• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spreadsheet showing different prices of all Switch eShop games across regions

Calyhre on Reddit has compiled a spreadsheet so you can quickly check the prices of different Switch games across regions, and the cheapest/most expensive are highlighted in green and red respectively.

Spreadsheet here.

The tabs at the bottom allow you to view prices in different currencies.

The steps for downloading games from other regions are the same as in the Sonic Mania thread. It's even easier now, as you can use Paypal to pay, so no worrying about a debit/credit card not being accepted or having to buy eShop credit.

Platy

Or an actually well made site here

https://savecoins.me/

Shows smallest dollar price but if you click on the game you get lots of info on the game, including all the pricess across regions and the converted prince in usa dollars

I'm confused on how this works. If I were to buy say Sonic Mania on the Russian eShop then switch back to my English profile, would I have the English version of the game?

I'm confused on how this works. If I were to buy say Sonic Mania on the Russian eShop then switch back to my English profile, would I have the English version of the game?

I just it for Sonic Mania, and I had the English version. Even if you had a foreign language version, you could just redownload it from your own eShop region after switching back.

Yep. It varies from game to game, but many of them have universal versions, so it's the same code in Russia as it is in the U.S. or France or Germany.

lyrick

What steps are included in the process when wanting to purchase games from different regions on a single Nintendo Acct?

I really don't want to manage or spread purchases across different accounts if possible.

sirap

What are the steps are in the process when wanting to purchase games from different regions on a single Nintendo Acct?

I really don't want to manage or spread purchases across different accounts if possible.

Log into your Nintendo account through your web browser and change your country. Then open up the eShop on your Switch (it'll ask you to sign in again) and make the purchase.

Tried the Sonic Mania purchase with PayPal under Russia as country, system says You cannot use the PayPal account with the current settings for the country of the region in your account. So may have to change some things in PayPal account if possible to get it to work.

Platy

Only if you change the region of the same account. If it is a different account no.

Be warned that you loose any money left in your wallet when you change regions on a single account.

Or an actually well made site here

Good site, but that's no reason to shit on a clear and concise spreadsheet that shows all information at a glance, which makes it quicker to use than a site that requires you to have to scroll through and click links. And not everybody pays in US dollars.

I don't blame people for wanting cheaper prices, but I'm worried the end result of all of this will be for Nintendo to make region switching harder. And that will suck for games that never release in certain regions.

I don't blame people for wanting cheaper prices, but I'm worried the end result of all of this will be for Nintendo to make region switching harder. And that will suck for games that never release in certain regions.

I wouldn't worry. Even with this being shared on sites like NeoGAF and Reddit, the amount of people actually taking advantage of this is a drop in the bucket compared to people just buying games normally. I highly doubt it's anywhere near enough for Nintendo to revise their entire infrastructure.

f@luS

More than a member.
There is no cheaper Mario rabbis than USA ?

Not in South Africa or Russia ? I want to go digital but physical is 49 euro here and 59 on esHop eu/us

I can't check on my Phone the price
Arms was 48 bucks on South Africa eshop

roytheone

This is pretty great! Is there an easy way to check which version has which languages supported BTW? Don't want to accidentally get stuck with a non English game.

There is no cheaper Mario rabbis than USA ?

Not in South Africa or Russia ? I want to go digital but physical is 49 euro here and 59 on esHop eu/us

I can't check on my Phone the price
Arms was 48 bucks on South Africa eshop

Judging from the spreadsheet the game isn't up on the e shop for a lot of countries yet.

This is pretty great! Is there an easy way to check which version has which languages supported BTW? Don't want to accidentally get stuck with a non English game.

Since when you revert back to your own region the game is still acknowledged as having been purchased, I would imagine that worst case scenario, if you did end up with a game not in English, you could delete it and then redownload it from your own region's eShop.

D.Lo

Since when you revert back to your own region the game is still acknowledged as having been purchased, I would imagine that worst case scenario, if you did end up with a game not in English, you could delete it and then redownload it from your own region's eShop.
No it doesn't. Separate language versions are separate SKUs.

f@luS

More than a member.
I checked prices everywhere for Mario rabbids

I'm in Europe it's 60€ digital -45€ physical
On US esHop it's 60$-50€
Russian eshop its 51€
South Africa eshop its 54€

Not as good deal as arms (was 48€ on SA esHop )

Going physical for this one as it's a solo game I'll switch with Zelda (usually going digital for multi or'indie)

Top Bottom