• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Odyssey Amiibo Boxes reveal information about new kingdoms.

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6kSkJtvreU
( Though I'd also like to source gafMember RagnarokX too for making what I think was the first real image analyzing the world map that everyone uses without sourcing :c )

-------------------

So if anyone's been following news/spec about Mario Odyssey, the 'number of kingdoms' has always been a point of discussion. First people thought there were only four kingdoms because of the billboards in New Donk City, then people thought there were only six kingdoms because they were the only ones shown in the E3 trailer, then Nintendo revealed a 7th Kingdom on Twitter...

Well the number keeps rising! Some people caught three new Kingdom Names on the Amiibo Box Art, with two being previously speculated on but one being a new surprise. They're the, apparently (thought these might not be the complete names) Snow Kingdom, Mushroom Kingdom and Lake Kingdom. So, yeah, 10 Kingdoms confirmed so far! Looks like we're heading to a pretty good final number of levels considering there's still landmasses not identified in the map, and the moon still seems like a place we'll inevitably go to.

DI1uZNNUMAAAS0w.jpg
DI1uZNPVwAAtug6.jpg

Not 100% on some names since they might be covered, but KINGDOMS KNOWN SO FAR:
Metro Kingdom
Sand Kingdom
Wooded Kingdom
Luncheon Kingdom
Cap Kingdom
Cascade Kingdom
Seaside Kingdom
Mushroom Kingdom
Snow Kingdom
Lake Kingdom

Thinking there were only 4 worlds is laughable.
Yeah it was hilarious. Even Andre from Gamexplain was giving it a thought that there could be 4 worlds because in his analysis he only saw billboards and signs from 4 worlds in New Donk City- this was when he analyzed the trailer from January lol.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
Very cool.

Can someone list out the 10 Kingdoms that people now expect to be in the game, perhaps in spoiler tags for other people who don't want to know? I didn't realize the count was up to 10.

Never underestimate "No towns in Zelda, 5 fighters in ARMS" GAF.

I'd forgotten about this. What a massively poor assumption this was, given how Breath of the Wild's towns ended up comparing to every other Zelda game.

Very cool.

Can someone list out the 10 Kingdoms that people now expect to be in the game, perhaps in spoiler tags for other people who don't want to know? I didn't realize the count was up to 10.

Not 100% on some names since they might be covered, but...
Metro Kingdom
Sand Kingdom
Wooded Kingdom
Luncheon Kingdom
Cap Kingdom
Cascade Kingdom
Seaside Kingdom
Mushroom Kingdom
Snow Kingdom
Lake Kingdom

Seventh Kingdom was revealed on Twitter? I missed that. Someone bring me up to speed!

Well, not 'straight-up' revealed, but the Japanese Mario Odyssey posted this picture on twitter a while back:
...and we knew then it was a new kingdom because the colors for each Kingdom's Moon are different.

Then on the Gamescom demo, when they got a "Grand Moon", the map popped up and it was slightly different than before, confirming a Kingdom called "Seaside Kingdom". Somewhere around then they also updated the box art to contain a picture of that water Kingdom.

RagnarokX

This is the last version of the map I made pointing out all of the shapes:
vprSlZ2.jpg

The Lake Kingdom has lakes in it and Snow Kingdom is Ice Crystals.

The one that looks like "B__blaine" is a champagne bottle. It ends in "blaine" which sounds like the end of champagne, so I'm guessing the name is going to be a pun on champagne and something else.

The crazy one was figuring out what Mount Volbono means. It's a combination of the Esperanto word for wok (cook pot) and volcano. Why Esperanto?

sanstesy

I really hope Nintendo keeps most content from the game completely secret. They are doing a supreme job so far but you know there gonna be multiple trailer that reveal everything right before release.

I'm guessing they are going to go for the same amount of levels as SM64 and offer 15 kingdoms.

Cascade, Lake and Seaside Kingdoms?

x_x

I kid, I kid
Cascade is the dinosaur/prehistoric level. Although I wonder why they are giving us a lake, beach and waterfall level.

Top Bottom