• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nothing stops this train. PUBG surpasses [-46,278,233,054] concurrent users (!!!!)

giphy.gif

pubgjfjme.jpg

I'm amused that Valve seems to not give a shit about their own shooter being overtaken by an early access shooter. This is the latest patch notes:

CSGO

Happy Birthday CS:GO! Activated Party Mode.

AUDIO

Turned on asynchronous audio mixing on for all users by default. This one-time change forces snd_mix_async to 1 and sets snd_mixahead to 0.025 which are the new default values. These changes eliminate some audio skips and makes audio play at a lower latency.

MISC

Fixed an issue that caused buy menu to show incorrect price of molotovs/incendiary grenades after switching teams.
Fixed an issue that caused the convars mp_ct_default_grenades and mp_t_default_grenades not to function properly. (Thanks Fasguy!)
Fixed an issue that caused the final weapon in demolition mode to be unavailable to CTs.
Fixed an issue that caused the killcount HUD to disappear when using knives.
Fixed Community Message button function when viewing CS:GO Profile.
Fixed taser and knife icons overlapping.

Rumor has it:

With party mode, chickens are now participating in the birthday bash, Zeuses shoot confetti (they're still standard price), and bomb defuses will have balloons

dugdug

Banned
Can you use a controller with this game yet? Last I checked it was still M+KB and I'm not good enough for that shit.

Path of Exile being at 64k is awesome.

Been meaning to get Pubg for months now might finally pull the trigger soon. Clearly there isn't a lack of players to play with.

i should really try to get back into this, bought the game but stopped playing after a few games. Tho I did end up getting a twitch prime crate which i sold to cover the cost of the game.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
H1Z1 has a very healthy fanbase, and PUGB is literally 10X larger. Insane.

Edit: I remember when I first saw PUGB onYoutube. Looked like so much fun....but how many people are playing it? I don't want to buy a shooter with a minuscule commun....holy shit.

To be honest one of the things that Valve could ever regret is not having Minecraft on Steam. So having a game that could see success similar to that must be great for them in terms of royalties.

Why should they? More money for them either way.

Why should they care about their own game declining in popularity? Really?

Yea they make a small % of all PUBG sales and market transactions but they make a much higher % off of CS:GO sales and market transactions. But yea, who cares if our own game is dying?!

DJIzana

Super happy for this games success. I can't wait for the new map though.

Also, got a chicken dinner last night where I got the final kill, in squads, 10 kills and just year... the overall win. I don't see myself replicating that type of game again lol. Most I ever get with my friends are like 4 kills and almost never get the final kill hahaha. Was quite happy with myself there! I really stepped it up!

Yea they make a small % of all PUBG sales and market transactions but they make a much higher % off of CS:GO sales and market transactions. But yea, who cares if our own game is dying?!

Dying? How is it dying?

My god the hyperbole.

But CSGO isn't dying. It'll continue to make them tons of money for years to come. A surprise hit like PUBG on their platform isn't losing them any sleep.

DKF590

I'm really curious what peak we will hit when a new map is released. I have to imagine it will be record breaking on steam. What's the highest dota peak concurrent count?

Thoraxes

Blind bought it this week. Knew practically nothing about the game or even how it looked outside of knowing what genre it was.

Already 15 hours deep and been playing duos with a friend and it's been amazing.

Veezy

que?

They make 30%. Not a small percentage, almost a third.

Also, CSGO has been sitting at a healthy 500,000 players for a hot while. It's not going anywhere.

oti

Banned
Can you use a controller with this game yet? Last I checked it was still M+KB and I'm not good enough for that shit.

Yes, the Xbox One controller is officially supported. Not a good idea though, as you will be killed instantly. I tried it with controller, didn't like the game and refunded it.

So yes, it 100% has controller support.

cakely

I'm one of them. I just started playing on Thursday.

I suck, and my poor i5-2500k isn't helping matters.

EDIT: Uh, I really like the game. My best solo outing so far was 3 kills, #9/99. For squad play, I was in a squad with friends and my last surviving member (not me) was player #2. I haven't done duo yet.

Basically, I can kill people if I can set up the encounter ahead of time. Most of the time, that doesn't happen and I die without seeing who's shooting at me.

Dying? How is it dying?

My god the hyperbole.

Concurrent numbers down, peak numbers way down, Twitch numbers way down, subreddit numbers way down, skin prices tanked.

Dying doesn't mean dead. CS:GO is declining in popularity while still being one of the most played MP games.

I'm disappointed Son
But i will do the next Topic, when BUBG will break 3 more records and have just 1 left on Steam

i don't even own this game yet, i still have to buy it

They make 30%. Not a small percentage, almost a third.

Also, CSGO has been sitting at a healthy 500,000 players for a hot while. It's not going anywhere.
On the Copies sold on Steam
Not Keys sold anywhere else

And this is your problem in a nutshell. Everything is exaggerated and hyperbole. Please explain how CS:GO is dying in any way?

Concurrent numbers down, peak numbers way down, Twitch numbers way down, subreddit numbers way down, skin prices tanked.

Dying doesn't mean dead. CS:GO is declining in popularity while still being one of the most played MP games.

declining doesn't mean dying, either.

dugdug

Banned
Yes, the Xbox One controller is officially supported. Not a good idea though, as you will be killed instantly. I tried it with controller, didn't like the game and refunded it.

So yes, it 100% has controller support.

Yeah, I might as well wait for XB1 version.

CSGO isn't really dying. It's peak numbers have dropped since it's all time high (850k) but average players has stayed the same.

In April 2016 it had avg player of 375k with a peak of 850k
In Aug 2017 it has avg player of 375k with a peak of 576k

Top Bottom