan.
It's exclusive through the early access period. It's not that hard to get.

Leyasu

Banned
Or Square being mum about the PC version of Nier until after the PS4 version was released.

They all do this intentionally obfuscated communications shit and it's annoying across the board

Yeah but it is worse when Microsoft do it.

This. The message would be loud and clear if it was a legitimate exclusive. All this doublespeak is just to muddy the waters.

I can't stand this shit. Why make it as confusing as possible? How does this benefit anyone?

SEGAvangelist

Gold Member
At the end of the day it's really no different than Sony and/or Acti not saying a damn thing about Crash maybe coming to Xbox.

Diablo 3 took a while too. I think they had announcement exclusivity for that one. Not to mention the tons of indie games that seemed to be PS4 exclusives for a long time and are now on XB1 as well. This is just a common thing now and in no way exclusive to Microsoft. We just see more complaints from the Sony side since it's the more popular console.

katsais

Lol...never change MS. I hope it comes to PS4 eventually. I'm getting an XBX, but damn, this exclusivity thing is bullshit. Specially when they dodge direct questions. Bullshit.

Mikey Jr.

Yeah, thought Spence didn't like paying for games not to come to other consoles.

What happened to that whole thing?

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
When someone says exclusive, it's implied that it's console exclusive.. people getting upset about semantics there are just nitpicking.

If MS gave them a boatload of money to speed up the port.. I can see why they did it.

..and @poopiequeen

Really? That's a real support person for them?

I can't stand this shit. Why make it as confusing as possible? How does this benefit anyone?

If they can confuse even a small segment of consumers that this game they keep hearing about is "Xbox exclusive!" And get those people to either buy or consider buying an Xbox over the next 6 months, then it benefits them. That's the entire point.

Corporations are only going to be as transparent as they feel they have to be. They aren't trying to be friends with their consumers.

UraMallas

To me, the highlighted reads as confirmation of console exclusivity. Insofar as it isn't being developed for any other console - the focus is on bringing it to PC and Xbox One - that is what the second part of the statement means. The person then replies that it isn't clarifying (even though it is a definitive yes statement followed by reasoning) to which they reply that they got nothing for us besides that.

Floody

As always they none answer should answer the question.
Like Crash, RoTTR and probably more I can't think of, if they don't flat out say it's a full exclusive, it almost definitely isn't.

9cw5R2A.png

To me, the highlighted reads as confirmation of console exclusivity. Insofar as it isn't being developed for any other console - the focus is on bringing it to PC and Xbox One - that is what the second part of the statement means. The person then replies that it isn't clarifying (even though it is a definitive yes statement followed by reasoning) to which they reply that they got nothing for us besides that.

The highlighted just means that MS aren't publishing the PS4 version. That's it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom