• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I miss the Harlem Shake.

Volimar

No seriously. Of all the internet fads to come and go over the years, the Harlem Shake was cute, clever, and harmless. Compare it to the fads before and since. Planking, cinnamon challenge, the mannequin challenge, none have tapped into the public's collective creativity quite like it. What fads do you think back on fondly?

Dynomutt

Which one...

Harlem Shake or Harlem Shake...

This is the only Harlem Shake I acknowledge.
200.gif

How long was that a thing? I'd never heard of or seen it until I watched one of those videos where people were saying they were over it.

Urgh, these type of fads are the worst, though I'd say Harlem Shake wasn't as bad as the "Running Man" challenge, using some fake-ass dance "called" the "Running Man".
tenor.gif

This is the REAL Running Man dance:
9wl4v_s-200x150.gif

tenor.gif

Ri'Orius

There was one year when it seemed everyone was putting together large-scale one-take music videos. Random high schools doing whatever hit song was out, that sort of thing.

It took effort. It took creativity. And the end result was a real spectacle.

zeemumu

I miss peak Pokemon Go.

I don't miss

planking

salt bae

2 girls 1 cup reactions

What are those

rage face

Or

arrow to the knee

pxleyes

Banned
Code:
(function(){function c(){var e=document.createElement("link");e.setAttribute("type","text/css");e.setAttribute("rel","stylesheet");e.setAttribute("href",f);e.setAttribute("class",l);document.body.appendChild(e)}function h(){var e=document.getElementsByClassName(l);for(var t=0;t<e.length;t++){document.body.removeChild(e[t])}}function p(){var e=document.createElement("div");e.setAttribute("class",a);document.body.appendChild(e);setTimeout(function(){document.body.removeChild(e)},100)}function d(e){return{height:e.offsetHeight,width:e.offsetWidth}}function v(i){var s=d(i);return s.height>e&&s.height<n&&s.width>t&&s.width<r}function m(e){var t=e;var n=0;while(!!t){n+=t.offsetTop;t=t.offsetParent}return n}function g(){var e=document.documentElement;if(!!window.innerWidth){return window.innerHeight}else if(e&&!isNaN(e.clientHeight)){return e.clientHeight}return 0}function y(){if(window.pageYOffset){return window.pageYOffset}return Math.max(document.documentElement.scrollTop,document.body.scrollTop)}function E(e){var t=m(e);return t>=w&&t<=b+w}function S(){var e=document.createElement("audio");e.setAttribute("class",l);e.src=i;e.loop=false;e.addEventListener("canplay",function(){setTimeout(function(){x(k)},500);setTimeout(function(){N();p();for(var e=0;e<O.length;e++){T(O[e])}},15500)},true);e.addEventListener("ended",function(){N();h()},true);e.innerHTML=" <p>If you are reading this, it is because your browser does not support the audio element. We recommend that you get a new browser.</p> <p>";document.body.appendChild(e);e.play()}function x(e){e.className+=" "+s+" "+o}function T(e){e.className+=" "+s+" "+u[Math.floor(Math.random()*u.length)]}function N(){var e=document.getElementsByClassName(s);var t=new RegExp("\\b"+s+"\\b");for(var n=0;n<e.length;){e[n].className=e[n].className.replace(t,"")}}var e=30;var t=30;var n=350;var r=350;var i="//s3.amazonaws.com/moovweb-marketing/playground/harlem-shake.mp3";var s="mw-harlem_shake_me";var o="im_first";var u=["im_drunk","im_baked","im_trippin","im_blown"];var a="mw-strobe_light";var f="//s3.amazonaws.com/moovweb-marketing/playground/harlem-shake-style.css";var l="mw_added_css";var b=g();var w=y();var C=document.getElementsByTagName("*");var k=null;for(var L=0;L<C.length;L++){var A=C[L];if(v(A)){if(E(A)){k=A;break}}}if(A===null){console.warn("Could not find a node of the right size. Please try a different page.");return}c();S();var O=[];for(var L=0;L<C.length;L++){var A=C[L];if(v(A)){O.push(A)}}})()

Paste that into the 'Console' tab of the Developer Tools in your browser. Enjoy.

Top Bottom