• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Some guy behind me just apologized after sneezing

Dynamite Shikoku

Congratulations, you really deserve it!
On the train and no one else is with him. I heard him say sorry after the sneeze. Did he sneeze on the back of my head? I'm so disgusted right now

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
I say excuse me when I sneeze even if no one is around or if I'm around strangers.

Stay mad OP.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I do this because I don't want to listen to 27 people all say "bless you" at the same time and acknowledging it myself is the easiest way to make that not happen and "bless me" sounds stupid so I say "excuse me" like I would if I was coughing. Not because I'm sneezing on dudes heads on the train.

Reversed

I'd worry and understand if he started coughing or kept sneezing afterwards.

Or maybe it's just courtesy, or he's canadian, or both.

I do this because I don't want to listen to 27 people all say "bless you" at the same time and acknowledging it myself is the easiest way to make that not happen and "bless me" sounds stupid so I say "excuse me" like I would if I was coughing. Not because I'm sneezing on dudes heads on the train.

would it be better if they said "You're soooo good looking!"?

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Goddamn threads like these makes me think about how some in GAF can actually function in real life.

I mean, seriously -____-

Why putting so much thought in something as inconsequential as people acting in proper social etiquette like apologizing after sneezing? He's just being polite, and it's not really strange or anything.... sheesh.

Van Bur3n

I just sneeze and that's it. If someone decides to bless me I say thank you because it feels awkward to say nothing after someone blesses you but in reality I'd prefer no one just say anything because its just sneezing and I don't think anyone needs blessings for it.

God bless.

Goddamn threads like these makes me think about how some in GAF can actually function in real life.

I mean, seriously -____-

Why putting so much thought in something as inconsequential as people acting in proper social etiquette? It's not strange for people to apologize after sneezing.... sheesh.

GAF is a never-ending material for Seinfeld.

I mean, seriously -____-

Why putting so much thought in something as inconsequential as people acting in proper social etiquette like apologizing after sneezing? He's just being polite, and it's not really strange or anything.... sheesh.

they're probably just bored its not that serious lmao

Staccat0

Fail out bailed
Whenever I sneeze I say "May God have mercy on my soul" and honestly I might slip and do it around strangers someday.

Tagyhag

I mean, seriously -____-

This girl on the train just smiled at me, is she in love with me?

breakfuss

I mean, seriously -____-

Between this and the recent "do you go outside GAF?" thread lmfao. Shit is absurd.

omg 2 people on a train, one sneezes and the other phones GAF to ask "Did this guy just sneeze on me"

Tell him you forgive him

L Thammy

It's more like a reflex than a meaningful statement. It's like how people just slap "thank you" at the end of work e-mails regardless of what they're actually saying.

Aizo

Banned
You didn't respond correctly. Isn't it customary to applaud after a successful sneeze? Kinda fucking rude, OP.

After posting, I see others are on the same page, both literally and figuratively. Good work.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Yeah but you're Canadian

Defuser

He is being polite and sorry at the same time but you are disgusted with him? What the fuck is wrong with you? Why can't you fucker just be normal people?

KSweeley

Soooo.... What's next? GAF thread about a GAFer upset/disgusted about a person who burps near you and then says "Excuse me!"?

Top Bottom