• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Polygon: Final Fantasy 15's female hero deserves the spotlight, says director

1d835e759fe668cacf959a6d325cdf614ac2706b_hq.gif

It may be up to outspoken fans for that to change, he told me at Gamescom. I asked him why the Square Enix team has yet to focus on cast members like Lunafreya in its episodic content and other Final Fantasy 15 expansions, something he sounded remorseful about himself.

“I really do have that desire to depict Luna as an even stronger female personality,” Tabata said. “Obviously the first mission is to get ‘Episode Ignis’ [the third piece of story-based DLC] out. Then when we decided what we do with 15 after, is to decide that together with the fans and community and opinions, just like you gave.”

the rest: https://www.polygon.com/platform/am...nal-fantasy-15-female-charaters-lunafreya-dlc

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Not this shit again. You had your chance. You paraded her around as a "strong female character" before release.

The game said otherwise.

J

JeremyEtcetera

Unconfirmed Member
I honestly thought they were talking about the female custom character for the multiplayer. Those Sunhi gifs were amazing.

Kalor

It feels like it is too late to do anything like this. If they wanted to portray Luna in a stronger role then they should have done it in the base game. The fact that he wants to make her an even stronger personality is crazy when she doesn't really have one.

Squire

Banned
Not this shit again. You had your chance. You paraded her around as a "strong female character" before release.

The game said otherwise.

Seriously. Luna's a dummy with no agency of her own.
She dies like s chump, too.

You can't make her "stronger" when she has no strength divorced from Noctis to begin with. Fuck off with this lip service.

Ydelnae

I'm convinced that he makes these statements to piss people off, so I'm just going to say that I liked whenever Lunafreya showed personality in the game and I would like to see more of that side of the character.

I hope you guys are already saving the coins for the second season pass, though.

kenta

Has no PEINS
Seriously. Luna's a dummy with no agency of her own.
She dies like s chump, too.

You can't make her "stronger" when she has no strength divorced from Noctis to begin with. Fuck off with this lip service.
This right here is why people using spoiler tags for punchlines is an idiotic thing, had no idea based on your tone that you were going to actually spoil something

Anyway, yes, more Aranea please. She was literally the only character in the game I liked and wanted more of

Demonfang

Banned
I'm so upset about Luna ... they made her out to be a strong female lead with a prominent role. Well the game said otherwise unfortunately.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
i havent played the game but how was she portrayed?

She basically isn't.

Noctis and Lunafreya do not speak during the main game. They communicate in short sentences via telepathic, warping dog. We don't really know much about her. What we do know we learn retroactively or through side content. She is an utterly awful character.

Top Bottom