• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls Is Getting A High-End Statue Of Oscar, Knight Of Astora This December

Is this the first time his name has been mentioned outside of the game files?

Figure-makers Gecco revealed their next high-quality statue from the Dark Souls series, and it is none other than Oscar, Knight of Astora, the first person you meet in the first Dark Souls.

4962091sns10.jpg

49620923tkj6p.jpg

The 1/6 scale statue stands approximately 32cm tall and is going for 36,800 yen MSRP with a release planned for December 2017 in Japan.

Those who pre-order the Oscar figure will also get a bonus 1/6 scale Crystal Lizard statue, and it is also a high-end item like the figure:

49620948c9s86.jpg

49620951hzk0i.jpg

49620952ickis.jpg

Dark Souls' Knight of Astora, Oscar 1/6 Scale Statue releases in Japan in December 2017. You can pre-order it here. Grecco also revealed another high-end Dark Souls statue back in June with Siegmeyer of Catarina.

Bunch more pics at the link.

KLoWn

He's in the game for like less than 3 minutes... I feel there's other characters that should've gotten a statue before him.

Nicely made though.

He's in the game for like less than 3 minutes... I feel there's other characters that should've gotten a statue before him.

Nicely made though.

I would love a Gwyn statue.

This is cool though. I think of him being the box art character so his design is iconic in that sense.

I really hope we get a PS4/XB1/Switch remaster one day. It's still my favorite.

Nicely made though.

So many use that set for most of the game so for most it's probably just a "Cool, my character got a statue"

sublimit

Banned
I'm curious does From Software or Namco get any profit shares from the sales of those statues (from both Gecco and First4Figures)?

Farks!

Can't wait to buy this and put on display in my living room so I can feel embarrassed when people come to visit me!

I'm curious does From Software or Namco get any profit shares from the sales of those statues (from both Gecco and First4Figures)?
Of course they do. They wouldn't allow them to make official figures otherwise. It's just like any merchandising agreement. The figure manufacturer just licenses the property for this purpose.

sublimit

Banned
Of course they do. They wouldn't allow them to make official figures otherwise. It's just like any merchandising agreement. The figure manufacturer just licenses the property for this purpose.

So the manufacturer first pays a big sum of money in order to get the licence and then the copyright holder will be getting a small(?) percentage out of each sale?And how much that percentage can be?5%-10% or more?

Also regarding Dark Souls who will be getting those profit shares?From Software or Namco?Or both?

I'm just curious how this works in order to better understand the pricing (regardless of quality.)

Nice I guess, but $300+ USD

That's for rich fans only

Fixed.:p

Top Bottom